Chapter 21

4 walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thanks for the treat," Min-ah raised her wine glass and took a sip, smiling at Top who sat opposite her in the restaurant. The dinner was awesome and the both of them talked about respective works and enjoyed themselves. Top somehow felt that it was a relieve for him as he acknowledged it'd be the last meeting between him and Min-ah.

"Glad you've enjoyed yourself," Top finally answered, realizing his screen brightened up and revealed an incoming call from Krystal.

"Hey," Top answered tenderly, waiting for her to reply from the other line. Min-ah knew exactly who it was as she caught a glimpse of it, she signaled that she was leaving the restaurant and waved a goodbye to him, flashing him a smile just as she turned.

"Hold on," Top told Krystal as she still hadn't said anything, tucking his phone on the table as he grabbed a hold of Min-ah's wrist, holding her back.

"Is this how you say goodbye?" Top said, pulling her for one last hug before they decided not to ever cross path again, at least not in a friends with benefits way. They sat at the corner of the restaurant beside the glass window, which overlooked the busy road just next to them. 

"Take good care of yourself and don't overwork. Thank you...for these few weeks, and sorry as well." Top continued, now releasing her as he pulled back.

"It's okay," Min-ah shrugged and smiled, "Wish you all the best with Krystal, and your upcoming album." She avoided their gaze before looking back at him and murmured, "I guess..this should be it. I should probably get going. Goodbye."

Top watched her left the restaurant and took his seat once again, now ready to resume the conversation with his girlfriend on the line. "Are you there?"

Krystal: Yeah, are you busy? What happened just now?

Top: Oh..Nothing much really, was just getting my order done to the waitress. Have you eaten?

Krystal: Yeah.

Top: Are you ok?

Krystal: ....

Top: Soojung?

Krystal: Sorry I'm just..tired. Just wanna call to find out what you're up to.

Top: How about this, I'll drop by your house when I'm on my way back, I..

Krystal: It's fine, Jessie would be back in a few mins time and she's bringing me out for dinner.

Top: I'll see you tomorrow then?

Krystal: Sure.

Top: Have a good rest okay? I love you.

Krystal: I will. See you tomorrow.

Top looked at his phone full of confusion as Krystal hung up the call abruptly. He recalled her trembling voice on the line but deliberately brushed it off as he thought she was just pure exhausted. As much as Krystal tried to refrain her tears from falling, she failed miserably in doing so as her tears started rolling down shamelessly. "You lied," she whispered to herself as she watched Top in the restaurant, having his phone call with all smiles. The thought of him talking possibly to Min-ah on the phone broke her heart even further as her hands were now trembling uncontrollably as she tightened her grip on the steering wheel. She finally started her car's engine and drove around mindlessly, eventually finding herself in the underground parking lot of her company as she sat there with her blank mind. The only thing she knew was she definitely didn't want to go home now, not with her red puffing eyes where it was so obvious for Jessica to detect something was definitely wrong about her.

She was snapped back to reality as she heard someone knocking gently on her car's mirror. It was Kai. Looking at her ex best friend glancing at her through the window with his pairs of concerned eyes made her eyes teary once again, considering the fact that they hadn't really talked for each other for a long time since last year as Kai slowly drifted away from her without any reason given. "Are you ok?" Kai asked and walked to the passenger seat, knocking on the window before Krystal finally unlocked the door after a minute of hesitation.

"Hey," Kai slid down into the passenger seat and looked at her worriedly, "What's wrong?"

"Everything," Krystal finally managed to utter above whisper.

"I'm all ears..if you're willing to share. I'd help if I could," Kai answered, now gently her back as s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter