Chapter 2

Woman who can't cry, Man who can't smile

Current time, Seoul

"Omma! I'm sorry. I am rushing this morning for the interview so i didn't have time for the breakfast with you guys." Jihyo is answering her mother's call while she is boarding on the taxi. Today is her 5th interview after she graduated. She is trying her luck to go for this job that been open by one big telecommunication company in Korea.
"Yah, Song Jihyo! How can you go to interview when you didn't take your breakfast?" Her mother starts to nag via the phone.
"I'm eating my bread just now. Don't worry omma, i'm not a kid anymore. Omma, i had reach the building. We meet again later. Bye.." She ended the call and rushing towards the entrance of the building after paying the bill for the taxi.

Meanwhile..
Gary get off from the taxi. He felt asleep at someone house last night and had to board a taxi to his house before came to his work. Due to exhaustion and remaining hangover from last night, he seem to lost his focus a bit. Few people greeting him on the way but been ignored by him. He only looking to one direction, the lobby counter where a lady waiting for him. The lady already trembled inside as looking to his gaze just like a tiger looking at its prey.
"Good morning Mr CEO! This is the list of people who applied for our job occupancy..."
"Why do i need to see this? And you only give to me this morning?" His voice become more stern.
"But Director Ha only give to me today, i would..."
"Enough. I don't give a damn about this people. Did my father come in?"
"No. He will be in headquarter for a week."
"Call the maid. I need to see my house in good condition this evening."
The lady nodded her head. It is normal for him to order her for everything all the time. Everyone who works with him had to suffer whenever he is having bad mood but to be truth, he never been happy at all.

Jihyo is walking and near sprinting towards the elevator when she bump into a man. The impact cause him to drop few papers on the floor. Jihyo heard a groan from the man but her eyes is focusing on the paper which drops on her feet.
'Application Form: KG Comm ' 
'So he is one of the candidate? My rival?' Jihyo looks at the man's face while grinning mischieviously. His gaze is focusing on her face.
"I'm sorry, but are you one of the candidate?" Asks Jihyo confidently.
The man who hesitate at first then nodded his head.
"Song Jihyo. I hope i am not disappointing you much but we already have the occupant. Just now i'm rushing because we need to close the interview earlier." The man just watching her face, no expression been made and Jihyo keep pushing the man to go back.
"Okay. Thank you for informing." That is the only words he said before he left the building. Jihyo smiles widely due to her achievement. 
"Now its showtime..." She walks to the elevator happily.

Ha Donghoon is analyzing few resumes in his hand. His team is needed for an occupancy as one of his team member been fired by their CEO. While go through the papers, the door was wide open and a man is standing at the door. Donghoon quickly stand up and bow to the man. 
"CEO Gary!" Gary walks slowly to the couch and signals Donghoon to join him.
"What is the formality early in the morning? Father is not here and this is my company. Haha yah, can you serve me a coffee?" Gary talks in his monotonous voice but only his best friend can sense a happiness in it.
"Hyung, what happened last night? Been dumped again?" Suddenly the atmosphere changes, more lively.
"Its not me been dumped, its her. I left her this morning and then only i noticed that i left my car at the club. Did Seonju take care of it?"
"Don't worry, this your loyal friend had take care of it. So what's up? What can i help you today?"
"Oh back to the business. I only able to get the list of candidate this morning at the lobby. Did the interview goes well?"
"They just finishes taking the test. Later, we will call the candidate for second stage. About the form, i'm sorry about the delay as we only open the job interview last week and today we had to select from 35 candidates. But why are you asking all this?" it was weird for Haha when Gary wants to know about the interview. Usually he did not care about his new staff because they do not directly deal with him as he only talks to his managing director each team.
"I need your favor.." Then he talks about his plan. The confused Haha just nodded his head before make a call while Gary watching him.

Jihyo takes her seat after made a bow to each interviewer. The nervous killing her slowly inside until she cannot feel her own hands. While presenting her paper to them, a knock on the door stopped them abruptly. A young tall man enters the room and whispering something to the interviewer. After few seconds of discussion between them, the young man left the room.
"Song Jihyo ssi..we have to stop your interview here."
"But..i still had some time to present the rest. You cannot stop here."
"I'm sorry but our CEO had decide.." 
"You already find the occupant?"
"We will let you know within this week." The rest of the words just a mumbling to her ears. Luckily she cannot cry, otherwise it will be worse. She slowly made her step towards the door.

Jihyo sits on a bench near the building. She cannot go home now as it still early for her and she afraid to watch her parents' face.
"Why am i so unlucky?" She kept mumbling while watching her own shadow on the road. Sensing there is someone behind her back, she looks to the direction. To her surprise, the man who bumped into her this morning is standing close to her.
"Why are you here? Are you supposed to be in your office now?" Ask the man.
"Yah..you! Aishh..." Jihyo sighed and continue watching her shadow. The man took a seat beside her.
"Do you believe in karma?" After few minutes, Jihyo started to talk. The man looks up to her.
"i'm really sorry. I lied to you, i am also one of the candidate." The man widened his eyes upon hearing that.
"You can scold me or curse me or anything but i just want you to know, in the end i am also failed the interview. I guess because i lie to you this morning."
"Its okay. Maybe its not my luck also. But did they already revealed the result? Its too early, not even lunchtime!"
"They stopped me halfway during presentation. Seem their CEO found the occupant. How cruel is it? The occupant just freely got the job without enduring the hardwork like us!"
"You think the occupant got job easily? It still can be one of the candidate."
"I don't know. It just my gut feeling said it. Anyway, i need to go somewhere. Nice to meet you."
"Nice to meet you too. Hope we can see each other again. And don't cry for your failure today."
"Don't worry. I never cry.." Said Jihyo before left the bench.
'Never cry huh? We will see..' The man talks to himself then turns and left to the building.

Kwangsoo looks inside the cafe and he smiles when he see the lady inside. Due to his long legs, he able to reach the seat in no time.
"Noona, so how is the interview?"
"I'm sorry but i had to disappoint omma and appa again."
"Really? What did they say?"
"They didn't say anything and that is the worse. They stopped me halfway.." Jihyo started to tell his brother about her interview today.
"Woah! That's really mean for him. And you also! How could you did that to the man?But the man you talk about, is he okay? Are you sure he didn't planned on something?"
"What do you mean? He didn't look harmful to me and we didn't properly greet each other."
"Noona, i think you should try another job field. Seoul is competitive city, you can find at every street there is people with degree. You must think of other option. Don't ever give up. We never lost hope on you."
"Thank you Kwangsoo ah.."

Gary took a resume on his table. He reads the contents inside.
"Song..Ji..Hyo.. Welcome to KG Comm.."