Chapter 15

Woman who can't cry, Man who can't smile

* hi readers, sorryfor late update. I'm having thought block currently as i want to create a beautiful storyline but seem it fails again and again. Bear with me as this the most that i can think of. Please leave a comment for improvement.

 

 


Jihyo watches Gary from far. She loves to see his man or his ex man to be exact, speaks confidently to all KG staff. His words never been questioned as they had been hooked once he spoke. His charismatic at work really make her fall in love with him again but after reminding herself what issue they have been go through past 2 months, she quickly focused back at her work. After the long meeting between all team, they dismissed to their respective office. Jihyo was about to exit the room when she heard someone calling her from behind.
"Oh, President Kim." Jihyo bows to him. Her eyes caught two men who is watching them from afar, Gary and Haha.
"Can you come to my room? I had something to ask you..privately.." He sounds like giving an order. Soon after he tells her, he left the room, leaving Jihyo who is now facing Gary.
"I hope you not be close with him.." Gary said before he left her dumbfounded.

"Come in.." Jihyo opens the door soon after she heard the voice of the man from inside the room.
"Song Jihyo ssi, please have a seat." Tae Oh stood up while gesturing Jihyo to sit on the couch nearby. They sat at each end of the couch.
"Why do you want to see me?" Jihyo breaks the silence as she noticed Tae Oh kept looking at her. She tries to avoid his gaze.
"Oh, here.." He struggling to take out something from his back seat. 
"Wh..what is this for?" Jihyo's eyes widened as she looks at the gift. It was a basket full with baby's product.
"I heard from the staff, you are raising an abandoned child. It was really good of you. And as your boss, i am honoured to have an employee with such a good heart. I hope you can give me the opportunity to share the blessing for the child by giving such a small token like this."
"Thank you. Thank you so much. It is such an honor to receive a gift from you.i hope i didn't make such a bad gossip among the staff."
"No..no. Most of them praised you. With current economy status now, it is difficult to raise a child. I hope you will always be happy with the child."
"Thanks again. I will not forget your kindness." Jihyo smiles to him as an appreciation. Deep inside her heart, she is hoping Gary will be like him.

"Noona, what time you coming home? Or should i take from Daemin there?" Jihyo blinks her eyes few times before she quickly sits up from her sleep. It was then she realized she is on phone with his brother and she only left 2 hours before her flight to HongKong. 
"Kwangsoo ah, thanks God you calling me. I just woke up!" Jihyo whispers as she don't want to wake Daemin from his sleep. It is only 5 am in the morning.
"What?! You told me your flight is in early morning. I will come then. Just pack up your things!" Soon after that,  jihyo rushes inside her apartment, getting ready to leave the house. 
An hour later, Jihyo already waits for his brother at the lobby. The eyes bag still clearly on her face. She looks miserable as Daemin starts to cry for his milk. While looking for his bottle milk at the nursery bag, a hand helping her to take it out. Jihyo looks at the owner of the hand.
"Oppa?" 
"Your flight is scheduled an hour from now. How can you get on time on board if you still here?" Gary nags at her. He is not making any eye contacts with her as he is busy checking on her luggage and picks up the nursery bag from her.
"Why are you still wearing yesterday's clothes? Did you come home last night?" She touches Gary's arm as to stop him from avoiding him.
"There is no home for me when we break up.." He tells her when their eyes meet. It is pitiful and sadness shown from his eyes. 
"Come. I will send you to airport."
"But..."
"I'm not that cruel to left him here. Bring him also, we will settle you first." Gary sense that Jihyo is worried about Daemin at that time so he just let her.
During the journey, they didn't talk much. Daemin is quiet all the time and staring at the man who he never seen before. With his age, he able to recognized stranger to him. Gary occasionally glanced at the child as noticing he had been stared. He can't help to watch the innocence face of the child. There is sudden feeling in his heart that caused by the stares. He feel calm all of the sudden.
"We are here. Oppa, i will call Kwangsoo to meet you here. He will take Daemin with him. Thank you.."
"Jihyo..wait." He grabs Jihyo's arm back into the car.
"Just left him here. You can just go inside. I bet Donghoon is waiting for you."
"Daemin? You want to me to left him here?"
"Since when you doubting me? I am not going to do anything with him. I will call Kwangsooby myself. Just go!"
After hesitating, she left Daemin inside the car. As they didn't have any baby seat inside, Gary had to pick him up. To Jihyo's surprise,  Daemin didn't cry. After adjusting the baby carrier on Gary's, Jihyo left a kiss on Daemin's head before she rushes inside. Gary watches as she left them.
"You are lucky man! At least you got a kiss..aishh! What am i doing now?" Once Jihyo lost from his vision, Gary then realized what he is doing. He is looking at Daemin who is happily playing with his toy.

"Hyung! Gary Hyung!" Kwangsoo stormed inside the house. He is panicking as he got message from Jihyo that Gary had Daemin. He can't help but thinking something bad will happened to the baby. But he still trusts his hyung will never done that whatever he imagine of. 
"Oh Kwangsoo ah, keep low your voice. The baby is sleeping." Gary comes out from one of the room. He looks tired and keep massaging his shoulder.
"Is he okay? Did he cause any difficulty to you?"
"I never take care of a baby and yes...that baby is only cause burden to me. I don't know why i willingly took him back here."
"I'm sorry hyung. Noona should not neglected you. I will get him to our parents while noona is away." Kwangsoo bows to Gary before he make his way to the room. Gary watches the man as he enters the room. He gives a big sigh. He tries to be a new Gary for his woman, the one who is not a cold hearted person. He didn't mind to change for his love if its really worth for it. He wants Jihyo to see his endurance and hard work to change. He wants them to be together.
Meanwhile Kwangsoo walks slowly inside the room. He is slowing his movement as he reaching the bed. To his amused, he heard a lullaby song been played from the nearby player and there is an empty bottle of milk by Daemin's side. He thought that Gary might had a hard time just now to pat Daemin to sleep. he quickly gather all the things before he carries the baby into the carrier. Luckily, he always assists his noona if they are going outside to do some errands so he is quite effective in this job.
"Thank you Gary hyung. Sorry if you feel burden to it.." Kwangsoo speaks in his low voice with his apologetic looking. He just about to turn away when Gary pulls his arm.
"Leave him here..please." Gary speaks to him. 
"Leave? But..you.."
"This is the only way for me to get back your sister. If sharing her love is the only thing i can have now, i willingly accept it rather than being alone in my whole life."
"But hyung, this is not easy. Me and noona took almost a month to learn about babycare. How can you cope with that?"
"Thats why i need you here today. And i will show you how a man look after a child." Kwangsoo nods his head as he is also curious with what Gary will do afterwards.

Jihyo keep looking at her phone. She is worried as nobody call her nor any message she received since she arrived in Hong Kong. Haha notices her worried face and approaches her.
"Anything wrong?"
"No Donghoon oppa. I just worried about the baby. Actually, i just left him with Gary this morning." Haha almost choked his own drink after hearing the statement.
"Gary? The Kang Gary? Woahhh!! Song Jihyo what are you thinking? You are not leaving a dog to be pet of."
"I don't know what i am thinking of this morning. I was rushing to airport and Gary oppa came to us. He offered to send me to airport and he asks me to leave the baby with him."
"And he didn't call you until now? Did Gary do something bad to the baby?"
"Yah! Don't scared me..Gary will not do that kind of things. I trust him." But her face still show worries.
"Call him..or your brother."

"Noona..don't worry. The baby is safe. He is asleep now and he is in good hand. You just rest and have a peace of mind, okay?" Jihyo smiles unknowingly and she feel relieved knowing that her baby is safe.
After ended the call, Kwangsoo turns his head to a man who is dozing off on the couch. He looks more tired than usual. Kwangsoo smiles to him, they had a long and tiring day today. 
"Mr Kang." A middle age lady comes out from the room. Kwangsoo stood up and nudges Gary to wake him up.
"Oh..Madam Lee. Is everything okay?" Gary asks the lady soon after he comes to reality.
"Mr Kang, i already lull the baby to sleep. I will come back in the morning."
"Thank you madam Lee. I'm sorry again for giving you a short notice for this job. My driver will send you off and fetch you in the morning."
"Alright Mr Kang. i already prepare the milk for tonight if Daemin wakes up."
"Do the baby wakes up frequently? So i just gives him the milk? How about the diapers?"
"I already listed it out for you in the room. I stick it on the wall."
"Thank you a lot. You really helping me out."
After they send the lady at the door, Kwangsoo laughes at him.
"Why?"
"You are really funny, you know that?"
"I am really clueless about all this things. By the way, did Jihyo call you?"
"Yes. Don't worry i didn't tell her about you and Daemin. We should give her the surprise."
"You mean the room? I had that in mind and we were discussing about it before about what should we do to the room if we had a kid."
"Seriously? I never know you and noona ever discussing about starting a family. She always avoid when omma or appa ask her."
"That is my fault. I never give her a promise. I take her for granted."
"Don't worry hyung. If you really loves her, i will always support you."

The next day while Gary preparing himself for work, Madam Lee arrives and she already helping to change Daemin. She notices that Kwangsoo left the house and Gary is all alone. Judging by the amount of bottle milk, Daemin wakes up quite frequent last night. She felt sorry for the man. She had signed contract yesterday and it stated that she can't question anything about the baby and she had to keep the confindentiality about what happened inside the house. She knows about Gary's background and his attitude before. She is assuming Daemin as a product of irresponsible action of Gary's past. 
"Madam Lee..i will be coming home late today. Just give a call to my assistant if there is any problem. There is number of my personal doctor if he turns sick." Gary wakes Madam Lee from her daydreaming. He passes a list of contacts number to her.
"Are you going now Mr Kang?" Gary nods his head and turns to left the room. Madam Lee who is carrying Daemin quickly follows him behind.
"Oh, you don't need to send me till the door. I will go by myself."
"Its not me. Daemin wants to see his daddy. Appa..kiss me goodbye." Madam Lee tries to bond this two people. Gary is stunned by her request. He looks at Daemin's eyes. His hand slowly reaching out to his face but instead of kissing him, he just patting on his head and left the house.
"Look at that Daemin ah, your father likes you. Be a good boy okay, be nice to him." 

Jihyo fidgeting with her phone. She is hesitating to contact Gary as to thank him about yesterday but she stops herself. And the hesitation continue for another 3 days before she is scheduled to go back to Korea. She make a video call to Kwangsoo.
"Noona..when you coming home?"
"Tomorrow morning is my flight.I'm going for sightseeing tonight. Where is Daemin? Can you show me his face?"
Kwangsoo gulps down his saliva. Obviously he is not in Gary's house and they still keep Daemin there.
"Why? Where is him?"
"No..no. Its just omma brought him to the park today. They still not coming home." 
"At this hour? Isn't omma busy at the store?"
"Its not that busy. Oh noona, i will not be able to fetch you tomorrow. Don't worry, there is someone who will be there with Daemin also."
"Its okay. I know you are busy with your schedule. Thanks for helping me." They continue to chat for a while and Kwangsoo able to distract her from Daemin.

Jihyo froze in her step. She saw Gary with Daemin in the front carrier, waiting for her at arrival hall. Haha who witness it also shock with the man in front of him before he laughes it out. He pulls Jihyo to them.
"Gary ah, what is this? Are you doing delivery now?" Haha asks him while continue to laugh.
"Yah, can't you see i'm carrying a baby here! Go away.." Gary pushes him aside and he is facing jihyo right now.
"Can we go home now?" He asks her in his soft voice. Jihyo nods her head slowly still looking blankly at Gary.
"Wait..what? Are you guys going home together? Did you guys..." Haha interrupting the couple's interaction.
"Donghoon ah, go back by yourself. See you at office tomorrow." Gary dismiss themselves and push the trolley to his car.

It is only silence in the car. Jihyo still amazed how Gary changes in just few days. She turns back and saw Daemin playing with his new toy, belted inside his new baby's seat.
"Why are you doing all this?" Jihyo breaks the silence.
"Is that what you want? A man who can love this baby as his own. A man who learn about responsibility. I'm doing this for you. Only you." Even he just focus on the road, Jihyo can sense his determination in words.
"I'm sorry.."
"For what?"
"Forcing you into my decision. You can quit once youfeel tired. I understand. You lead a free spirit of life and i try to change you to someone i want and i need."
"Jihyo ah, i don't mind the forcing. Its the love that force us to be together. you see me for past months how miserable my life is without you. Have you not realized it? You change me already and you cannot just stop what you had done to me."
"Is our love that strong? Without it we are lost." Gary keep silent but he still nods his head. Slowly he brings Jihyo's hand to him.
"Come back to me..."