Chapter Fourteen

Taking Park Chanyeol's Innocence

***

"Twenty two, twenty three, twenty four..." Chanyeol counts in ease as he does a push up. He had received a punishment from their Captain Ball, Kris because he was 30 minutes late for their basketball practice.

The older had made Chanyeol do 10 laps of running, and 40 push ups before the younger can join the basketball practice which Chanyeol found acceptable.

He joined the team after 10 minutes, where they started the shooting practice. They were separated to two groups, the players passed simultaneously the ball to each other before shooting it to the ring.

Chanyeol is a shooter and a blocker of their group due to his height. He and Kris is called the twin towers and it was hard to get pass them. Moreover, Sehun and Jongin plays as the assist and point guard. They work together for the winning of their school.

The whole team is composed of the best of the best pick in terms of basketball. It was handpicked by a former South Korean basketball player slash coach Seo Jang Hoon.

The said man is 10'2 in height, he was strict towards training especially when it comes to cleanliness. The coach had stopped playing basketball because of an injury he had received and he is a divorcee.

Chanyeol was concentrating as he dribbles past his opponent slash team mate, aiming for the ring at 3 point line, faking his shoot before passing it to Sehun who had ran and had lay upped the ball on the ring scoring them two points.

They did a high five before running to their court to do defense.

***

Baekhyun had entered the gym quietly, looking around and noticing that there are a few people watching the practice game. He looks ahead and saw Chanyeol blocking his opponent in going near the ring.

Baekhyun takes a sit on a nearby bench and continues watching quietly.

In all his past boyfriend's all he had ever done for them is to go with them on a date at the mall or restaurant. He never get out of his way, and attend practice like he had done today.

Then he had thought, oh, I do not have any athletic ex-boyfriend unlike Chanyeol.

A lot of squeal was heard that made him focus back to the court, Chanyeol had snatched the ball from their opponent and was now being chased towards the opposite court.

Chanyeol is happily dribbling the ball before successfully shooting for three points.

Baekhyun had joined the cheer, and he had been the loudest. That had been the end of the game.

"Yeol!" Baekhyun called after he saw how Chanyeol was being lavished  with hug and praises by his group of friends.

Baekhyun walked near and waved at Chanyeol who turns his head, shocked.

"Baekhyun. What are you doing here? Didn't I escorted you to your car home?"

Baekhyun giggles, before he hugged the taller. Chanyeol quickly pulls away, his arms holding Baekhyun in a distance.

"I'm sweaty! Don't hug me~" Chanyeol whines. "You will smell too."

Baekhyun pouts cutely, trying to get near the taller.

"But I want to hug you~ After following you here, I am rejected? What a bad suitor you are, Yeol-ie." Baekhyun huffs, crossing his arms.

Chanyeol panics before looking around and figuring out that their practice was done.

"Wait, let me shower first, then you can hug me after. Okay?" Chanyeol asks, panicky. Baekhyun smirks on the inside before he nods with a pouting face.

Chanyeol quickly rushes to shower while Baekhyun waits for him inside the gym.

***

"Is your house far?" Chanyeol asks Baekhyun as they walk at the school ground. There's a few students running around due to the slowly crawling night.

Baekhyun shakes his head, smiling at the giant.

"Why? Would you accompany me home?" The smaller asks, all the while squealing on the inside.

"Is your car still here?" The taller counter attacks, that made Baekhyun shake his head quickly. 

"No~ I asked the driver to go home, I told him that I can walk." Chanyeol hums, quietly walking with Baekhyun.

"Then, I can accompany you h——"

"Sir Baekhyun!" The smaller whipped his head to the side as he faintly hears his driver calling him. He sighs internally before signaling his driver to be quiet and sneakily pointing at Chanyeol as if to say that he have a date. He didn't notice Chanyeol looking at the direction that he is looking at.

"Isn't that your driver?" The taller asks, making Baekhyun look at him. He then looks back at the driver before quickly dragging Chanyeol away.

"H-he's not! Come on let's go~" Baekhyun fake cheers. No one's gonna ruin this moment for them. He can now have Chanyeol all to himself.

***

"Did you eat already?" The taller of the two asks as they walk at the sidewalk leading the way towards Baekhyun's home.

"No, not yet. You?"

"I haven't too. What do you want to eat?"

"Ohh. Anything. I can eat anything~"

"Then let's go eat fish cake."

"Fish cake? What's that?"

Instead of answering, Chanyeol dragged Baekhyun to the street food stall where the lady offers different varieties of street food ranging from fishcakes to ttebokki.

Baekhyun scrunches his nose at the smell of the fresh goods, while watching Chanyeol pick the big sticks of fish cake and eating it. The taller looks at Baekhyun, before giving him a stick as well.

"Try it. It's delicious."

"Is this clean tho?"

"Not everything clean is delicious~"

"Wha—"

"Eat!"

Chanyeol shoves the fishcake inside the smaller's complaining mouth that made him shocked.

"Chew, slowly. Slowly. That's right!"

Baekhyun blinks, slowly following Chanyeol's instruction. He tasted the slick delicacy of the fish cake that made him moan.

"Thisisdelicious"

"I told you! Do you want more? It'll be my treat!"

Baekhyun didn't answer, instead he just acquired another stick of fishcake and ate it. He also tried other street foods that made him stomp his feet.

"That are the best food I had ever tasted!" Baekhyun declared as they walk towards the smaller's home.

"I told you so! Would you want to do it again tomorrow?"

"Is it a date? If yes, then let's go!"

Chanyeol laughs, nodding.

"Alright. Oh, are we here already?" Chanyeol looks up at the gigantic gate in front of them, blinking. "Woah, this is huge. Your family is rich."

Baekhyun laughs, nodding.

"Yes, this is our house."

"Well... uh... I should go now, good—"

"Do you want to go inside?!"

"Uh, what?"  Chanyeol blinks rapidly.

"Go inside. See our house, meet my parents, see the interior design, check my room and maybe do something naughty inside it.Baekhyun had mumbled the last part as Chanyeol distractedly looks around.

"Am I allowed to enter? Won't your parents be mad?"

"They'll gladly meet you, come on!"

————

Preview for the next Chapter...

"Hmm. Baekhyun-ah wait– Mother Mary don't—"

"Hmmm. Chanyeol-ah is big— Will it fit me?" 

 

See you in the next two years!! ❤️