15 years later...

Twin Exchange

 

Final Chapter: 15 years later…

 

Please listen to: A Pink My My. 

The alarm clock sounded and Gyuwon turned it off. She slowly opened her eyes to see her lovely husband’s face sleeping peacefully. She smiled and his smooth hair. She slowly kissed his forehead. “I love you” she thought smiling. Then, she shook him trying to wake him up.

  • Yeobo, wake up. You have to go to work. –she said shaking him.
  • No, five more minutes please. –he said tightening his grip around her waist.
  • No, c’mon wake up! We have to take the kids to the school. –Gyuwon said trying to escape from him.
  • Let’s just stay together a little more. –he said placing his head on her neck making her shiver.
  • No. – Gyuwon said finally breaking free from him. –It’s time for Plan B. –Gyuwon said.

She got up and took a shower. Then she walked out of the room while Youngmin continued sleeping.

After a year of marriage Gyuwon and Youngmin had a pretty daughter. They named her Kyungmi that means “Honored and Beauty”. Two years later, the baby boy Kyungsam joined to the Jo’s family. His name means “Honored and Achievement”

Gyuwon opened the door of Kyungmi’s bedroom. She smiled widely at her precious daughter. She was sleeping peacefully on her bed. She’s five now, and she has grown up healthy and beautifully.

Gyuwon approached to her bed and sat down.

  • Kyungmi-yah, wake up sweetheart. –Gyuwon said her daughter’s hair. Kyungmi rubbed her eyes and saw her Umma sitting next to her.
  • Good morning Umma! –she said smiling.
  • Good morning sweetheart. –Gyuwon said and hugged her.
  • C’mon, we have to wake up Kyungsam, so you can help me to wake up Appa.
  • He doesn’t want to wake up again. –Kyungmi said and chuckled.
  • Yeah, you know your Appa is a little lazy. –Gyuwon said laughing and carried her little daughter.

Gyuwon walked to Kyungsam’s room with Kyungmi on her arms. She opened the door and looked at the three years old boy sleeping with his Pororo plush.

  • Kyungsamie, wake up! –Kyungmi screamed excited running into his room.
  • Five more minutes… -Kyungsam said turning around.
  • C’mon baby, wake up. You have to go to the school. –Gyuwon said shaking his shoulder.
  • Umma… -Kyungsam said extending his arms to his Umma in sign that he wanted her to carry him.
  • C’mon let’s go Kyungsam. -she said carrying him.

The three walked together to Gyuwon and Youngmin’s room. Gyuwon was carrying Kyungsam and holding Kyungmi’s hand. Kyungsam was still half asleep while Kyungmi was very active. “They’re just like Youngmin and Kwangmin” Gyuwon thought smiling.

  • Yah! Kyungmi and Kyungsam. You have to help me to wake up Appa, arasso? –Gyuwon told them.
  • Neh, Umma. –Kyungmi said grinning.
  • Kyungsam I didn’t hear you. –Gyuwon said to her son.
  • I’m too tired Umma. –Kyungsam said resting his head on Gyuwon’s shoulder.
  • Really? I was going to make you Ddeokbokki for dinner if you helped me to wake up Appa, but since you are too tired…
  • Jinja? –Kyungsam said with his eyes brightened. – Jinja? Jinja? –he said excited. Gyuwon nodded. Kyungsam jumped down of Gyuwon’s arms and took Kyungmi’s hand. –Let’s go Kyungmi! We have to wake up Appa! Ppalli! –he said dragging his sister with him.

Gyuwon chuckled at him. “It always works” she thought proud. The children started jumping on the bed waking up Youngmin.

  • Wake up Appa! Wake up Appa! Wake up Appa! –they were shouting while jumping.
  • You two are too noisy! –Youngmin said covering his ears.
  • I’m sorry Appa, but you had to wake up. –Kyungmi said placing her hands on her hips.
  • I’m sorry, but you got Appa mad. And you know what Appa does when he gets mad… Tickles! –Youngmin said smiling and started tickling the kids.
  • Appa please stop! –they both said in unison.
  • No, until you apologize with Appa for being too noisy! –Youngmin said tickling them hardly. Gyuwon was watching them from the door smiling.
  • Ok, ok. We’re sorry Appa. –they said.
  • C’mon go with Umma to get dressed and I will take a shower and make the breakfast. –Youngmin said patting their heads.
  • Neh Appa! –they said and ran to Gyuwon. She took their hands and walked away.

“It’s incredible how beautiful she is even when the time passes” Youngmin thought looking at his motherly wife.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please listen to: Boyfriend- Super Hero.

  • Are you sure you can dress up alone? –Gyuwon asked to Kyungmi.
  • Yes Umma, I’m big now. I can dress by myself. –she said smiling.
  • Okay, here’s your uniform. If you need help, I’ll be in Kyungsam’s room.
  • Neh Umma.

Gyuwon left her daughter in her room dressing up and went to Kyungsam’s room. She helped him to dress up and then brushed his hair.

  • What a handsome boy! –Gyuwon said smiling at his son.
  • I’m as handsome as Appa, right? –he said spinning around and he tripped a little.
  • Be careful Kyungsam! – Gyuwon said holding him. –C’mon, let’s go to Kyungmi’s bedroom. I have to brush her hair too. –Gyuwon said and they went to Kyungmi’s room.

She fixed her uniform a little and then brushed her hair and made her a ponytail with a bow.

  • You’re ready! You look so pretty Kyungmi! –she said smiling.
  • Thank you Umma! –she said smiling.

They went to the kitchen and the breakfast was ready. Youngmin was wearing his pink apron. “What a good husband” Gyuwon thought smiling.

  • C’mon! Eat your breakfast before it gets cold! –Youngmin told them.

The happy family sat down and had breakfast together. Gyuwon washed the dishes. They all brushed their teeth and went to the front door.

  • Okay, let’s see. School bag? –Gyuwon said passing list.
  • Yes! –the kids said.
  • Lunchbox?
  • Yes! -Youngmin, Kyungmi and Kyungsam said.
  • Briefcase?
  • Yes! –Youngmin said.
  • Mmm… okay we’re ready. Let’s go! –she said.

They got on the car and Youngmin and Gyuwon helped the children to put the seat belt. Youngmin drove to the kids’ school leaving their home behind.

They arrived to the school and the kids said goodbye to their parents.

  • See you later Umma and Appa! –Kyungmi and Kyungsam said in unison.
  • Wait, Ppoppo! –Youngmin said pouting. The kids kissed Youngmin’s and Gyuwon’s cheek and then waved goodbye to them.

Gyuwon and Youngmin also waved them goodbye. Youngmin put his arm around Gyuwon.

  • Okay, Mrs. Jo. Now, we have to take you to your work. –Youngmin said smiling.

“Did he really forget about it?” Gyuwon thought. Today is their 6th Wedding Anniversary. Gyuwon thought he had forgotten about it, but Youngmin had something in mind.

Youngmin took Gyuwon to the hospital. After they graduated from High School, Gyuwon studied medicine and became one of the best Pediatricians of Seoul.

Youngmin instead made an audition in Starship Entertainment and the destiny joined Donghyun, Hyunseong, Youngmin, Kwangmin and Minwoo in a Kpop group named “Boyfriend”. They made their debut and became very famous. But their fame came down when they got older. So, Youngmin and Kwangmin created a new entertainment named “The Jo’s Entertainment” and now they train new artists in the music industry with the ex Boyfriend members as teachers or “trainers”.

  • We’re here! –Youngmin said smiling. Gyuwon glared at Youngmin but he “ignored” her. –See you later baby. –he said and kissed her lips.

Gyuwon got out of the car mad. “I can’t believe he actually forgot about it” she thought. “He he She must be angry right now” Youngmin thought.

Youngmin arrived to the entertainment. The rookie group “X-men” was practicing dance with Minwoo and Jeongmin was in vocal lessons with the trainees.

Youngmin came in the office and saw Kwangmin playing Pikachu games on the computer, Donghyun was listening to music and Hyunseong was reading a self improvement book. Youngmin glared at them acting like if he was angry.

  • Look at you! Wasting your time instead of working! –He said “upset”. They looked at Youngmin scared and gulped.
  • We’re sorry… -they said apologizing. Youngmin started laughing. They looked at him confused.
  • It’s fine. I was just kidding. Kwangmin tell everyone that we’ll give them a free day. –Youngmin said smiling.
  • What? Really? –Kwangmin said surprised.
  • Yes, they can go to rest while the five of you will help me to organize an anniversary party for Gyuwon. –he said smiling.
  • Okay… -Kwangmin said rolling his eyes. “And they say I’m the weird one” he thought.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please listen to: You're Beautiful Ost- Descend from the Sky.

The six got in the van and went to the supermarket. They were very excited for their free day; well, they still have to plan a party, but that’s more fun than work.

Donghyun took the shopping cart and Minwoo sat in it. Jeongmin glared at him.

  • Minwoo, you’re 32 years old. Mature! –Jeongmin said.
  • Mature? That’s for fruits. –Minwoo said and stuck out his tongue.
  • Just let him be, we all know he looks ridiculous doing this, but he’s the one that looks stupid. –Youngmin said.
  • Hyung! –Minwoo said pouting.

They bought tons of things for the party: drinks, snacks, food, decorations and more. They went back to Youngmin’s house to prepare everything.

Ahjin saw them from the window and got curious about what they were doing. Youngmin and Kwangmin bought houses next to each other, so they are neighbors.

Ahjin went out of her house with her little baby Jungsu on hands. He’s a very cute one year old baby. The boys were getting the things off the car and bringing them in the house.

  • What are you doing boys? –she asked walking to Youngmin’s house.
  • Awww! Jungsu! Who is the cutest baby ever? Who? –Youngmin said pinching his cheeks VERY hard.
  • Yah! You are going to hurt my baby! –Kwangmin said carrying Jungsu.
  • But he likes it. See? He laughs when he sees me. He loves me. –Youngmin said rubbing his nose with the baby’s little nose. Jungsu giggled.
  • He’s laughing at you, no with you! –Kwangmin said rolling his eyes.
  • Awww! Hyungs! Jungsu is here! -Minwoo screamed to the others excited.
  • Aigoo! Kwangmin hyung, your baby is so cute! –Minwoo said trying not to pinch his cheeks.
  • Jungsu! –Donghyun ran to the baby. –How are you little? Do you remember uncle Donghyun? –he said and kissed his forehead. Jungsu giggled.
  • Annyeong little Jungsu! –Hyunseong said waving his hand.
  • Can I carry him? –Jeongmin asked Kwangmin.
  • Yeah of course, but be careful…
  • How are you precious? –Jeongmin said while he carried him and shook him.
  • Now you all said hi to Jungsu. Are you going to tell me what are you doing? – Ahjin said carrying Jungsu.
  • Well, we’re planning an anniversary party for Gyuwon, because today is Youngmin’s and Gyuwon’s Wedding Anniversary. –Kwangmin said.
  • Oh! Ok, so I could help you cooking if you want. –Ahjin said smiling.
  • That would really help us. –Youngmin said.
  • Well, we brought all the ingredients for the food. So, you can cook in Youngmin’s kitchen. –Donghyun said.
  • Yeah, that’s great! But you have to take a look to Jungsu, okay? –she said worried about her baby.
  • Of course. You know he’s my favorite nephew. –Youngmin said carrying him.
  • Hyung, he’s your only nephew. –Kwangmin said.
  • Please take care of him. I don’t trust them a lot. –Ahjin whispered on Kwangmin’s ear.
  • Don’t worry baby. I’ll take care of him. –he said whispering.

Ahjin was cooking while Donghyun, Hyunseong, Jeongmin and Youngmin were decorating the backyard; Kwangmin and Minwoo were playing with Jungsu.

