Denial Stage

Trespassing Through Your Heart; one shot requests collection [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeonghan and Seungcheol have been friends for who knows how long and Jeonghan has been thinking a lot of what he really feels about it. Or rather, what he feels for Seungcheol.

"Seems like someone has been spacing out too much." Hoshi says from his seat, staring very hard at Jeonghan who isn't even paying attention. Maybe he also didn't hear what his friend had just said. "Don't you guys think?"

"Yeah. Hey." Joshua waves a hand slightly on his face, and Jeonghan quickly shakes his head. He looks at his friends for a while before a blush creeps on his face. Jeonghan mutters something, Hoshi leans in, but Jeonghan quickly looks down before anyone will notice how hot he is feeling. "Jeonghan, are you okay?"

"I am, just—"

"Hey!"

Jeonghan looks so helpless at the moment.

Seungcheol takes a seat beside the blonde boy, clasping his hands on the table and grins very widely’.

"I know this sounds stupid, but I aced that freaking Math test!"

"Woohoo. This calls in for a celebration." Someone says from the back. All four turn their heads at the source of the voice, and they are welcomed by a guy sharing the same smile as Seungcheol but with whiter, more set of teeth. "Hi Cheol."

"Oh, by the way," He stands from his seat, takes the boy's hand in his and looks at his friends. "Everyone, this is Dokyeom. He just transferred two weeks ago. Dokyeom, this is Hoshi," The one with the headband raises a hand and winks. "This is Joshua." He smiles and nods. "Jihoon, but he likes Woozi better. And, I like you to meet my best friend that I love so much."

Jeonghan stumbles as Seungcheol pulls him up. He forcefully takes his hand, extending it as far as he can and Dokyeom stares at him with a smile.

"This is Yoon Jeonghan, the beautiful angel of our—ow—school. Also, he's my best friend, and he's mine, so I'm going to kindly ask you to not touch him."

Jeonghan stares in shock at Seungcheol. Hoshi snorts from the back, shaking his head at how typical their oldest friend sounded.

"Oh, trust me. He's all yours." Jeonghan once again feels his face going hot, how ironic since the room is air-conditioned. The expression this Dokyeom guy is giving him looks like he knows something that Jeonghan himself doesn't even know. He shrugs Seungcheol's hand away who pouts at him. "I better get going. See you guys around."

"See you later!" Hoshi waves a hand in the air. Going back to Jeonghan, "You know, you're very lucky Seungcheol introduces you to people with a lot of enthusiasm and maybe love oozing out of his words."

"Shut up."

"What?"  The said guy sits and suddenly, puts Jeonghan in a headlock whose eyes quickly widen in shock.

What the hell is wrong with me?!

He pushes Seungcheol without giving him a look, stands up, and goes out without looking back or even acknowledging his friends' shouts directed at him.

No. He shakes his head furiously.

I don't like Seungcheol!

"What is wrong with him?" Seungcheol sighs and turns back. "He's been like that for the past few days."

"Maybe he's on his period." Woozi shrugs. "What? Why are you guys looking at me like that? It was figurative!" He rolls his eyes at Hoshi who does the same.

"So, when do you plan on confessing Cheol?" Joshua asks out of the blue. "You have been liking Jeonghan for too long, and I think it's time to let it all out."

Seungcheol shakes his head. He and Jeonghan have been best buds ever since they were born. Inseparable. They have a lot in common and they did their activities together. They're always stuck like glue, and always give a helping hand toward the other. A lot of people are envious of their friendship until now, and people are even more jealous knowing that Hoshi, Woozi, and Joshua are part of their little world. He sighs. How can he when the guy is giving him the cold shoulder?

"And he's been spacing out too often! No, like all the time!" He widens his eyes at his friends. "How am I supposed to approach him when he's not even looking at me when I speak?"

"Aww, our Jeongie is growing up!" Hoshi claps his hands and fakes a tear. "But I won't deny that he's acting weird whenever you're around though. He was just talkative a few minutes ago."

"Could it be..." Woozi snaps his fingers, a gasp escaping his lips. "He likes you!"

"Nah." Seungcheol dismisses the idea very quickly. "I'm okay with this one-sided thing."

"If he does, he could've told one of us? And he's an open book." Joshua shrugs.

Woozi slumps on his seat. "Guess you're right."

 

 

The next few days was Jeonghan avoiding any skinship with Seungcheol without him knowing what he was doing. If they are always standing beside each other when walking or eating, now Jeonghan is always beside Woozi or between Joshua and Hoshi. They don't even notice anything, not like they care since they have other things they can have an interest on or talk about.

Except for one guy.

Woozi is still holding on to the fact that maybe his dear friend has a growing fondness toward Seungcheol.

One day, as the both of them are alone eating their lunch, Woozi stares at Jeonghan hard.

"What?" Jeonghan looks up. He wipes his mouth clean.

"Yes or no?"

"Or." Woozi looks away, rolling his eyes. "What? Why?"

"You like Seungcheol, don't you?" Jeonghan freezes midway from eating his dessert and looks at the much smaller guy with an unreadable expression. "Hah. Bingo."

"I don't! Jeez! Where did you get that from?! Never in my life will I like Seungcheol, he's my best friend!"

"Okay, okay, sure. You don't need to shout to prove me something." Woozi smirks. "Or get red because of one simple question. It's like asking what's the answer of 1 plus 1!"

"I–I was caught off-g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter