Chapter 16

4 walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

31st December 2014

Top had forgotten when was the last time he drove this far just to be amazed by the breathtaking view of Seoul at the outskirt of town. He lit up his cigarette and lifted it closer to his lips, looking over the city lights from where he stood. The city itself had sometimes become a place which he grew to dislike ever since he chose to be in this industry where privacy was certainly not respected. He took a deep breath; soaking in the crispy winter air just before he released a puff of smoke from his mouth. 

A pair of small arms slipped into his coat's pocket from behind, wrapping around his waist all of a sudden. He felt her leaving a soft kiss on his back before she started to speak, her voice raspy. "You should have woke me up," her grip tightened as she spoke. Top lifted his hand and placed it above hers, gently brushing her soft skin with the pad of this thumb.

"I did," Top answered, "But I forgot you aren't actually a sleeping beauty." He joked as he released her grasps, turning around to look at her.

"What?"

"I've kissed you," Top said, "It didn't work at all. You didn't even stir!"

"Well, do you want to try it now?" Krystal folded her arms, pouting as she said so. Pout had certainly become her way to in ease now.

Top chuckled as he immediately looked away, refusing to give in to her desire. "I'm not giving in, Soojung."

"You know you want it. You know you're soon gonna give in to this," Krystal grabbed both sides of his cheeks and forced him to look at her in the eyes. She leant over to rub her nose against the tip of his, her pout breaking into a wide smile. "You thought I'm gonna kiss you, aren't you? Well.." She moved her lips closer to his, only to have retraced back in a split second. "I'm not giving in either."

Top stood still at his spot as he watched Krystal ran away from him, convulsing with laughter. She had given him a surprise as she popped by his house without giving him an early notice. Both of them had spent some quality time together;  having takeaway pizzas and cuddled in each other's arms as they set back on the couch and had a movie marathon throughout the whole afternoon. "Run kid," Top cleared his throat and said, "Run for your life if you want to see 2015. I'm going to catch in a minute!"

They were running in circles for a moment or so before Top finally caught her in his arms, lifting her off the ground and spun her around before they eventually stopped. They looked into each other's eyes in comfortable silence; his fingers naturally caressing her right cheek and swept the strand of her hair to the back. He lowered his lips to her neck and softly trailed kisses up to her ears, sending shivers down her spine with such effortless action. "I'm still not giving in," Top whispered and grinned; resisting the urge to take her lips on his own but still rejecting the idea of not letting her win this game.

"I have a gift for you though," Krystal said, intertwining her fingers with his as she led them both towards the car. "I'm so gonna win this, I swear." She stopped him on his tracks and demanded him to close his eyes. He heard her heavy footsteps towards the car's boot, followed by a large closing noise of it moments after. "Ok, open your eyes now." She instructed.

He turned around and saw her sitting on the car's roof, her legs were swinging relaxingly through the opened sun-roof.  "You wouldn't want to stand for the whole night, right?" Krystal asked. "Come here," She ordered, strumming on her guitar strings as she signaled him to come over.

"Since when there was a guitar at the back of my car?" He fina

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter