Chapter 20

Woman who can't cry, Man who can't smile

Jihyo is looking over the standing mirrorin front of her. She and Gary are fitting for their wedding dress at one of famous international designer place. She can hears Daemin's voice chuckling outside of the room when playing around with Gary. After make sure herself is ready, Jihyo pullsthe curtain aside. All eyesin the room focus to her. Gary totally mesmerized by her beauty all over again.
"You looks beautiful, honey." Gary holds Jihyo closer. His eyes never leave her. They stay in that position for few minutes. Jihyo's smile make Gary in his cloud nine.
"Appa..Omma.. Why you wear like this?" Daemin's voice woke them up. Gary carries him in his arm. 
"Is omma pretty today?" Gary asks his son. 
"Yes!" Daemin answers it loudly in a split of seconds.
"Is appa charming today?" Gary asks again but this time Daemin watches his face and hesitate for a while. 
"Yah! Just answer me.." Gary tickles his body and that invites a burst of laugh from that kid. Jihyo smiles and laughs together. She feels complete with this family.
"Okay, Jihyo ssi. I think that dress really suits you well. That is the most expensive design i had ever done. Thanks to your mr husband for that." The designer approaches them and continue to praise the couple.
"Now, lets have the photoshoot!" 

While changing to her normal clothes, Jihyo's phone ringing. Its from unknown number. Worried that might be a call from her client, she picks it up.
"Hello, Song Jihyo ssi here."
 It was a silent for few seconds and Jihyo was about to end the call when the caller speaks
"Hello miss Song. Shin Yin here."
"How did you get my number?"
"I'm sorry for being rude but i'm worried you will bring my Daemin elsewhere. I get your numberr from the school."
"I told you i need to discuss with my fiancee."
"Oh about that,i heard from the school teacher. You are getting married this weekend right? Congratulations!"
"Please..don't talk like we are close. We need to meet up. I had something for you."

Gary is sending both Jihyo and Daemin to meet the woman. He is worried about them but Jihyo assured him that she trusts Shin Yin.
"Remember, give me a call. I just be here. In the car."
"Don't worry oppa. I willbe back in an hour. " Gary watches as Jihyo and Daemin climbs the stairs into the restaurant. He wants to follow Jihyo initially but she stops him as she is afraid that Gary will be harsh on Shin Yin.

"Omma, why she is here?" Daemin pulls Jihyo's clothes a bit. He clings to Jihyo as he slowly follow Jihyo towards Shin Yin.
"Daemin ah!" Shin Yin stood up while trying to hug Daemin but he hides behind Jihyo. He is shivering.
"Why? This is Shin Yin imo. Remember? I bought you toys at school that day."
"I'msorry. But he is bit afraid now. Can wehave a sit and talk first?" Jihyo asks politely. She is strugglingto put Daemin to sit.
"Why he is like this? What have you said to him?"
"We don't said anything...its just he is afraid of strangers."
"No..he is not like that before. Must be something wrong. Daemin ah, are you afraid of me?" Shin Yin tries to hold his hand but Daemin pulls it back, hard. He started to cry.
"Go away!" He shouts at Shin Yin. She is taken aback. Jihyo knows as a mother it must be hurt to hear your son talking to you that way. Jihyo hugs Daemin closely to console him.
"I'm sorry. We let him cool down first." Shin Yin starts to tear up but she holds back her tears. She nods weakly.
"This is what been proposed by me and my fiance. I hope you can read and sign on that."
"What is this? You want me to drop the custody of Daemin? You think is that easy?"
"We will let you have a day with him but you can't take him away from us."
"i know its hard for you when i left him. But i had no choice, i had to continue study and live on my own in other for me to care for him. Now i'm back and i hope we can live together."
"But few years is enough for us to bond like a family. We are getting married and we can give him a better and proper life as a family. When it is the time, i will tell him the truth. We promised you, we will not deny your visit to him." Shin Yin is thinking hard. She just staring at the paper in front of her. She tooks the paper and read it properly.
"If only i not left him that day..." Shin Yin mumbles but still can be heard by Jihyo.
"We will still in contact. This is the only way if you want to see him again." Jihyo holds Shin Yin's hand. Shin Yin bursts into tears. She is sobbing hard while looking at blank Daemin. He innocently lean his head on Jihyo's lap.

"How is it?" Gary asks soon after he place Daemin at babyseat behind.
"She not yet sign it but she will meet us again after the wedding. Probably we will go outing together."
"That should be after our honeymoon right?" Gary raised his eyebrow.
"Naughty boy!" Jihyo pinches his nose playfully while Gary groan in pain. They tease each other in the car before Gary drove out from the parking. Their action had been watch by someone. She is standing and not moving for few minutes. Her memory tries to regain the face of someone.

