Chapter 8

Woman who can't cry, Man who can't smile

It just only few hours since Jihyo reaches Taiwan, but she already had to report his duty at KG Comm branch there. Keep aside her ear pain due to air travelling, she need to focus to work soon she enter the building. She is representing Manager Ha from Production Team, together with Kim Heechul. After having a briefing from the director of the company, they are given their own office before proceeding to their main purpose of visit. While waiting in their room, Heechul andJihyo have a discussion.
"Noona, you know why KG Comm kept sending their staffs to their branches?" jihyo shakes her head.
"The president and the CEO are not the person who easily trust people. They need to monitor their branches progression by their own trained team. I think thats why none of their branches cannot make a good business. And this one month, you need to be detail on everything that you analyzed, if you find anything suspicion, tell me first before we reported it to the HQ. okay?" Heechul frequently been sent to the branches and thats make him already expertise in this field. Jihyo smiles towards him.
"Thank you. I don't know if you don't tell me all this. So basically, we are our boss's spy?"
"Spy? Oh, that sound good. And expecting the CEO or the president to make surprise visit here. So don't play around!"
"Alright Mr Spy!"

Jihyo and Heechul was on their way back to the hotel from dinner that night. As they not yet been given the company car yet, they had to have dinner nearby the hotel. They had to go through a dark alley as a shortcut to the hotel.
"Aishh..Heechul ah, next time we just dine in the hotel. Its quite dark here."
"Noona, don't worry. I know all the shortcut in Shanghai. Trust me." But after awhile, Jihyo sense something weird. It cause her to be anxious along the way.
"I think someone is following us." Jihyo kept looking behind. She tighten her grip at heechul's arm.
"We should walk faster then," luckily they able to reach the hotel safely.
Soon after she finishes her shower, Jihyo took her phone. it became habit for her to read new message from Gary at this hour. Itjust only one day she had left Korea but she already feel the missing.
'Care to tell me where you stay right now?' Jihyo was quite shock at the question but she answers it anyway. 
'Which room are you?'
'Are you sending some gift or what? I am at level 10 room 22." She just spills out her room number as she thought it was a joke for that question. While waiting for his reply, Jihyo blows her hair. Soon a door bell can be heard at her room.
"Seriously?!" Although she is quite unsure who is the guest but she felt nervous to open the door. She peeks at the door hole and widened her eyes. Jihyo runs to her bed and gets the desk phone. She almost calling the security for help before a phone call stops her intention.
"Jihyo ah, open the door! I can't be seen here. The staffs will see me!"
Gary rushes inside soon after Jihyo opens the door. Jihyo watches him blankly for few minutes. Gary already made himself comfortable in the room.
"What are you doing here?"
"I am observing my staff. Can i have a drink? You ran quite fast just now."
"You should come to the office to observe not here, Mr Kang. And why you been following us all the way when you can just give me a call or text me?"
"Because i need to observe you closer. Donghoon is cruel enough to separate you from me. I need to be with you. I can't live without seeing you." Gary talks in his soft voice. Their space became inches only. Jihyo is startled with this sudden close contact. She pulls up her strength to push him a bit.
"Wait..wait..you came alone? Since this morning?" Gary nods his head. He Jihyo's side arm trying to get closer again.
"Are you really come for observation or..."
"I'm coming for you, fool! Can we sit down and have a talk? I am tired." Gary pulls Jihyo's hand towards the end of the bed. She still feel uncomfortable sitting alone with him like this.
"How Taiwan? Later, they should give you guys the car and rental apartment to stay for a month. It will be more convenient and privacy."
"Gary, why are you doing this?" Gary puts his finger towards Jihyo's lip to stop her from talking.
"You are tired, right? Just get a sleep. Tomorrow you need to work again."
"How..how about you? Where do you sleep?" Gary looks around and found a couch which is not as comfortable as his bed to be slept on. The room is having separated partition for living room and its provided a 3 seater couch inside.
"There. I can sleep there. Don't worry, i won't do anything to you."
True enough, due to their tiredness, both of them fast asleep soon after they landed down their head. Eventhough Jihyo feel uncomfortable but later she felt safe knowing someone is watching her sleep. For Gary, he felt relieved as Jihyo didn't chase him out. 
'This is the craziest thing i ever do in my life.' 

"Gary..Kang Gary." Gary opens his eyes upon hearing Jihyo calling his name.
"I need to go for work. You can continue your sleep on the bed or its better for you to check in another room. Just make sure you left the room card at the desk counter."
Jihyo is about to leave the room when Gary pulls her toward his body.
"Can i stay here? For one more night? I don't know the way around here. Beside i didn't bring anything with me along."
"Gary, is not appropriate for  you to stay here. We are not in any kind of close relationship."
"Why you still deny it? I know your feeling, it just you supressed it for been shown. Trust me, i will make it better for you. We will secretly date and i will make sure you will not be burdened by the contract. Just stay with me. After what i have done for you, all my confession, is it not enough for you to reach my heart? Please.."
"Let me go please. I need to rush now." Jihyo kept struggling from Gary but the hold became more tightened. 
"I am sorry Jihyo, i need to do this." Soon after he said that, Gary took Jihyo's face and kisses her deeply. Jihyo tries to push him initially but later she gave up and responses to it.The kiss become more deep. A doorbell stops their action. Jihyo quickly release herself. She was blushing and keep her head down. Both heartbeat are skyrocketting inside and unable to speak a word. Another doorbell and Heechul's voice outside pulls them to reality.
"Gary, i'll go first." 
"Oppa, call me oppa. and i will always say this I Love You. " Jihyo smiles at him before she left him alone in the room. 

Jihyo smiles by herself when she reminiscing the memory this morning. Heechul who is observing her since an hour ago throw a crumpled paper towards her.
"Yah!" Jihyo shouts at him while looking at him angrily.
"Don't daydreaming. You know what, Hyuna just send few texts in our group chat. Our CEO is here. In Taiwan!"
"What?! How..how she knows that?" Jihyo became panic as she is worried the staffs might caught Gary came out from her room this morning!
"Hyuna is in Seoul right? She can't give the report to his office yesterday as the assistant said he went to Taiwan."
"So...we are expecting his visit right?"
"Of course! Stop daydreaming and helps us here." Jihyo turns to her PC monitor, she knocks her forehead in attempt to get back her focus. Few minutes later, she received a text message.


'I'm bored here. Can i come and see you in the office?'
'There is rumor from Seoul HQ that you already make a visit here.'
'So i think i should come. Its not a surprise anymore. The staffs are expecting me.'
'Please pretend we are not seeing each other last night.'
'Don't worry, my face never fail to hide it. You are the one i should worry. You get nervous and blushed easily. Like this morning.'
'Yah! Don't be like this. I should chase you out this morning.'
'Okay..okay. I'll be good. See you later love!'
' :-)'

Gary is really plays his role during the 'sudden' visit. He questioning a lot to the Director while go through their annual report. Meanwhile, Jihyo's team are busy with the production of their new application that is specially designed for China market. Both of them feeling frustrated as they cannot share the same meeting room for them to glance at each other. It is near 2pm before Gary stops the discussion. He is being invited for a lunch with the Director team which Gary accepted wholeheartedly.

He passes by Jihyo's team room and glances inside. He is watching the focus Jihyo from afar before been interrupted by the Director.
"They are preparing for our own product. Luckily your production team are helping. You got yourself a good engineer."
Gary nods his head as feeling proud to his woman. While watching them, Jihyo raises her head amd saw Gary in front of him. They signalling each other to meet for a while when people are not watching them. After able to excuse herself, Jihyo walks toward the restroom. She walks to the direction given by Gary just now.
"Jihyo ah, come here." A whisper from behind startled her but watching Gary hiding himself behind the door to the staircase cause her to laugh at his cuteness.
"Why you hiding here? Its more safe to meet outside." She whispers to him while still laughing.
"I miss you. You looks stress just now so i think you need me."
"Are you sure? Why you think so? I didn't say anything."
"But you love my kiss this morning. I can see it from your face."
"I love your kiss but i don't love you." She teases him.
"Okay, lets be clear about this. The kiss, is not just a kiss. I kiss you as i want to know your feeling. And i'm right. You had same feeling with me. Its first time i feel happy after the kiss. Don't you?"
"So how many kisses you had done with other woman? And are you using the same compliments words to them?" Jihyo asks him. Her heart twitches when reminding another woman with him.
"Jihyo ah, trust me. I never fall in love before. To be truth, if there are kisses with another woman before, it always because of lust, power and domineering. I never feel good like this before. Its feel right."
"Can i really trust you? I was heartbroken before and it is difficult for me to build my heart back to receive a new one. I'm afraid of being hurt."
"You don't know how deep is the love unless you treasure it yourself. We should give ourselves a try. Don't you think so?" Jihyo keep silent for a while. She looks at man in front of him. Although he is expresionless but she can see the truth in his eyes. They are staring at each other.
"Alright oppa.." She said slowly.
"Pardon? Oppa?" Gary seems shocked and kept asking the same question.
"I don't want to said it again. You should go for lunch with the director." Jihyo pushes him towards the door but. Gary quickly helds her firmly.
"So we are dating now? We are an item?" Jihyo nods her head shyly and blushed happily.
"Great! Its worth to fly here. I love you, Song Jihyo!"
"I love you, Gary oppa." They sealed their secret meeting and confession with deep and passionate kiss to each other.

Heechul offers himself to send Jihyo to her room as he did that last night. However, jihyo had another plan in mind. She had to meet Gary at lobby before they go to the room together. 
"Heechul, oh i forgot to buy something from the shop. You can leave me here." They already reaches the hotel lobby.
"Noona, you know where is the shop? I can show you."
"Nevermind, i can ask the staff. You must be tired. Just go and rest." Jihyo pushes him towards the elevator. Soon after Heechul lost from her sight, she texts Gary.
'Oppa, i'm alone here in the lobby. Come here, quickly.'
'Wait a while. I'm buying some snacks for us tonight.'

Jihyo hide herself behind the big pillar. After few minutes, she already bored and shifts herself to the nearby chair. That is when she meet Heechul again.
"Noona, why are you still here? I was right that you cannot find your way. I almost reaches my room when i realized you cannot speak Mandarin." 
"I forgot my purse.."
"Purse? You had your purse with you during dinner just now?"
"Oh! Yes..yes. It is here." While she trying to escape from Heechul, she saw Gary just came out from the taxi. Luckily, Heechul's back facing the main door. Jihyo's eyes widened as afraid of Heechul will see him.
"Since you are already here, come show me the shop!" Jihyo pulls his arm towards opposite entrance door. While talking to him, she signalling Gary to meet at her room. she sighes relieve as they able to escape the first encounter.

Jihyo watches as Gary dries his hair after the shower. His reflection from the mirror can't help her to lose the focus. Gary's laugh cause Jihyo to blush immediately as she been caught.
"Why you look so serious? Anything wrong?" Gary took a seat on the chair, facing her who sits on the couch. He slowly brings Jihyo's face to him but Jihyo quickly pushes him gently.
"I'm still feeling awkard in front of you. We..we just confessed less than 12 hours but we already share the same room. Are we too rushing?"
"Jihyo, i tell you already. We only share the same room but we are not sleep together. It will be really small chance for anything to happen tonight. You are sleeping inside, and i will sleep here. Unless you want me by your side, i'll go inside."
"You already had that in mind right? But sorry Mr Kang, outside office i am your boss. So you must listen to my decision and instruction." Jihyo pinches his nose to irrritate him more.
"Yes madam! Tomorrow i will be leaving you again. So can we have some of time tonight? I don't want to leave with empty memory." Jihyo agree to his suggestion. That night they spend chatting, hugging and kissing. Gary kept his words, he will never go further than that as he wants Jihyo to feel comfortable and secured with him.