Chapter 5

Woman who can't cry, Man who can't smile

Haha glances at Mrs Park after hearing the presentation from Jihyo. It was a close meeting between him and Jihyo's unit. Slowly, he smiles widely before claps his hand loudly.
"Oh Song Jihyo ah! I love this! I really love this. What do you think Mrs park?" Haha cannot hide his excitement.
"You are really amazing, young lady. Its been a while we doing this and i am already excited about this."
"But..we still had a problem ahead. The CEO.." Haha slowly sits back on his seat.
"I think we must trust ourselves and do the best." Jihyo speaks her own opinion.
"Lets do this!" Haha then instructs and divides the works among them.

Jihyo has to go home late that day. When she is really focuses and had much work to do, she will loss contact with time. She is walking to the nearby busstop when she heard a honk from a car behind. Sensing that she blocking its way, she moves a bit to the roadside. She turns to the side when noticed that the car drives slowly next to her.
"Going home?" The owner of the white Bentley asks her. Jihyo widened her eyes when she noticed the person's face.
"Ye..yes.." She stutters as she can't help to blame herself since the incident few days ago.
"Ok then. Have a safe journey!" With then the driver speed towards the main road.
"Aishh! That brat! Yah! You think you are cool with that style?! Cold headed man.." Jihyo screams out of her lungs to the car. She almost picks up her heel to throw at it. Its not like she is hoping to get a lift but she is ashamed of herself to act it that way.
Meanwhile, Gary drives the car and watches the screaming Jihyo from his rear mirror. He cannot help but to laugh at it.
"Sometimes by hurting and disappointing you can give me a boost of energy. Hahaha.." 

After 2 weeks of struggling, today is the day. Director Ha's team is already in the conference room for the presentation. Jihyo bites her lipsfrequently as she is nervous itself. Since last night, she is unable to get a proper sleep due to remembering the fate that she will be having after this. Will she be working here anymore? Will she been promoted? Or will she been humiliated again by her CEO? Thinking about that coldhearted boss, her stomach starts to churn slowly as been absorbed to the ground. Her eyes glances to the door once its open and reveals the man with his arrogant and cold face.
"Ha Donghoon, i hope this time you are not disappointing me." Gary said as he sits on his chair facing the team members. His assistant and secretary following him to sit by his side.
"I am giving the high hope for this project. Now we will proceed to the presentation." Haha then signals Jihyo to take over. Jihyo stood up and walks to the centre. The room is getting dark to make easier for the show.
"Good morning. I am Song Jihyo from Director Ha team. Today i will..." 
"Gosh! Just stop with the introduction. I don't have much time for that. Miss, can we proceed to the project straight away." Gary seems annoyed even before the pesentation starts, he turns his head from the screen while pretending to massage his head. His other hand signaling to continue the talk.
"Following our team theme for current project which is "intelligent Communication", we had come with an idea of an application in our android system. Its been called E-Mongji." Seojun who sits next to Gary seem interested with the name but not for his boss yet.
"Can you imagine how the communication can goes wrong when you cannot express it in the better way? Did you know that in communication,facial expression contibutes to more than 70% of its successful? " Gary slowly raised his head towards the screen. The introductory words really catches his ears.
"We had seen couples, parents with child, among friends communicate via video call, but it will be frustrated for other party, if they unable to express it well. Body language and facial expression its the keyword." Jihyo then shows to the audience in the room, the video to promote the application. 
The video shows how a couple uses this application to confess themselves. A guy who didn't know how to express his feeling to the lady as he worried about his appearance. A lady who never experience her first love and she is very slow with the hint that a guy tries to give. Maybe due to lack of emotion inside but the lady seem to feel nothing about them. Then this guy uses this application to confess his feeling. He can select the emotion he want to set in, then he can also sets the background music. To help with his stutters speech, he can enters the text message inside. While video calling this lady, all of this element will be included like a precorded message. The lady can clearly watches his 'made up' expression by the application, and starts to tearing. She then accepted the proposal.
Soon after the video ended, everyone give a big applause but it only ended for few seconds once the light turns on. All eyes focus to the man at the middle. His eyes still focus to the screen. Slowly he nods his head and gives an applause follows by other members also.
"I just had a question here, why you name it E Mongji?" Asks Gary 
"Because we had 'emoji' as named after the cartoon emoticon in the text. So, we are using this name as it commonly heard before." Jihyo answers confindently.
"Good job, Ha Donghoon. i bet you had to treat your team tonight." Haha smiles widely when he shakes hand with Gary. Jihyo smiles proudly when Haha shows both his thumbs up while smiling happily. 

"Jihyo ah, i never thought our still video will be as touching as that. Oh! I love this.." Yoona smiles happily when she visit Jihyo's desk that afternoon.
"At least all of us can breathe again. Oh you don't have any ideahow nervous am i this morning."
"I can see it. And for your information, that is the longest word of compliment i heard from our CEO. You really gives him the good mood."
"Hahaha..i bet it because his closeness to our director. By the way, where is Min Ah? I didn't see her after the meeting?"
"I don't know. I think she is dating someone recently."
"Really? No wonder she always refuses to have supper with us. Who is the guy?" They whisper each other as not to cause attention from others.
"Hmmm..Min Ah is a workaholic girl. I don't think she had a time to meet with people outside this office."
"Omo! Is she dating with people from KG Comm also?"
"Shhh! You will cause problem to her. We should ask her later. Don't make any assumption yet."
Jihyo just nodded her head while close tightly.

Haha still watching his friend's face for past few minutes they had been here. They are spending their time at company's private lounge. Gary seem to have a deep though in his mind but Haha just let him to tell by himself.
"Is Song Jihyo ssi that good?" Gary broke the silence with his words.
"Why you always doubt on her? Is something happened that i miss it?"
"I think she will cause problem in future. Its my instinct."
"Can you just let her go? She is not like what you are thinking. She is really good. Eventhough she just been here in 3 months but i can see she had no problem to deal with the people surrounding. She can help me during our outlet and factory visit."
Gary continue to sip the drinks from his glass slowly, occasionally he will join some of his partner who is playing pool that been prepared in there. Since the meeting this morning, he can't help but thinking about Jihyo. When he heard from Haha that the idea of the project mainly from Jihyo itself, he can sense something might be triggered it. Is it her way to tell him about how frustrated is it for being expressionless? Why he think that Jihyo had understand his suffering all this time? Are they really that close to read each other mind? When he is thinking to torture Jihyo's mind during her 3 months trial, Jihyo on the other hand struggling to give her own best to prove herself. Gary is hesitated with his initial plan. Should he just follow with Haha? Give Jihyo another chance?

The team are currently busy with the launching of their new product. Jihyo had to make frequent visit to IT department to ensure the compatibility of the software application as she had been appointed as project manager for this. On that particular day which is 2 days before the launching, Jihyo had a meeting with IT team and marketing team. Seem everything goes smoothly before they congatulate on each other hardwork. As Jihyo was about to push the button for the elevator, the door of it is open and she was shocked to see Gary is inside, alone. Both of them didn't make any move or sound before Gary breaks the awkard, "Do you want to take this or not?"
"I'm going down by the way.."
"Well, i need to have a talk with you. Come with me." Gary pulls Jihyo's hand inside. Luckily, no one outside the elevator to watch it. The elevator slowly rise to the top floor. Jihyo just keep silent all the time, occasionally her eyesglanced at the man in front of her. Her heartbeats can be heard loud as she is worrying inside what Gary might do to her.
"Its not you never been here.." Gary said once the elevator open. Jihyo slowly following him behind. She can see his secretary and assistant at the counter, bow at him while giving a question look at Jihyo but she just ignored it and keep her head down all the way.
"Have a seat. You drink coffee?" This side of Gary really make her more scared but she had to endure with it.
"Its okay, Mr. Kang." jihyo'e eyes still stuck on the floor. She started to count the thread on the carpet to hide her nervousness. She do not realize that Gary had been looking at her all that time. As noticing the silent, Jihyo slowly raise her head. Gary quickly cough slightly as he had been caught.
"I'm sorry if i cause you the awkardness and all the nervousness while you are working here. You know i meant it when i said that i don't like a liar. And that is what i see you on the first day i saw you. A liar tends to do more evil things afterwards. I don't want this in my company. This is my hardwork."
"I..i also want to apologize. I didn't mean to lie to you on that day. It just i was really hoping for this job, you know i had to go for few interview before and failed. And i know, i feel really wrong towards you again and again. Everytime i saw your face, its like i'm facing a death. If you really didn't like me then, why don't you just fired me instead ? Or give that chance to other candidate?"
"Because i want to teach you, the reality of life. The cruelty in working field. You need to learn in hard way. I want you to suffer initially as i want to see you give up by yourself. But now you show me the other side of you. I think i can trust you now."
"Thank you. I hope after this conversation we can work in more comfortable way. I will try my best for this company and my team."
"Let just keep the positive thing in mind and i am not that coldhearted boss."
"Sorry again Mr Kang. I take my leave now. Thank you for trusting me."
"Jihyo..can i call you that?" Gary asks when Jihyo just about to reach the door knob.
"What? Err..i guess we just keep the formality in the office."
"So then, can i call you afterwork? I mean phone call?"
"Outside this building, we are friend. Then, its okay." Jihyo smiles at him before left the room. Gary taps his fingers on the desk while humming a victory song of his own.

*Author's note: sorry if there are any confusion in this chapter. I'm not someone from IT or anything that related to Comm Engineering. Its totally new things to me to create this kind of job. Just bear with my imagination. Thanks for continue reading this ff.