For You

Our Golden Maknae

 

Jin walked to the edge of the rooftop. He looked out into the horizon, beyond the skyscrapers and the clouds. He wanted to be wherever Jungkook was. He wanted to see his donsaeng again. He leaned against the rail, sighing and forcing his tears back into his eyes. He thought that he was over his death, but the side effects still remain. On some days it would be okay. It would be a regular day with Bts, laughing over some joke that Taehyung attempted to make or all of them spending quality time together. But on some days, Jin broke down and cried alone in his room. Everyone tried to make the eldest feel better, and they did, but it was not enough to fill the gap that Jungkook left behind.

They had put a secure lock over Jungkook's room, trying to brainwashing themselves into forgetting about the maknae, and somedays Jin would sit down and lean on the locked door. The door he had leaned on multiple times when he was trying to comfort the upset Jungkook. Two people on two separate sides of the door. Except that before Jungkook would open the door after a while, no one is going to open that door now.

Jin stayed on the roof of their dorm until the sun started to set. Even then he didn't move. He watched the sun set over the horizon and wondered if there was a sun in heaven and whether Jungkook is looking at the same sun he is looking at now. The sun said its last goodbyes as it went under, switching places with the moon. The stars twinkled. And it reminded him of the cover that Jungkook sang. They were all lost stars. But now they have a purpose, to be Bts and continue to be Bts forever and always. He just doesn't know if that can happen without Jungkook. The cold air brushed by his skinny body and he shivered, but warmed to the memory of him and Jungkook sharing a blanket and star glazing on the same roof. 

His phone vibrated in his pocket upon getting a text. 

Suga: Come inside hyung, its too cold. 

Suga: Hyung? Why are you still outside, you don't want to catch a cold do you?

Jin: Yoongi...I don't think I can live anymore without Kookie. I want to be with him. 

Suga: WHAT? Don't do anything rash! 

Yoongi ran up the stairs like his life depended on it...and it did. They had already lost Jungkook, they CAN'T lose Jin. He dialed Namjoon while running up the appartment floors. 

"Namjoon, come up to the roof NOW!"

"What? Why? Did something happen?"

"Just come!" And with that, Suga abruptly ended the call and made his way onto the roof. He saw Jin standing dangerously over the rail on a little ledge 10 feet above the ground. 

"What are you doing! Get down from there!" Suga yelled to the older. Jin turned his head slowly towards the direction to his donsaeng. His face was streaked with tears, his eyes swollen and his nose red from the cold. He was standing only in a white teeshirt. The teeshirt that Jungkook had said looked good on Jin.

"Jungkookie is there, I want to go to see Kookie."

"If you leave, what about the rest of us." 

Jin just shook his head. Suga got mad at this simple yet crushing action.

"KIM SEOK JIN, YOU ARE SELFISH. YOU WON'T THINK ABOUT HOW THE REST OF US FEELS IF YOU LEFT US. WE'RE ALREADY HURT FROM LOSING JUNGKOOK. ARE YOU GOING TO HURT US MORE?"

More tears dripped down from Jin's face. He shook his head once again. 

"The only way to stop my heart from hurting is to stop it from beating at all." The words were whispered, in a voice that Yoongi could barely hear over the rush of wind, the wind that he worried would push the frail hyung over. Yoongi broke at his words. 

"If you go, I'll stop living as well." Yoongi said, a single tear trailed on his face. 

"If you go, I'll stop my heart from beating as well."

"No. You can't. You have to live."

"Then stay. Stay alive. Stay healthy. Allow me to live. Because if you are gone, I won't be able to live with the pain."

Jin sobbed into his hands at his donsaeng's words. He grabbed onto the rail and let himself down from the rail. Yoongi ran over to his hyung and hugged him tightly. 

"Don't ever do that again." Yoongi whispered into his ear.

"I won't... I will make sure I stay alive...for you..."

 

 

 

Comment! This chapter was done completely randomly and written just because I felt like it, but um enjoy!