Chapter 7

4 walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

23rd October 2014

Krystal was on her study table, heads down skimming through her drama's script and memorizing the lines as it was her last day of filming on set tomorrow. Her eyes were getting heavier every time she turned over the pages; and she had to pinch herself to keep herself awake. Her phone which was situated at the other corner of her room rang loud and clear and brought her back to senses. CSH calling.

Krystal: Oh oppa.

Top: I did not expect such gentle voice answering my call.

Krystal: If there's nothing I'd hang the call.

Top: Yah little kid wait!

Both Top and Krystal had been contacting each other ever since the "dinner date" in Top's house. Of course, Top was always the one who initiated the conversation between them; asking how had her day been. She hadn't been hiding her smiles whenever Top's messages was shown on her screen. She would receive countless spams of visual art photos and another set of stupid pictures of what he'd been doing or what he'd been editing using who-knows-what-application. Another thing that she learned from him was that, he totally at editing.

Top: You sound tired.

Krystal: Ah...yes; had a long day. Running through my script now.

Top: Are you free tomorrow? I'd pick you up and we'll go to the art exhibition in town. Are you fine with that?

Krystal: Tomorrow?

Top: I'd pick you up from your filming location.

Krystal: No way! What if anyone sees it?

Top: Isn't hanging out with me in the art gallery considered obvious as well?

Krystal: ....

Top: Text me where you'll be at and what time you'd finish. See you tomorrow. Make sure you have enough sleep, I don't want to have an outing with a panda.

Krystal: Yah!!

/

24th October 2014

"Happy birthday baby!" Jessica rushed into Krystal's room without knocking. She found her younger sister in the walk-in wardrobe getting changed and gave her a tight hug. 

"Yah unnie knock the door!" Krystal yelled.

"Oops sorry! By the way, you're not driving to the set later right?"

Krystal shook her head and slipped herself into her denim, "Manager oppa is coming to drive me there. Why?"

"I'll pick you up in the afternoon okay?" Jessica replied, "We'll go for a shopping then off to your favorite restaurant to meet mum and dad. I've just made a dinner reservation last night."

Krystal bit her lower lips, seemingly bothered by her sister's offer. "Umm..I'm going to an art exhibition later with Top oppa."

"What?!" Jessica's eyes widened in surprise. It was pretty much for her to handle early in the morning. "I'd like to question you about it but I don't want to be late for my meeting with the investors." She grabbed the younger's head and planted a peck on her cheeks, "I'll see you tonight then! Don't fall in love too quickly." Jessica joked and ran clumsily to reach for the door.

 

/

 

Top had his car parked at the corner of a dead-end street next to the building where Krystal had stated. Since he arrived early, he decided to step out of his car to have a quick smoke while waiting for her. He leaned against his car's bonnet and constantly eyed on the building's exit. Not long later, an audible laughter coming towards his way grabbed his attention. He pulled the peak of his cap further down before approaching them. From afar, he could hear Krystal thanking her co-star; and saw him giving her a quick and light squeeze.

 

"Do you need a lift?" L asked.

"No." Both of their heads were turned when they heard Top's voice. He had one of his hands tucked in his coat's pocket, while another was placed on Krystal's arm and pulled her closer to him. Krystal stared shockingly at him without uttering a single word. She then watched him pushed his cap a little up to reveal his face. "Annyeonghasaeyo sunbaenim," L greeted and bowed at him, where the latter only gave him a light nod in response.

 

"Are you ready to go?" Top asked, turning to look at Krystal in the eyes.

"Y--yes."

He forcefully grabbed her shoulder harder and led her to the car without letting Krystal and L bid goodby

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter