Trip

Our Golden Maknae

They always say that Jungkook is in fact getting better. Is he really? The 6 very important people in his life worry about that within every single second. Yoongi sat next to Jin and Nam Joon on the small beige couch. Hoseok sat on the floor with Jimin and Taehyung sharing a bag of popcorn. No one was really paying attention to the movie. Their minds were blank when they watched it. The people on the screen was just figures moving about with no intention, no meaning. The maknae was no where to be seen. They wanted to give him his space. During the past week, Jungkook had random breakouts of frustration and anger. The youngest made it very clear when the door slammed shut after they got back from practice. He became strong enough to be able to stand and the members couldn't be happier. Their smiles were not forced for the first time in the past month. But it wasn't until Jungkook was found in the bathroom all sweaty and pale. His hand gripped the sink like he was holding on to dear life. His head was down because he just didn't hve the energy to keep it upright. Jungkook didn't tell anyone but there a horrible blast of pain erupted in his weak body. He fell to the floor sobbing because of the pain. If it wasn't for Jin who came to check on him, it would have been bad. Jin's mother mode was activated and he immediatly ran out to get the medicine that Jungkook was too weak to walk over and get. Jin pulled the weak maknae into his arms and forced open his mouth. Jin whispered soothing words into Jungkook's ears until the medicine did its magic on Jungkook. Jungkook sobbed himself to sleep and Jin didn't let go even when it was already midnight. The two leaned against the blue bathroom wall and fell asleep. When the other members got home, they dragged the two on their beds. Nam Joon noticed Jungkook's tear-streaked face and wondered what happened while they were at their schedule. He could only sign and put Jungkook's blanket on him. When the eldest told the members what happened that last, their faces streched to one of horror. Jungkook wanted to practice after that incident but he found himself always slow and extremely out of breath. After each song, his lungs burned and he had to wheeze for a whole minute before continuing. Dancing and singing was twice as hard as before and as each day gone by, he got more frustrated. The members just wanted him to calm down and have some time to think when they heard Jungkook slam the door on them. Maybe it was a rude action but they have spent enough time together to understand what he is thinking. Jungkook can't accept that he needs to adjust to his cancerous body and that he can't do the things he once could do so well. The frustrations is sinking into him. Taehyung glances at Jungkook's door nervously. Honestly, they didn't leave Jungkook alone for long because they always gets so worried. Jin shook his head at Taehyung mentally telling him that Jungkook just needs some time and they need to be patient. After a minute, they promptly heard sobbing noises through the door. Even the door that says JUNGKOOKIE!!! in sparkly pink wasn't enough to make them smile this time. 

"I can't deal with this," Nam Joong said "I can't stand Jungkook crying every day. We need to do something."

"What can we do? Having cancer is a pretty depressing thing, especially when it limits Jungkook from dancing and singing." For once Jin was out of ideas to cheer Jungkook. He went through every tactic the eldest can think of but it was only temporary. Jungkook get sad whenever they went to practice which was very often. 

"Let's go to somewhere far for a week. For Jungkook to escape the practice room for a week. How about Hawaii?" Hoseok suggests. The members ponder about this. Would it be better for Jungkook to be away for a bit? Jin, seeing this as a terrific idea, phoned their company to get their approval. 

---------------------------------------

"Wake up maknae, today is a very special day." Jimin shouted in Jungkook's ears.

"That's right, wake up so we can go to Hawaii!!!"

"What?" Jungkook, barely awake, rubbed his eyes until there wasn't Jimin #1, Jimin #2, and Jimin #3. Woah, hold on a minute. Hawaii? Since when were they going to Hawaii? Last time he checked, they had a schedule today. A schedule in Hawaii, yeah no he didn't think so.

"What are you talking about hyung. We have a schedule today, no time to make silly jokes like these." Jungkook said as he walked to the bathroom and washed his tired face. His dark eye bags are big enough to hold several books. His brown hair was in such a mess that he can be crowned king for the craziest hair on crazy hair day. Yeah, it was that bad. Jimin Jungkook's hair until it got a little under control. 

"No, I'm not kidding. The company gave us a belated break because of our hard work!"

"I didn't work hard enough though. They shouldn't have given us a break. I still need a lot more practice." Jungkook muttered.

"We are going and that is that. We all need a break whether you realize it or not." Jimin said and helped Jungkook packed. Jungkook complained but it wasn't enough to stop Jimin. Deep in Jungkook's fragile heart, he yearned for this trip and time to spend time with his hyungs. The corners of his mouth went up a little. This was enough to let Jimin know that the members made the right decision to go on this trip.

 

 

Comment! I really appreciate it!!!