Chapter 21

Woman who can't cry, Man who can't smile

*sorry i edit a bit in a contract part as the words lost during copy n pasting. Enjoy reading!

 

 

Its been a week since Jihyo left him. On the day itself, Gary tried to find her but it seems that she already planned everything. She left without a trail of clue. She shuts her phone off included all of her family members. They left the house..in a rush. News broadcasted for three days covering about the cancelled marriage of Kang Gary to his fiance. Many rumors start to spread up and it became crazy at KG Comm. with the presence of new lady found to have frequent visits to Kang mansion, made the rumors still ongoing. But Gary still didn't came out from his room since that day. He totally detached from outside life. Occasionally he will ask his manager about Daemin but he will avoid any contacts with him. He loss his hope in life, his weight reducing. Even Haha didn't dare to disturb him.

Mr Kang visits his son again. He dismissed his man from escorting him to Gary's room. He wants to keep it private.
"Son, i'm here. Its been a week. People need to know the truth." Its only silent from the other side of the door.
"I know you can hear me. I am bringing Daemin to hospital today. We will do a test on him so we know if that lady tells the truth." 
A rustling sound can be heard soon after that Gary opens the door, with a mess of his face and frowning in anger.
"Don't touch him. Stay away from my problem!"
"There you are.. Its the only way to sort this problem. Daemin can be not your..."
"HE IS MINE! Even without test, i know he is mine. That is the fact that i can't escape."
"But i need a confirmation for that. If the test is negative, wejust get rid of that woman."
"If its positive?"
"You need to get marry with her. Stop the rumors." Gary clenched his fist tightly before he slammed the door harshly.
'I'm not getting married with anyone except Song Jihyo!"

He reads the text from his father blankly. He knew this thing will happen. Its like his dream all capsized down, crushed in a second.
The result is out (image of the test result)
Your wedding date had been set

Gary throw his phone towards the wall before scream out of his lungs. He hate himself for this

CEO KG Comm getting married to a single mother. According to Kang Gary it is love on first sight and he had good relationship with her son. The rumors of cancelled marriage with his fiancee is due to Mr Kang Gary himself who opposed to his family's arrangement and choose his own future wife and family.
Jihyo who watching the news from internet sheds her tears. She can't accept that she is willing to leave the small family she had before after knowing the truth about Daemin whereabout. Although it hurts Gary but she wants to help him to choose to be responsible for his fault before. She can't be with him and need to sacrifice. She is hoping to have new life in this new country. She will tries to forget everything.
"Noona, you still watching that news? " kwangsoo's presence startled her. She quickly changes to other channel.
"Can't you forget him? Remember, he had his own family now. You had to move on. Beside Mr Kang..."
"Kwangsoo ah, can you stop the nagging. I want to rest for a while."
Kwangsoo nods his head, he moves to Jihyo and hugs her.
"We are here for you. It just another bump in your life. You will recover soon."
Jihyo shuts her eyes tightly, tries to find the comfort in his hug.
While in her sleep, Jihyo recalls the memory of brought her to this country.

Flashback
Mr Song was taken aback when hearing the explanation from Jihyo, same goes to his other family members. jihyo had planned for them to go to their hometown. They need to move out from this house before Kang people come and looking for them. Although he still disagree with Jihyo's decision but he knew Jihyo had her best in minds. It will beheartbroken for Jihyo if they stay here after knowing the fact about Gary.

While on the way to their hometown, a group of black cars stops their way. Mr Song came out from the car when he saw a man slowly approaches him
"Mr Song.."
"Mr Kang! I..i.." Mr song bows to him while signalling his family members to come out from the car.
"It is sad that we can't be a family. Gary...its in his bad condition now. I'm sorry." He tries to kneel down before been stop by Jihyo.
"Stop it. Stop it Mr Kang. Its not your fault. I am the one who ran away from this."
"Jihyo...please. Can you come back? Help Gary. I don't want to lose him."
"He will be alright. Its about time. It will not be the same as before if we be together."
"But...he needs you."
"I'm sorry Mr Kang but i can't force myself."
"You already forget him?" Jihyo stunned a bit. She didn't forget that man....yet.

"Song Jihyo, at least let me do a favor for you and your family. I can't help but to accuse myself for what happened. Maybe this is the last i can do for you."
Jihyo watches the man in front of him.
"I will give you a place to hide and works. Suitable for your career and your brother. If you realy want to leave him and forget about him, i can help you. I only made this decision after you decided to leave us. If you really want to leave us, do properly. Don't come back again."
"What?" Jihyo frowned as hearing the last words.
"I'm sorry but i just followed your decision. It will help both of you to forget each other. I will help Gary to decide."
"Its a bit rude to chase me like that but its true, i don't need to be here anymore. If he able to find me, the things will be complicated again."
"You know about his story at Boston right? How he get sick?" Jihyo nods her head.
"He hates Boston as much as he hates his mother to left him. I had a company there and he never know that i never sold my share there."
"So you means, we.."
"Yes. I will send you and family to Boston."

End of flashback.

Gary walks to the dining room. Today is his first day of work after his wedding day. Its not they going for honeymoon but it just few days of rest for him before he face the world of reality. Talking about his marriage life, he never accept Shin Yin as his truly wife. They live at separate room and never talk and communicate to each other. Only a scold and argument will be present when only both of them were there. They tried not to talk bad in front of Daemin who still sulking and tantrum as his request to see Jihyo not been emtertained.
The loud wail from Daemin seems like a routine for Gary's ear. Soon after he see Gary at the room, he runs towards him. 
"Appa..i don't want to eat." Tears still can be seen at his eyes.
"Daemin ah, be a good boy. You must listen to your mother." Gary caresses his hair while escorting him to the table.
"What you give him for breakfast?" He asks Shin Yin who is standing at the opposite side. 
"Cereals. Kids love cereals and its good for his body."
Gary pushes the bowl of cereal aside. He stares at Shin Yin.
"You really can't be his omma. It almost 2 weeks but you still don't know what he loves and what he dislikes." Gary shakes his head while sighing loudly.
"Give me sometimes. Its not that easy to feed him."
"Feed him? You think he is a pet? You think i just worry on what you will feed him? My son? You need to learn from now how to be a good mother, not just happy going around this house, proudly said that you are the one who gave birth to him! Show him what a mother should be!" Gary raised his voice unable to control his anger anymore.
"Listen here. If i had to sacrifice my life to be your husband for a period of time, you need to do so to Daemin. At least do your best during this time." He whispers to her ears before he took back his seat next to Daemin. shin Yin cries silently. She always been humiliated by Gary since the day she steps into this mansion. She knew he wants her to give up.
"Daemin ah, appa cannot eat breakfast with you. But this evening we will go to play together, okay? So you want your usual toast? " Daemin nods his head happily.
"Madam Lee, can you make strawberry toast for this young man? And asks the driver to send himto school today." Gary purposely avoiding any help fromShin Yin. To him, only Jihyo is the best mother to handle his son well.
After Gary left, Daemin starts to eat his toast. Shin Yin watches him before Daemin stops eating.
"Why Daemin? Why you stops? There is still some left.." Asks Shin Yin.
"Its not same! Its not same with what omma did." Shin Yin tries to hold her patience.
"Okay so what you want now?"
"I want chocolate milk!"
"But it will be too sweet for you . How about juice?"
"No! Usually omma will give me chocolate milk." Daemin starts to wail again.
"Omma! Omma! Why you always ask for her? Daemin,i am your omma! I'm the one who gave birth to you. From now on, i am your omma!" Shin Yin raise hervoice which cause Daemin stops crying but he is sobbing and stares with his fright look. 
"Shin Yin are you okay?" Mrs Kang who just entering the room approaching her. She pats her shoulder to comfort her.
"I'm sorry for my behaviour. I just stressed out.."
"Its okay. You can talk to me. Madam Lee brings Daemin out. He is ready for school."

They took seat next to each other at Mrs Kang reading room.
"You know i am not Gary's real mother right?" 
Shin Yin nods her head. She heard that from Mr Kang itself.
"Its difficult to control a son. Daemin had Gary's blood. He is rebellious and i can see that. You should learn how to control both of them."
"Control? I don't want to be an upper hand in this marriage..beside we.."
"Are you sure you able to leave all this behind? Don't you feel that you should be the one in that family picture?" Mrs Kang remind her about the pre wedding shoot picture that she found at Gary's room before.
"He is making you to give up on your own. And left this family. Left Daemin. Your son. Later, he will go back to that woman. You know what you get? Nothing.." 
"What should i do then?"
"You have me, don't worry. If you listen to me, you can get what you want. Not only Daemin but Gary and all of this." Mrs Kang proudly said to her. Shin Yin smirks happily while dreaming what she will achieve in future.

The contract of marriage
Gary kept the contract inside his drawer of his office. He had make angreement with Shin Yin about their marriage. they agree to hold their marriage for 3 years and the custody of Daemin will be decide later which is likely will follow on Daemin's decision. And within this year of marriage, they will keep from any close contact or any intimate relationship like a normal marriage couple. They are forbidden to interrupt if any of them are into another relationship. they need to equally divide their responsibility towards Daemin in which Gary had to give equal number of time spend between them and Daemin. If any of them breach the contract, the marriage will be cancelled with the power of authority and will be deny for custody and inherintance.

Gary looks deep into the view from his office. Memory of Jihyo still lingers in his mind. His man still unable to tracks her down
"The reality is hurts but for you, i will be a better person."