Another Chance

Our Golden Maknae

Jungkook walks towards the light that reaches out to him, drawing him in as if it was a magnet.  The light is so soft and warm, he reaches out to it before walking into its warm embrace. What he sees next isn't light, it's darkness...Then he knows nothing. 

 

Kim Jaejung stared at the face looking back at him in the mirror. He delicately touched the scar on his left cheek. It was there since he was born and never showed a hint of fading away. But he liked it though, it proved that it was him. He grew up well, in a happy family with his sister and parents in Seoul. However, something tremendous happened in his life. 

Jaejung was walking back from school to go home on his 14th birthday. Rain poured down on him like a waterfall, thunder clapped in the near distance. He ran rapidly through the rain. His home is quite far away from his school but because his parents are at work, he has to walk home. Lightning flashes lit up the sky a few blocks away as Jaejung just focused on getting home.

Suddenly, a lightning bolt struck just a few meters away from Jaejung, before he had the time to react to it, the car next to the sidewalk did. The lightning struck just in front of the car and shocked the driver so much that he lost control of the car. The car swerved onto the sidewalk directly into the little boy who saw the car but didn't have time to avoid it. Jaejung felt the car push into him and sending him flying directly onto the main road. He only felt pain, pain everywhere. He laid in the middle of the road in the rain, blood gushing out and making the rainwater red. An acute pain spread into his head. Jaejung gasped in pain and squeezed his eyes shut. Images started flashing before his eyes, but none of them made any sense. He saw seven boys huddled in this room, one with an identical scar like his in the exact place. He didn't have time to think about what it means before another image came into his mind with the same seven people holding mics. A song suddenly fleed into his mind along with the picture. Forever we are young. Their voices sounded so beautiful, he smiled even with the pain. The picture disappeared but he listened to them sing until the singing faded out too. 

That was the beginning of his flashbacks. Jaejung was immediately sent to the hospital after the car accident and was unconscious for a whole week. During this whole week of sleep, Jaejung saw a movie while he was asleep, a movie of Jungkook's life. He went through the entire life of Jungkook with Jungkook's own eyes. He saw Jungkook's loving hyungs and his last moments. He woke up from his week long sleep with a single tear falling from his eyes and streaking down his cheeks. 

He was Jungkook. Those memories are his own. A wave of sadness overwelmes him and more tears falls down his face. He remembers everything, his hyungs, his friends, his life. Everything...

But that life is not his own now right? That was Jungkook's life, he is now Jaejung, he needs to live a another life. But maybe this is his second chance with his hyungs, to make up all the lost time without them, to be happy together again. Since then, Jaejung has had only one mission, be together with his hyungs again. 

 

Finished finals!!! Yay! But I also have camp in the summer so updates won't be fast but they probably won't be too long either. I originally wanted to end it there but I've gotten so attached to it that I didn't really want it to end so I just continued on. Today is a very special day for me so this chapter was posted as almost a gift to myself. Thank you to every one of you for reading this story.