  • So, when is the wedding bro? –Youngmin asked Hyunseong.
  • The next month. We are still planning everything. –Hyunseong said smiling shyly.
  • And you two? When are you going to get married? –Youngmin asked to Donghyun and Jeongmin.
  • Sorry, but the marriage isn’t for me. I love being single. –Donghyun said confident.
  • Yeah, me neither. I don’t need marriage, at least not for now. I want to travel all around the world. I saved a lot of money for traveling. –Jeongmin said. Suddenly, Youngmin’s cell phone rang.
  •  Oh! It’s already time to pick up the kids from school! –he said and rushed to the living room for his car keys.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please listen to: Boys Before Flowers Ost. Shinee- Stand by me.

Youngmin went to the kids’ school to pick them up. They were sitting waiting for him. Kyungmi looked mad. “It seems like they are fighting again”

  • Appa! –Kyungsam said running and hugged his legs since he’s still very little.
  • Appa! –Kyungmi screamed following her brother and also hugged him.
  • How are you my babies? –Youngmin said carrying the both. – C’mon let’s go home. Your uncles and I are planning a surprise party for Umma. Will you help us? –he said locking their seat belts.
  • A party? Why? –Kyungsam said scratching his head.
  • Because today is Umma and Appa Wedding Anniversary, duh?  -Kyungmi said sticking out her tongue.
  • Oh! –Kyungsam said opening his mouth.
  • Then, will you help appa and your uncles? –Youngmin asked them.
  • Yes! –Kyungsam said excited.
  • But we first have to do our homework. –Kyungmi said in a serious tone.
  • Why Noona? You’re not funny! –Kyungsam complained.
  • Yah! Kyungsam respect your Noona. I know doing homework is not funny, but you have to do it, ok? –Youngmin said.
  • Arasso… -Kyungsam said pouting.

The kids came in their home with Youngmin. Kyungsam and Kyungmi greeted everyone.

  • Aunt, will you make Ddeokbokki? –Kyungsam asked Ahjin.
  • Yes, why? –she asked curious.
  • Because Umma said she would make Ddeokbokki for dinner but Appa said you would make the dinner instead of Umma, and I REALLY want to eat Ddeokbokki. –Kyungsam said making a circle with his hands. Ahjin smiled at her nephew.
  • Don’t worry Kyungsam. You’ll eat Ddeokbokki for dinner.
  • Yay! –Kyungsam said jumping happily.
  • Kyungsam, come with me. You have to do your homework. –Youngmin said taking his hand.
  • But Appa…
  • No buts, c’mon…

Youngmin and Kwangmin helped the kids to do their homework. When they finished Kyungmi helped them to decorate while Jungsu and Kyungsam were watching Pororo with Minwoo.

It was already 8 pm. And Gyuwon arrived home. She came in the house but she didn’t see anyone there and the house was in silent.

  • Hello? Is anyone home? –she asked. She walked to the backyard and saw that it was decorated with lights and ornaments.

  • Happy 6th Anniversary! –they all said in unison. Gyuwon was very surprised.
  • Happy 6th anniversary yeobo! –Youngmin said carrying their children.
  • I thought you forgot about it… -she said not really convinced.
  • How could I forget about it? –he said tilting his head.
  • Kwangmin, is it true? Did he really remember it? –she asked him.
  • Yes, he gave all the entertainment a free day so we could plan the party. –Kwangmin said sincerely.
  • Ok, I believe you because Kwangmin doesn’t know how to lie. –she said smiling and hugged Youngmin.
  • Hey! We don’t want to ruin your moment but Namjoo and I have something to tell you. –Minwoo said holding Namjoo’s hand.
  • I’m pregnant. –Namjoo said smiling widely.
  • Really? That’s so good! We’re going to have another nephew or niece! –Youngmin said happy.
  • Congratulations! –Gyuwon said smiling and hugged Namjoo.
  • Thank you Unnie.
  • Hyunseong, Unnie you also came! –Gyuwon said greeting them. –When is the wedding? –she asked Hyunseong and Bora.
  • The next month. –Bora said excited.
  • Really? Did you already buy your wedding dress? –she asked her.
  • No, I still haven’t bought it.
  • Well, when you decide to buy it call me. I know a good place where you could buy it that is very cheap but has the most beautiful dresses. You’ll look like a princess the day of your wedding.
  • Thank you Gyuwon. –Bora said and took her hand thanking her.

