Bighit

Our Golden Maknae

Jungkook knew that there was only one way to meet his hyungs again, to enter Bighit. Since the day he got out of the hospital, he started to practice dance. His parents were confused about his sudden interest in dance but had decided to support him after seeing his determination in the matter. Jaejung stared at the Bts music show video focusing on the Jungkook that used to be himself. He took a deep breath before following the moves of the members. At first he was awkward but soon the dance moves started to flow out.

Yes, he used to be Jungkook but he was Jaejung and has a different body, he didn't expect the muscle memory of the dance moves to still remain. It was as if it was always there, just hidden and tucked away by the new identity of Jaejung. Jungkook danced to all the old songs of Bts, his body remembers all of the dance moves. He didn't have to think, it just came out. Sweat dripped down his face but he was smiling. Even thought he remembers all the old moves, he still wasn't too sure whether his dancing skills have faded or not.

He practiced dance for one year, practiced and practiced everyday after school. He turned 15, grew taller, and naturally became skilled at dancing. The day after his birthday, Jungkook went to Bighit to audition. He wasn't gonna let fate take over and wait until by some chance Bighit would find him on the street and cast him. No, he's gonna take matter into his own hands. Jungkook looked at the long line of people trying out for Bighit and he couldn't help but feel a sense of pride. Before Bighit was a small company but  now it's standing among the big three entertainments. Jungkook smiled at the thought and the familiar feeling when he first entered the place. This is his second home. The practice rooms, recording studios, all were so familiar to him for he has spent countless of hours inside them. He was happy to be back. A cold chill racked through his body, what if he doesn't make it in? Jungkook shivered at the thought, at the thought that's he won't ever see his hyungs. He shook his head with force to shake that terrifying thought away. Jungkook was so deep in thought that he didn't realize that he was the next one up,

"Kim Jaejung, Number 623." One of the judges called looking at a list. Jungkook froze before walking in front of the four judges, two women and two men. He recognized all of them. The two men were his dance teachers and the two women were his vocal trainers. The judges looked at him with intenet, this boy in front of them... He looks familiar...Where did they see him before... 

Before the judges could put a grasp on the thought, the music to Blood Sweat & Tears had started. Dance moves and a clear voice flowed out of this talented young boy. The judges were gasping at the sight. His voice sounded like Jungkook's voice, the little details that he did were exactly like Jungkook. Tears started flowing down one of the vocal unnies, she was like a sister to Jungkook and upon hearing the same voice of Jungkook. she couldn't contain her sadness. Midway through the performance, Jungkook saw her tears but quickly regained his focus back to the dance. He wanted to comfort her but he was in the middle of his auditions. The ending note of the song appeared and Jungkook stood in front of the amazed judges and lowered his head. Jungkook doesn't know what to do in front of the very people who taught him everything, espeically since one of them is crying. 

"Jaejung-si, thank you for your performance. Please wait a week and we will send you information about your tryout throught an email." Jungkook quickly exited the room without lifting up his head. Was he too much like Jungkook that they recognized him? But, he couldn't help it. He was Jungkook and Jungkook is Jaejung. 

A day after the auditions, the 6 Bts members were called into the company and were seated at a rectangular table with the four judges who were also their teachers. The members brightly greeted their teachers before sitting down. One chair beside Jin was empty, reserved forever for a special someone. 

"Today we called you guys in because we wanted you guys to see these auditions and express your opinions. We will be only showing you the top 23 people we have picked out." One of the judges explained. A look of confusion spread among the members. 

"But we have never aided in assessing auditions before, why suddenly now?" Taehyung asked. The judge pursed her lips and her hesitation told the members that this was not as simple as they thought this was going to be. 

"Umm you'll see...There's a very special case that we want your opinions on." The members exchanged glances at each other upon the judge's words. 

"Ok let's begin. Number 1." The clips played one by one and the members each gave their opinions on whether to accept them as trainees. But, they were getting more and more curious about the "special cae" she was talking about. 

“Number 23...Nae...This one...Kim Jaejung..." The judge signed and the members exchanged looks again, looks like this one is the special one. They didn't know if it was best for last or worst for last. The video clip starts and a handsome young man appears in the large screen in front of them. They smile at his cute introduction but tenses up hearing the music begin. The first note that Jaejung sings, the first dance move that Jaejung does, pounds into their hearts like knives. Pain and sadness fills up in their hearts, tears raced down their cheeks within the first three seconds.

"Kookie..." Yoongi cries staring at the young boy who resembles Jungkook so much. The boy on the screen may have a different face, but his voice sounded exactly like Jungkook's voice and the way he danced, it calls out Jungkook. The members were in an emotional mess after the three minute video. They couldn't take their eyes off of it, afraid to miss any move of his. And his voice, gosh, they missed the distinct sweet voice of Jungkook so much. 

"I don't know who he is, but he is going into the company. No matter what." Namjoon spoke with a determined voice. 

 

Comment!!!