Kwangsoo watches as Daemin slept on his lap. He looks over at his sister who is busy with their mother with the preparation of the wedding. Two more days before the wedding and Jihyo as a bride to be have this feeling of nervous and happy in same time. But since few days ago, she started to feel uneasy. She never leave her phone from her side. Since they are getting married,both parents advised them to stay separately for time being. Jihyo went back to her parents and Gary had been force to stay in the mansion.
"Why your face like that? Are you really worried" kwangsoo asks his noona.
"I don't know. I just feel uneasy..i had to repeatedly check my works and phone."
"You miss Gary hyung? Aihhhh..."  Kwangsoo . 
"Its not that monkey.."
The phone is blinking. Jihyo reads the text send by someone.
'Can we meet? I wait for you at park nearby.' ShinYin
"Kwangsoo ah, i meet my friend at park downstair."

Jihyo tries to find ShinYin. There is empty and silent at the playground site. She was about to call her when a young boy approaches her.
"Noona, there is a letter for you."
"Me?"
"Yeah. A woman pass it to me. She is sitting there just now." He points at an empty spot 
"Thank you."
The wedding day
"Gary ah, i never been this happy to see you will be having your own family." Mr Kang talks to his son while they are waiting in the room.
"I hope i will be happy forever. Live with the one i love."
"I'm sorry about the past. I should hear your opinion. If you have your son later, don't be like me."
He pats on Gary's shoulder as to end his advise.
"Why are they so late? People are waiting in the hall." Mrs Kang enters the room and make a noise. Hary tooks his phone and make a call. But Jihyo not picking up. Few minutes later, Kwangsoo call him.
"Hyung, there is problem here!"
"What..what is it?"
"Noona..she ran away! And Daemin is not here also.."
"What?!" Gary rushes out from the room. He drives like crazy to Mr Song's house.

"What happened?" Gary asks Kwangsoo soon after he opens the door.
"We are on the way to the hall. Noona and Daemin went with the driver to designer place but later the driver told me both of them not coming back to the car."
"Are they being kidnapped?" asks Mrs Song.
"But..noona seem different since two days ago. She is tearing up. Did something happened between you guys?" 
"No. She didn't tell me anything." Gary rubs his neck while sighing loudly. A sound of incoming text wakes him.
'Oppa, come to our house.' Jihyo

Daemin's cry relieves his worries. He runs to living room but to his shock it is not Jihyo who is carrying him but another woman. she is also a bit shock to see Gary.
"Who are you? How you can get here?" Gary is ready to attack if the person in front of him will harm them.
"I'm Shin Yin. Daemin's omma. Jihyo ssi...she asks me to stay here."
"Where is she?" Gary looks around the house anxiously.
"She left. She asks me to give this to you." Shin Yin gives him a letter.

Gary oppa,
I'm sorry for running away on our wedding day but you have to know, i'm doing this for your own good. For Daemin's best. It is the best thing ever happened in my life to love you and to be part of your life but i can't built a life together with you on other woman's pain. 
Its only 2 days before our day i know the truth. You are Daemin's real father. Its really hurt me to know the fact. But i know its happened before we meet. Before we agree for a relationship. I don't hate you but i can't accept the fact that i came in between both of you. Daemin need his appa and now he has his real omma. Treat her well like you treat the mother of your child. Remember you always told me that you won't be like your father? Abandoned his wife and son? Prove to me that you are different. Get a new life and be happy, love.

Jihyo

"No!!" Gary shouts out his lungs. He stares at Shin Yin and pushed her onthe couch.
"It is a lie right? You been sending by someone to ruin my wedding, right?!"
"No..Gary ssi. Its me. I still remember that day.." Shin Yin is shivering while Daemin's cry is getting loud.

Flashback
Gary is drinking hard. He is stress with what happened at his father house. He felt like been pushed repeatedly into something that he didn't prefer to. He lost count the number of glass he had been drinking. It was then his eyes looking at lonely girl sitting beside him at the bar.
"Alone?" Asks Gary. He really tipsy that time. His mind is cloudy, his sight is blurry. Shin Yin is new to that place. She is been left by her friends who enjoying their time there. She never drinks before but that night, she been force to drink by Gary. After a while, they became wild. Both of them loss of sense from reality. That brought them to unknown place. With Gary's mind full of  his one sided love to Jihyo, he spent passionate night with this unknown lady. When daytime approaches, Gary quickly left the place. While the girl spends most of her life crying and regretting.

End of flashback

Gary hold his head and massage it lightly when hearing the story. He sits on the floor weakly while Daemin approaches him and clings to him.
"Omma..." His teary eyes watches as Gary shakes his head slowly.