Mr. Perfect: Kim Mingyu (S.S-2.0)

Random K-Pop Imagines

(P.S: Its Kim Mingyu in SEVENTEEN~)

Your POV
I'm a private investigator.

I'm just kidding.

Kim Mingyu just graduated high school and I have this feeling he is not human. I mean he is in SEVENTEEN and specializes in rap, like boi, what?

He can cook, literally so many things. Even butterfly a small fish. Or making recipes in 2 minutes by just looking at ingredients. What an eomma. 

He knows how to style hair.

He knows how to play the bass.

He worked as a part-time barista who knows how to make his way to a girl's heart. With bitter, yet savory sweet caffeine.

He was the top of his class, but I was at the top of the whole grade.

He doesn't know what a tissue or hand sanitizer is, so I secretly used to shove those things in his locker.

Anyways, his smile is so captivating. His handsome looks and his knowledge. I must find out the real truth.

I know I shouldn't be focused on him, but I don't think anything is more important than right now. It's who he is.

Yea, I have no idea why I'm trying so hard to find who he really is. I mean he could be a vampire for all I care, his teeth are obviously canine type.

We're on spring break and my parents decided to have some friends over since our penthouse could fit three families anyways. Business partners of course. I'm in college and he's off living with his other twelve friends.

I just go to watching funny&cute videos of SEVENTEEN. I've done some research and watched so many videos of Mingyu, of course just to reveal his extraordinary specialties.

The only flaw I see is that he likes this guy Wonwoo, it's like they've been together ever since. Not that it's wrong, but I can see why he rejected so many girls.

High School is over but he could've topped me in grades, he was .4% away from beating my grade. Like whew.

"Honey! Could you go get the door. I'm occupied. My nails shouldn't get ruined a bit." The VoiceOver system said. It's a thing we use instead of a phone, powered by Bluetooth. How much technology does our house use?

"Yea, yea, sure." I said getting up, only with shirt and shorts on. I mean it's spring break and parents never told me when they were coming. It could just be the mailman.

I walk towards the door with my crusty eyes, bed hair, and puffed face (ramen & dramas), opening the door.

Getting greeted by the one and only Kim Mingyu. I shut the door after I see his face. That was rude of me, but I can not look like this in front of that guy.

I quickly get a post-it note and write, 
'This is the Kwon household, and I didn't know we were having guests. Brb.'

I open the door and stick it on his head and run up the stairs. My gosh, so embarrassing. I quickly get ready.

Mingyu's POV 
Who was that? I take the note off my head and read it.

'This is the Kwan household, and I didn't know we we're having guests. Brb.'

Kwan? As in Seungkwan?

I look closer and it said Kwon. Yerp, this is the right house.

This was Hoshi's cousin house, he wanted to meet his aunt who provided for him when his parents weren't there for him. I was the only one who volunteered to visit with him. 

Hoshi came walking over to the door with our luggage. "Ring it again. My cousin should be in there." I follow his order and reach over to grab my  luggage.

No one came. I ring it again. Still, nothing. I wait two minutes this time and ring it once again.

"Oh my gosh what do you want?" The girl came back all dressed up. Oh?
Y/N?

The same girl that got first place in class rank instead of me?

Well, well, well, nice to see her again. I never really got to talk to her.

"Aeee. Y/N don't be like that. We're on a break as well! This is Mingyu." Said Hoshi. Wah, they must be close.

"Oh, it's you. Hosh— I meant Soonyoung, why are you here?" She knows we're in SEVENTEEN? You can't hide the true 10:10's name.  

"I wanted to see my auntie when I'm on break of course! Why are you like this, Y/N-ah." He pushed me out of his way and walked to the doorstep.

"Omo! Is this my baby? Aigoo. You've been working so hard. Y/N! Why didn't you let them in? Their skin shouldn't be out in the sun for too long, they have to keep their image." I'm guessing Hoshi's aunt? Wow she knows us?

I could just see Y/N rolling her eyes just waiting for the conversation to end.

We walked inside and this mansion was off the hook. So big.

"Omo, Mingyu? Aigoo, do you remember Y/N? That ceremony was one to remember. You're getting more handsome!" Said Mrs. Kwon, walking over to me suddenly squishing my cheeks. I had so much saliva any of it could spit on her face but eventually she stopped.

(A/N: NASTY BOI. Okay I'm sorry I didn't know I put that. And once I read it again I just had to say it. Mingew.) 

The maids took our luggage and a new pair of maids came patiently waiting for us.

"Y/N! How could you not fall in love with this tall, handsome, young boy. You know what! Marriage season is coming right up! Awe, I want little grandchildren just running through this house. Omo!" Mrs. Kwon just ran away squealing at the thought of us being together.

"I'm sorry bro, I didn't know she would be this hyper. Or even know us as stars." Said Hoshi, laughing it off and following the maids. I followed his trail and Y/N was left there just in shock. I smiled to myself, cute.

We were in one room but two separate beds, and bathrooms. Wow, they are rich.

Your POV 
Yea, just some cultural shock. Why would my mom even? I'm not done with college yet.

I stomp my way up the stairs and close my door shut. Wait...

This is my chance to prove Mingyu isn't who he think he is. I mean my research object is right in my face! This is an opportunity! Wow, I am one lucky girl.

Okay, first thing. Go to the instrument room and get a bass without any suspicion and make a note saying...

I secretly tiptoe my way towards the room full of instruments in the basement. Yea, tiptoeing because everyone in the family knows I don't play music. I walk in and I grab a bass, I think, I mean it was labeled and I don't know my instruments either. So... Meh.

I get out my note pad and... 

'I had nowhere else to put this, I need to turn this into the shop and I visit this room all the time so I can remind myself. If you know how to play, you can do so. If you know how to fix it, perfect. Just don't break it even more.'

I am so proud of myself, this sounds just like my dad. Pat on the back girl. 

I stick it on the bass and carry it up the stairs I peek inside their room and I could hear them downstairs.

Coast is clear just place it where it's noticeable. I look around and there is a big window with light just streaming through. I place it there and walk out. 

I hear footsteps climbing up the stairs. Oh no. I was about to grab the doorknob but someone beat me to it. 

"What are you doing in here?" Said Mingyu. I just looked around. "Well, I live here and I just wanted to see if my special bracelet was in here and wow. Your hair is off the hook, I think you should fix it. It looks like a legit bird's nest. Take my word for it, it looks baaaad." I said walking out, while he rushed to the bathroom. 

He fell for it, guys really do care for their hair eh. 

I walk back to my room and I was about to put earbuds in but I forgot I had to listen if he knew how to play. I move on to read a book with total silence. This is so not me, I need music. 

And apparently my wish came true. I could hear the low bass play relaxing music. Oh my gawd. This can not be happening right now. 

The music stopped after 5 minutes. Wow, that was pretty amazing. 

I ruffle my head and ignore what just happened heading downstairs where Soonyoung was. 

"Um. Do you know what we're eating this dinner?" I asked he was on his phone. 

"Oh, wait. You're talking to me? Your mom said we were going out. Too bad, I really missed her cooking. I guess I can always taste it tomorrow." He was shocked but still answered me. 

I guess I won't be able to see his cooking skills. 

A few hours later...

"Everyone is ready to go out right?"

It was my mom, me, Soonyoung, Mingyu and my dad will come by himself later. Just business. 

We all nodded and we walk to the five-seat car. 

My mother drove and I sat in the passenger seat while the other two we're in the back. 

My mother decided to go somewhere exclusive. 

We weren't that rich. I think...

We drove out of the crowd of 3-story   houses and made it out to the streets with moving cars every second. 

We arrived at the most infamous restaurant in Italy which was connected to a ballroom. The owner decided to expand it in other countries like here, South Korea. 

We weren't dressed fancy at all. My mom outshines all of us. Why are we here today? Its just a Friday night. 

Soonyoung and Mingyu were in jeans and a T-shirt. 

I was in leggings and a sweater. 

So simple and unprepared we are. 

We walk towards the opening gate. The guards scoffed at our outfits. WELL MISTER your muscles aren't that great either. 

My mother whispered something in their ears and gave them a card. It was made out of gold. They nodded and gave it back. 

Once we were walking the doors the guards respected us and bowed. 

Inside was just fancy. Too fancy.

I look around and follow my mother. No wonder we're here. My dad. 

"Hello kids. This polite woman will show you to the wardrobe please just wear this for tonight. Lets have fun alright?" My dad conversed with us and walked away with mother, arms linked together greeting other people. 

"Okay young'ins, follow me and you won't get lost. Mr. Kwon already picked outfits for each of you. You just have to try them and we have a booth that will style your hair and makeup later." 

We all nodded and did what she said. 

After walking for awhile we saw a closed door. She opened it with a key card and it was full of dresses and suits. 

She clapped to get our attention and she opened a separate closet which held three fancy outfits wrapped like it was dry-cleaned. 

"Here is yours, yours, and yours. the shoes are in there already. Go change. We're on a tight schedule!" 

Right after we received our outfits the girl pushed us in changing rooms all next to each other, no gender policy. 

I open the bag protecting the dress and I got to say it was beautiful. 

It was red, had sequins at the top, and was long and petite.

There were gold sparkly heels along with it. 

I put everything on, it all matched and fit. 

I gather my old clothes in pile, zip up the bag, and carry those two out at the same time. 

I saw the girl rush over to me and grabbed the zipped bag from me. I put my old clothes in this basket thing and walk to a mirror. 

"You really are gorgeous, honey. The boys already left to the hairstylists. Just before you go I have some earrings and a necklace." 

I nodded and thanked her. I sat down real quick so she could put the necklace on. While I start with the earrings. 

I thanked her once again and left to where she pointed just across the hall to the left. 

I heard some talking in a open room and joined whatever humans were in there. 

I saw Soonyoung and Mingyu on a chair with each a stylist. 

I see a guy rush over to me. 

"Are you Y/N Kwon?" He questioned. I nod my head and he gestured me to a seat. 

"Well, nice to meet you very young lady. I am Francois Hyden Paek. I am told to do your hair. Well, any suggestions?" 

I shook my head I don't really do my hair just brush and tie it up. Nor do I know any names of fancy hairstyles. 

"When you walked in I saw earnings and you're wearing a long but petite dress. Maybe I should do it up. Man it would have been better if this dress was strapless." 

Soonyoung, Mingyu, and I just looked at him. 

"Don't worry honey, I'm gay. If that's enough information. You two boys still have a chance with this fabulous girl. You better work it out there like you're on a runaway."

The guy stylist whispered the last part. Soonyoung and Mingyu just went back to minding their own business. 

He finally decided to leave my hair down, while Soonyoung got up from his seat, Mingyu following next.

My stylist straightened my hair and then curled it at the bottom. 

He brought out something secretive and it was glitter. 

He said having my hair straightened looks to plain and he wanted me to stand out. 

So he started putting streaks of glitter gold and silver. 

Soon he let me go and join the boys. 

Once I got off the seat I noticed Mingyu had a red suit, matching mines. 

Hoshi was wearing a very dark green. Which made him stand out pretty well. 

We were lead back to the ballroom and I could my parents were wearing  matching blue outfits. I could tell the male guests were only allowed to wear black, grey, or white. And the ladies pink, yellow, or black. 

"You guys look very fancy. Which fits the concept more than jeans and leggings. Do you guys know why we're here this evening?" 

I shook my head, I mean we all did. We were some very clueless kids. 

"It's our 20th anniversary! The day Mr. and Mrs. Kwon became real, for us. I can't believe you forgot." 

They shook their heads. 

"Oh. I didn't forget. Here a gift." 

I saw Soonyoung take something from the inside of his suit. A card. 

"Aww. Very cute sweetie. Y/N?" 

I panicked. I started singing, "What is love. Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me. No more. Mommy and Pops. Always together and furthermore. Tada!~" 

Mingyu wanted to laugh I could see it. 

"Oh my. You didn't have to go that far. Very meaningful lyrics honey. Lets go greet some more guest before we officially announce some things." My father nodded and kissed my head. 

They waved and left. I could hear laughter. 

"Wow that was hilarious." Soonyoung  said laughing even clutching his stomach. 

"I might get a permanent six-pack. Oh my gosh. Haha." Said Mingyu agreeing. 

Not is he only multi-talented but athletic. No way. 

"Shut up okay. It was a freestyle, I felt bad cause I didn't remember. Mingyu just no, you can't have a permanent six-pack." I said. Whoops. It just slipped out. 

"What are you talking about? It's not impossible. I can do it if I choose to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Why? You want to challenge me?" 

"How about a food challenge?" 

"Food Challenge?"

"Food Challenge?" 

We all both say at once. 

"Hey. I said it first." 

"Well, you're not in this Hoshi. So I said it first." Said Mingyu. 

"Stop being childish. I'm going to eat cause I'm hungry. We can challenge each other later."

They agreed with me and we all wen to get food with me. 

After getting our food and sitting down. My parents came up to the podium. 

They did their welcoming speech, a toast, and a duet. After the lovely stuff was done they went to go eat and sit by friends. 

Us three ate in silence and someone suddenly joined our table. 

"The stylist?"

"The Gay Guy?" 

"Francois Hyden Paek?" 

We all said together. I'm the one who said his full name. I would never be that straightforward. 

"Yes. I heard you didn't prepare anything for your parent's  anniversary. Are you crazy?" He talked to me with an French accent now so it was a bit hard to understand. 

"How did you know?" I asked, it was weird. 

"I have my ways, in other words spying. But it won't affect your life. Be honored." 

We all just took glances at him like he was the crazy one. 

"Well, I have an idea. You guys can make a special performance. I was there at their wedding and they did a organized couple dance. I think you two would be good together and my daughter Eunji would be good with you, the one in the green. We can recreate this memory as a gift from all of us. I have been there for them since a long time trust me this once young ma'dam." 

"That's a really good idea. What kind of dance? Mr. Paek Its really nice to know your idea was the most creative anyone could have thought." 
I said. I remember him pointing to Mingyu and I as partners. Soonyoung with a girl named Eunji.

He clasped his hands. "Well follow me and you can see the clip I recorded." 

We all got up and followed him. We arrived in this room for dancing because of the mirrors. 

I wonder if Mingyu's good at dancing.

I mean the suit looks uncomfortable because they probably couldn't match his height. Lol. 

I know about his idol life and how they have to multitask with dancing and microphones, but this has got be something different. 

Mingyu's POV 
I could not stop looking at Y/N. She looked all kinds of beauty combined all dressed up. 

I got really excited when he paired us up together. Even her dad organized us with red. 

Ahem. I shouldn't be like this. I should get to know her. You know maybe do some fronting.

~-/////////////////-~ 
I wasn't planning on this being a short story. Really. Honestly I thought it would be one of my shorter ones. But I just got ideas to keep going on. 

I will be finishing up Supernatural as well so stay tuned. I also have another tag to do so maybe I'll do that after I post my Supernatural and one original imagine. 

I hope you all enjoyed and my apologies if there were any writing mistakes. 

Have a great day!~