Chapter 22

4 walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The last thing I want you to interfere is my relationship.

That was the last sentence that slipped out of Krystal's mouth when Jessica had just gotten back from Hong Kong a week ago. She could remember the heated argument arose between them when Jessica made an unpleasant comment about Top which sparked Krystal's anger out of nowhere as she tried to defend him. The argument did not end well as she basically stormed off the dining table in the middle of their dinner and had yet talk to her sister ever since. Whenever they met at the hallway during the day, Krystal would always avoid their gaze and wouldn't utter a single word even when she saw Jessica tried to make an effort in reconciliation. 

Krystal had never gone pass a day of not talking to Jessica, despite their past arguments they would always make up during the end of the day. And this time, it was clearly different. During her stay in Hong Kong, she received numerous texts from Amber saying that Krystal had seemed to distance away from them and missed out several rehearsals in the company. She would appear only if they were scheduled to attend public events, or else she was nowhere to be found in the company. Jessica was also told that Krystal once lash out her anger on her members when they confronted her, although in a rather friendly and caring way. 

When she heard that Krystal's door was slowly opened and her footsteps down the hallway was hearable, she decided to follow suit in order to apologize to her regarding their argument. Maybe she did put it in a way that was really offensive for Krystal that day.

"Look Soojung..I'm sorry, I might have just gone overboard last week regarding Top. You know I'm just concerned-" Jessica's sudden appearance in the kitchen definitely caught Krystal off guard as she didn't detect any sound coming from the hallway. It was just another night that she couldn't fall asleep, or precisely just another day into the third week that she had to depend on the pill that would harm her in long term as she started to rely on it heavily. She had self increased her own dosage without following the prescription. Krystal jumped to her feet, startled as she found out Jessica stood right in front of her. She accidentally knocked the pill bottle off the edge of the counter which left them scattered on the floor.

Her heart was pounding in anxiousness as she cursed internally; she couldn't let Jessica find out. "Sorry-" Jessica immediately switched the kitchen light on and squatted down in position in order to offer her help. Just as she caught a glimpse of what was written on the surface of the bottle, it was harshly snatched from her hand from Krystal as the younger one now stood up and attempted to leave the scene. "Stop right there," Jessica now demanded.

"We have nothing to talk about," Krystal said through trembling voice, she knew definitely that Jessica had known what she was holding.

"Soojung please," Jessica uttered, her tone softer than the one before. Despite how hard Krystal was clutching the bottle in her palm that her knuckles turned white, she managed to loosen it. She was agonized when her fear was confirmed at her own sight, that what her sister was holding was indeed a bottle of sleeping pills. "Since when?" Jessica's voice cracked slightly when she brought her gaze back to Krystal, whose eyes were slowly b with tears.

Krystal bit her trembling lower lips in order to keep herself collected, but it didn't help at all as her gaze met her older sister's soft and concerned gaze. "That night..when I told you."

"Oh God," Jessica voice seemed to caught in as she struggled to form the words. "Krystal..he's not worth it." Her tears silently rolled down her cheeks as she pulled her younger sister into her embrace. The sight of Krystal being this unappreciative of herself left her heart completely torn. She her hair gently as she whispered into her ears, "You do know the consequences if you heavily rely on it, or even accidentally overdose on it."

She pulled back and now realized Krystal had completely let her guards down as she started to sob uncontrollably. "Why did he have to hurt me this much when all I did was giving all the love I had?" Krystal's body was shaking helplessly as she continued, "But I love him so much unnie, I just..can't leave him."

"Baby," Jessica narrowed the gap between them and tightened their hug once again. "It doesn't work this way. It might work now as you've wished but it's not getting you anywhere my love. I know you're drowning in your world of denial, but the sooner you get out of it and cut toxic people out of your life, the sooner you'll be over it. I know it hurts, and I know it's easier said than done, but no one deserves this. Not when you fall so deeply in love only to have your boyfriend shamelessly cheated behind you and pretended nothing has happened."

Jessica let Krystal calmed down in her arms before she resumed. "Your members are all worried about you. I know you're not gonna like what I'm saying next, but it doesn't just affect your work, it also affects you in every way. I might really sound like I'm interfering, and I know that's what you hate," Jessica said, referring to the sentence that Krystal once said, "But I care about you. It hurts me to see you getting hurt like that. So please..think about this okay?"

Krystal scrunched up her nose and inhaled deeply, feeling better after weeping for a long while in her sister's embrace. "I didn't mean to sound rude that day, I'm sorry unnie."

"Apology accepted," Jessica grinned and patted her head lovingly. No matter how big Krystal was and the fact that Jessica he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter