Oops

Our Golden Maknae

A week later...

Jungkook looked at the building in front of him and took a deep breath. He was nervous, nervous of the challenges he might face, nervous that he might panic when he meets his hyungs, nervouse that he might do something embarrassing or stupid. He took another deep breathe before entering that familar building again. As if on instinct, he immediately walked towards the Bts practice room where he had spent so much time in with his hyungs, practicing and practicing. He didn't even realize that he wasn't supposed to be going towards that room and that he was supposed to be Jaejung and was unfamilar with the company building, not the Jungkook who knows every hallway, room, and corner. But the move was so natural to him that he didn't second guess it.

Jungkook pushed open the door of the practice room. Six heads quickly turned around and stared at him. Jungkook froze in his spot, afraid to move. His hyungs were looking at him with puzzled expressions but he didn't know what to do or how to explain that fact that he went into Bts' private practice room. It took him three full seconds to realize before lowering his head in embarrassment. 

"I'm sorry..." He muttered before dashing out of the room.

"Wait!" Jin called after him but Jungkook was already out of the room and slammed the door in a hurry. Jungkook pressed his back against the close down and slid down down to the ground. His legs feels like jelly. Jungkook had imagined so many ways that he would encounter his hyungs but he never thought it would be like this. He probably already made them have a bad impression of him. No one except for the Bts members were allowed to enter in that practice room. Was he in trouble? Shaking his head in despair, Jungkook slowly rose and walked away.

"Hyung that was that trainee Jaejung wasn't he? The one who sounded like Jungkook? How did he even find this room if he just came into Bighit?" Jimin asked.

"Yeah, that's why I called him to come back so I can ask him but obviously that didn't work." Jin responded with a sigh. His eyebrows were furrowed as if deep in thought about something important. 

"That Jaejung is cute, the way he was embarrasssed reminds me of Jungkook."

"Yeah, he does resemble Jungkook a little." Yoongi says with a sad smile on his face.

"Anyways, let's get back to practicing guys." Rap Monster exclaimed, trying to dissolve the sad atmosphere that suddenly surrounded the practice room as the six boys reminisced the young boy whom they love and miss. Music in the practice room started up and and the six boys danced away, momentarily forgetting about that surprise intrusion. 

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

It was a month later when the new trainees had their first monthly evaluation. The trainess had a big shock when they saw the Bts members sitting along with the judges. Suddenly, everyone started getting nervous. Jaejung was last to go up and he saw how poorly the other trainees did because of their nervousness. He couldn't help but get nervous too, a cold sweat broke out on his forehead and his hands. 

"Next, Kim Jaejung." The Bts members perked up at the mention of the trainee who had barged into their room. Jungkook lowered his head, afraid to make eyecontact with them. The music started, and all the nervousness from before faded away like the wind. He danced confidently and gave off the feeling that he had much experience, as if he had been on many stages large and small. Jungkook made singing while dancing look so effortless and easy. The Bts members held their tears in this time in front of all the other trainees, but honestly they wanted to sob their heart out. Every move, every note reminded them of Jungkook. 

"Ah...Nae... Thank you Jaejung. " Jungkook headed back to his seat on the floor. They saw the large contast between the Jaejung offstage and on, just like Jungkook...

The trainees headed out of the room leaving the Bts members to discuss with the judges at the monthly evaluation.

"I think Jaejung should train with us. He's already at a high level so training with the other trainees is not going to help him at all." Jimin suggested, approving of Jaejung's dance skills. 

"Yeah that is what I had in mind. If you guys don't mind then we'll let him practice with you guys." The dance hyung said. The Bts members nodded in approval, their curiosity overcoming their concerns about a trainee training with an idol group.

Jungkook can't help but look up in shock at the dance teacher who came to tell him the news. Is this fate? He can't believe he actually has the chance to get closer with his hyungs after so long apart. They are his second family and he is their maknae, somethings are just meant to be. 

He opens the door to their practice room once again. The familiar scent of hardwood floor hits him again. "Fire" was on and the Bts members were dancing diligently to the music. But something was off, there was an empty spot in the team formation. After all these years, they still refuse to have someone fill up that empty spot because it is Jungkook's spot and always will be. That's why they got really mad when Jaejung walked over to that empty spot and started dancing along. They were about to stop dancing and kick him out when they saw how he fit right into the choreo. They felt the vibe of the old days again. That familiar feeling of being a complete team. The feeling of happiness and family. Every member had a smile on their face when they were done. It's been too long since they felt this way. Every performance that they did since Jungkook left them felt empty, hollow, vacant, like they were always missing something, something that they can't ever get back. But today they felt happy performing their past songs for the first time. Sadness always filled their hearts when they hear the music of their old songs but today that wasn't the case. They didn't feel angry towards Jaejung anymore because he allowed them to feel happy again. 

Jungkook felt happy to see his hyungs smile. He knows that they must have felt sad after his death but he knows that from now on, he'll be with them forever. 

"Good job kid. Normally we wouldn't let anyone dance in that spot but you did a really great job. " Namjoon said ruffling Jungkook's hair. Jungkook blushed and bowed to the leader. Namjoon smiled warmly at him before going back to his spot. They continued dancing to the songs and the members smiled for the millionth time that day,