Chapter 12

4 walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4th November 2014

Top had spent his entire day yesterday in the studio; where Krystal spent hers shooting commercial in another side of the city. Both of them were occupied with their respective work but never stopped missing each other. Krystal, being like a little girl just fell helplessly in love longed for his tight embrace and scent despite the fact that they had not seen each other for just a day. Top had texted her this morning saying that he would come find her after he completed his work for today.

Krystal was mindlessly scrolling through her phone as she strutted down the hallway, coming out from the changing room after a long morning of choreography practice. "Hey Krystal," Sehun greeted as he came to a stop in front of her from the opposite way. He had his smile plastered on his face when he saw her, but her face quickly changed as soon as she stared up.

"Sehun," Krystal started, sliding her phone into her pocket behind her denim before continuing, "I thought I've made things clear between you and I."

It was during the week that Top had left for Taiwan for his concert with his labelmates that Sehun suddenly confessed to her in the cafeteria when both of them were having lunch together. Krystal thought it was just a plain catch-up session as it'd been a while since they last met due to their different schedules, especially Exo who had such packed schedule and tours going on as their popularity skyrocketed. 

"It's unfair for me that you completely distance yourself from me after that confession," Sehun explained, reaching down to reach for her hand in his own. She was taken aback and swung it off swiftly, stepping backwards to widen the gap between both of them.

"I want to know what he has that I don't," he asked and saw confusion written over her face. Aside from her group mates and Jessica, none of them knew that she was linked to Top; forgetting the fact that he had literally dragged her out of her practice room a few days ago when he suddenly visited. "I saw him that day, and you, here."

Krystal took a moment to find words to continue. "I..look, I don't think I have to give you an explanation really, I've always treated you as one of my close friends, and if you want, we can still be. Don't jeopardize that." Krystal said sternly as she met his gaze once again. Without giving them any chance to continue the conversation, Top who arrived slightly earlier made an appearance in front of them.

"One of the worst things a man could do is to make the girl he likes feel uncomfortable, don't you think little boy?" Top appeared next to both of them; having heard of the conversations between them earlier. He put his hand on Krystal's waist and pulled her closer, away from Sehun. He looked at her and winked cheekily before turning his attention back to the younger one in front of him.

Krystal remained silent throughout; watching Sehun lowered his head in embarrassment. "I'm sorry," he uttered and soon his heels and left the spot, leaving Top and Krystal alone. "Maybe you shouldn't have said that," Krystal eyed at Top, seeing him for the first time in two days' time.

"I think that's the second time I've heard of this from you whenever I "save" you from the other guys," Top answered, referring to the hug that L gave Krystal a while ago.

"That sounded a bit harsh," Krystal went on and explained. "I mean.."

"Oh come on, he has to know that you belong with me." Top answered, giving her forehead a quick peck. He moved his both his hands up to her shoulder and stared at her closely that both of them could feel each other's breath against their skin. "And it's my birthday today; I certainly do not want the sight of somebody else touching you to be my gift."

Krystal burst into a laughter before continuing, "I think you should thank me for it. It's memorable for you, isn't it?"

"I have just a simple request from you in order to make me forget the unpleasant sight just now," Top started. 

"Fine, how can I erase this strong jealousy from you?"

"Well, you know," Top raised his eyebrow and eyed at Krystal's lips, making his point precise. "I'm very sure you can think of something."

She lifted her shoulders in half a shrug and tilted her head. "No, I don't know," Krystal who was amused by him played along. "You know I'm pretty inexperienced in love, don't you?"

"Okay," Top wrapped his arms around her waist; "Your lips will be involved."

Krystal pretended to think deeply, "One can do a lot with that. You're not precise enough."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter