First Day of September

Our Golden Maknae

Rain punched down on the ground, trying to break the unbreakable ground. Gloominess hung in the air surrounding the scene. No one wanted to be here. No one should be here. And yet they were here. Their tears melted with the rain and dripped down onto the ground. Six men knelt on their bare knees in front of a grave. Their clothes soaked, their hair matted with rain. Their pants turned into a brown color from the mud they knelt on. Today was their donsaeng's birthday. Their precious donsaeng. The cake that they brought deformed in the rain, the candles long blown out. How they wished it he could blow the candles out instead of having the rain do it for him. 

"JUNGKOOK! COME BACK TO ME!" Jin yelled at the grave, earning for Jungkook's voice to answer him back, waiting to see that handsome boy appear so he can stare into his bright brown eyes. "Please..." He whispered, but the rain took his call away, Jungkook couldn't hear him. 

Taehyung touched the words etched onto the marble, he reached into his jacket and took out an Iron Man figurine. He put it next the the grave gently and smiled through the pain in his heart. "For you Jungkookie, so you won't get bored without us." 

"Oh I almost forgot." Jimin reached into the his backpack and took out an album. "We had a new album. Listen to it if you miss us. I hope you are happy." Jimin sobbed as he laid the album out next to the Iron Man figurine. He's been a mess after Jungkook left them. Not sleeping, not eating, just crying. Jin reacted the same way. The rest of them, well it wasn't good either. Namjoon was the first to get out of it, to stop sobbing, to accept the reality that he was gone. The leader then helped everyone else. He spent days comforting everyone and tried to stop them from crying. He even tried cooking to cheer them up, though that didn't end up well either. Namjoon made the members talk to him and spill out everything and he patiently listened to them. He was exhausted but Bts couldn't be like this forever, they had to move on one day or another. Namjoon knows its hard, he experienced it with them but he was able to escape the pain and he knows that they can too. Under the leader's guidance, Bts started to step back on track. The topic was still sensitive with some people still crying in the night, but it was getting better. They stepped out from the pain they had fallen into and prepared for a new album.

When the company asked them the horrid question of whether they wanted a trainee to replace Jungkook, they shook their heads so hard that it could have fallen off. Bts would never be complete without Jungkook and no one can replace him, ever. So they started as a six-member group with the seventh member with them in their hearts. They added songs that Jungkook recorded before into their album. They named the album "Missing You", dedicated to their fallen member Jungkook. Bts had a successful promotion but it was weird to only have six members on the stage. It was weird that the one singing in the middle wasn't Jungkook. Every once in a while one of them would turn around and called for Jungkook on habit, and the six of them would burst out in tear and cry together, sharing the grief together yet giving each other strength. June passed, July, August, then September came as quickly as it came last year. Except they were missing that one person. Last year they celebrated together, happy and just together. This year, the six of them knelt in front ot their donsaeng crying, grieving, separated. They are no longer together, but separated by the barrier between life and death. The rain can't break this barrier... their tears can't either.