They all chatted and ate the dinner. They were very happy to spend time with each other, they are very good friends since high school.

 The party finished and Youngmin was cleaning everything and Gyuwon took the kids to their respective rooms since they were already asleep.

Gyuwon went downstairs to help Youngmin but he had finished already. She looked at him thinking.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please listen to: Shinee- One

  • What’s wrong baby? -he asked her confused.
  • Are you sure you didn’t forget about it? –she said glaring at him.
  • I already told you I didn’t. Why don’t you believe me? –he said a little upset.
  • Because you forgot my birthday once! –she said angry.
  • That was fifteen years ago! And I didn’t forget it, the hospital’s calendar was wrong. –Gyuwon looked away angry. – Are you pregnant again or something? –Youngmin asked her.
  • What? NO! Why? –she said angrier.
  • Because the hormonal changes you know… just forget about it. Wait… your gift! I’ll prove you I didn’t forget about it. Just wait here and I’ll come back with your gift. –Youngmin said and went to their room. He ran downstairs quickly and went to the backyard. –Ta-Da! – He said putting his arms around Gyuwon showing her a scrapbook that said: “Our Love Story” “Gyuwon and Youngmin”
  • What’s this? –she asked amazed.
  • It’s a special gift for you… -Youngmin whispered in her ear. Gyuwon sat on the bench and opened it.

On the first page it was a picture of the twins and her when they were children. “Do you remember the first time we met? We were still little, but you stole my heart. Since then, I knew we were destined” Youngmin wrote. Gyuwon smiled looking at the picture of them standing and smiling on the neighborhood park where they used to live.

  • How do you have this picture? –she asked him curious.
  • My mom gave it to me. This is Kwangmin, this is you and this is me. –he said pointing at the respective persons in the picture. –Could you recognize me? –he asked her.
  • Yes. –she said confidently.
  • How?
  • You’re staring at me in the picture, see? –she said. Youngmin blushed.

She continued. On the next page there were pictures of Gyuwon when she was on her early days of high school. “I took you these pictures when you were distracted. I recognized you very easily, it was simple. You were the most beautiful girl of all the school”  

  • Were you a stalker or something? How did you take me so many pictures?

On the other side they were also pictures of Youngmin in the school, in one of them he was with Woomin. Gyuwon looked at the picture and sighed. “My best friend that was always trying to help me to get to you in the best way”

Then, there were pictures of their camping in the forest for their biology project, when Youngmin changed roles with Kwangmin. Gyuwon smiled at those pictures. “Do you remember this day? You were mad at me because I was scared of the animals and then you got shocked because I unconsciously hugged you while I was sleeping” “Changing roles with my twin maybe was the best idea I’ve ever had”

She passed the page and there were pictures of Youngmin’s confession on the beach. “The first time I confessed to you my real feelings, I prepared everything to make it perfect. But you were the one that made that night perfect, even when I confessed as my brother; my feelings have always been sincere to you”

  • Do you want to know a secret? –Gyuwon said and Youngmin nodded. –I always knew you were Youngmin and not Kwangmin, since the first day you changed roles with him.
  • What? Really?
  • Yes, when I told you about Jeongmin’s thing, I didn’t tell you all the truth actually, he told me about that you changed roles to blackmail me, but I already knew it so he threatened me that C.A.P. was going to hurt you.
  • But, how did you know it? How did you know that I was Youngmin and not Kwangmin? –Youngmin said with widened eyes.
  • First, your arrogance; second, your smirk; third, your flirting. It was simple. – She said. Youngmin looked at her clueless.
  • So, the day I confessed to you, you knew it was me?
  • Yes, actually that night I called you by your name: Youngmin, but I think you didn’t hear me luckily, if not I was going to get caught.
  • So, you loved ME since the first time. You gave me a chance, even when you knew it was me?
  • Well, at the first time I thought it was funny to sit and see how Jo Youngmin would survive as a “normal” person, but in the process I started to fall in love with you, even when you still had the same defects I knew, I discovered another side of you, a cute and sweet side of Jo Youngmin that I’ve never seen before and I ended falling in love with the fashion prince Jo Youngmin. –Gyuwon said smiling and passed the page.

Youngmin smiled widely knowing that Gyuwon fell for him since the first time. On the next page, there were pictures of their graduation. She continued looking at their pictures together when Boyfriend debuted and Gyuwon was in the university, all their dates and special occasions like Christmas and New Year were on that scrapbook in pictures.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please listen to: Taylor Swift- Mine

Gyuwon got to the page of their Wedding. “The best day of my life, a beautiful winter night of December 6th, the day I got married with my beautiful princess. The day that I promised to take care of you, the day I promised to protect you and be by your side forever. That day that finally arrived that marked not the end of our story but the beginning of a long way to walk together hand in hand as we promised” Gyuwon tried to hold back her tears when she read that, that precious memories.

There were also pictures of the wedding party. In one of them Kwangmin was drunk. “It was also a very special day for Kwangmin. Do you remember he got drunk because it was the only way he could propose to Ahjin?” Gyuwon laughed a little remembering that.

She continued passing the pages. Their honey moon, the day they moved to their new house, the day that Kyungmi born and her birthday parties, the day Kyungsam born and other happy memories as a family until she got to the last page.

“Now, today is December 6th, I would say six years later, but the truth is that I fell in love with you fifteen years ago. I wanted to give you this scrap book today because is or 6th anniversary and we got married on December 6th. I started this album fifteen years ago, dreaming about this day and I decided that today was that special day. Maybe I love you isn’t enough to express what I feel for you, because I know our love is stronger than anything. I want to thank you, for showing me the real love, for giving me a chance, for getting back the good side of me. You showed me that the love is not about holding hands, or kissing or giving roses and gifts. You showed me, that the real love is about working always together as a team, taking care of each other, putting on each other’s side sometimes, come to an agreement when it’s necessary, support each other on difficult times, apologize when you’re wrong but also, to be able to forgive when someone hurt you. All those things you taught me, that’s the real love, the love I feel for you and that gets stronger each day that I spend by your side. Now, we have two amazing children to bring up together: Kyungmi and Kyungsam. I want to tell you that you had done an amazing work as a mother and I will try to do the same work as a father, so our children could grow up and become good persons. That’s why today, I want to remake that promise I made six years ago, because even when we sometimes fight and I get you mad, I want stay by your side forever, I want to hold you on and never leave you. I love you Gyuwon with all my heart, and I thank God everyday for letting me be by your side every day of my life. I hope this won’t be the last page of this album and that we can keep filling it with amazing memories together with our beautiful family.

Your husband, Jo Youngmin”

Gyuwon couldn’t hold back her tears and started crying, she just realized of how much they have been through but even with the difficulties they were still together and they still loved each other.

  • Why are you crying baby? –Youngmin said standing in front of her. Gyuwon stood up facing.
  • I love you. But I’m saying this for true. I really love you. –she said hugging him. Youngmin held her head in his hands.
  • I love you too, yeobo. Every time I look into your eyes, every time I kiss you, it’s like the first time, nothing has changed, it’s incredible how you make my heart beat so fast every time I touch you even when the time passes. I love you baby, and I want to be by your side forever.

Youngmin leaned slowly and kissed her passionately. Their hearts were beating so fast, just like their first kiss. They could feel the love they once felt when they were so young, it was the same love, but stronger and they knew it will last forever…

THE END!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like it? I know it was a very long long ending, but I wanted it to be special.

Thank you so much to each one of you my lovely readers. I really appreciate all the support you gave me.

I want to thank you for each sub, each comment and for every chapter you read. You are amazing!

I’m happy but I’m also sad for ending this story, I hope that you liked it and you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Please read my new fanfic and support it too:

Dating Between Stars. 

Thanks for reading so much! I love you <3