Chapter 14

Woman who can't cry, Man who can't smile

Kwangsoo and Mr Song keep their ears towards the door. They are trying to eavesdropping the conversation between Jihyo and Mrs Song. Since Gary left their home last night, Jihyo just locked herself at her room. Only this morning, Mrs Song able to see her as she make Daemin as an excuse.
"Jihyo dear, don't be like this. Omma, appa, Kwangsoo are worried about you. We are here.." Mrs Song hugging her and its only she realized the shirt she wearing is soaked with tears.
"Jihyo? Are you crying? For real?" Her mother looks at her, she can't help but smiling at her but later she realized that her daughter is hurt.
"I am sorry. Omma is sorry, is should not..."
"So this is the feeling. When you can cry out your sadness, frustration. I feel better omma with crying. But Gary oppa..."
"Dear, did you guys.." Jihyo nodded her head and hugs her mother tightly. She continue to sob harder. Even she had been cry all the night, seem the new formed tears in her body never been ceased.
"Noona..i will see him. Maybe he just mad for a while. I will talk to him." Kwangsoo already enters the room.He can't stand to hear his sister suffering.
"No Kwangsoo. You don't know him. If he want me to choose, he really mean it. I love him but i can't abandoned Daemin."
"Why he is such a coldhearted?" Kwangsoo raised his voice.
"You don't know about his past. He suffered much and he dislikes of sharing and giving out to others. I know him. He is not to be blame."
"He must really loves you. He can't accept that you cheat him for a person that you just met." Mr Song took a seat next to her.
"And like a miracle, our daughter cries now. See...this is a true tears! This what we called true love cost tears." Mrs Song touches her face.
"Dear, whatever your choice, we as your family will always be by your side. For now, you need to build up your confindence, your strength and cherish whatever you have for now. Maybe Daemin can really gives you a different colour in your life." Mr Song took Jihyo's hand while talking to her.
"Now, we had to discuss about Daemin. Show to Gary that you can take care of him and you made a right decision."
Jihyo smiles to all of them although the brim of tears still present at the edgeof her eyes. She hold the words from her parents, she had to forget about the only man who made her cry now. She had to be strong if she want to move forward.

Haha picks up the cans of beer scatterd on the floor. He is paying visit to Gary's house since he been absent from works for two days and cannot been reach by phone. Even Jihyo didn't know his whereabouts. He saw Gary lie on the couch in total mess. Few glass pieces can be seen near him and it is obvious that Gary broke it. 
"Gary! Wake up!" Haha rushed to the man as he saw few bloods dripping from his wrist. He is unconcious.

Gary winced painfully as he tried to open his eyes. He scans his surrounding and the person in the room is the one he avoid to see.
"Gary ah.." Mr Kang goes to his bedside. He tries to help his son to sit up but pushes his hand aside.
"I can sit by myself."
"Why you did it? Again? I thought you are enjoying your life now but you.."
"How can i be happy? Tell me what is my happiness?" He shouted back to his father.
"I'm sorry. But please, tell me why you did this?"
"I don't want you to interfere in my life. Please..i need to be alone." Mr Kang sigh as hearing Gary's answer. He felt sorry for his son but Gary seem to build a big wall between them. 
"I will tell Tae Oh that you need your leave. Go on holiday." Mr Kang then leaves the room.soon after he heard the door closed, he searches for his phone. No new message or missed call on his screen. He throws his phone back to the table next to him.
"Jihyo ah...i miss you." He close his eyes while memorizing teary Jihyo's face few nights ago. However suddenly a hatred feeling creep in his mind. Gary throws his pillow on the floor while pushing all the things on the side table. The noise made alerted few staff on that floor. 
"Get out! Leave me alone!" Gary scream out of his lungs when few paramedic and doctor come to his room. He was given a sedative before he turns to sleep again.

Haha watches his team presenting in the room. Occasionally he glances at Jihyo, she is yawning again and again. When a question arise, she seem lost and blank. Luckily, her colleguae help her. It is not first time Haha notices her weird behaviour. Since the day she came back work after 2 days sick leave, she turn up late at work. Then she forgot to attend the meeting. The day after, she keep dropping her things and nearly choke her own drinking water when hearing about Gary been hospitalized. 
He decides to approach Jihyo when the meeting is over but he is been occupied by Hyuna who forcing him to send her to Japan. During lunch time,  Haha went to her room. It was then he heard about nanny, baby care and all sort of babycare things been discussed over the phone by Jihyo. As to respect her privacy, he knocks the door before Jihyo end the call.
"Oh Manager Ha.."
"Are you up for lunch? Seem everyone leaving already.."
"Er..i can't decline isn't it?"
Haha smiles to her honesty. They goes together for lunch at nearby restaurant. Initially they just talking and discussing about works before Haha stars his investigation.
"Did you go and visit Gary?" Jihyo who is talkative just now, shut . She shakes her head.
"Why? You are his girlfriend.."
"I'm busy."
"Don't bluff me. You even date when doing work outstation. He is sick and you are worry about your work."
"We already break up.." Haha widened his eyes upon hearing that. He can't believe that his guess before hit it.
"Just want to let you know. He is suffering. He is being as he is few years ago."
"What..what happ..pened to him?" Jihyo's heart sank when imagining his ex man now.
"He injured himself or i can rephrase as he is attempting to end his life. He don't want to receive any visitor at hospital and just want to be alone. Me, myself even been chased out."
"Is he that serious?" Haha nods his head. He tries to read Jihyo's face and it was apparent that she still worrying about him.
"What happened between you two? It is a sweet and lovely before."
"I'm sorry. I don't want to remember that moment again. Its my fault."
"I hope you still can work in KG Comm, even you choose to avoid him but please don't ignore me. We are team, remember?" Haha assured her and Jihyo feel thankful to have a friend like him.

After a week been hospitalized, Gary come back to work. He just stay in his office and only meet with Team manager. He will avoid elevator during peak hour as to avoid meeting Jihyo. His mood is unpredictable most of the time. Many new project been delayed as not getting his approval. Even Tae Oh unable to stop his action. He tries to light his burden of work but he only been chased out from his office afterward. Tae Oh is planning for grand dinner for the board members and new shareholders. At the same time, he wants to reward the staff with this annual occasion. He goes to Gary's office to discuss about his plan that day.
"Are you in the middle of something? Because i didn't see you doing anything beside massaging your head." Tae Oh already walks in his office and took a seat on the couch.
"What do you want? Ask me to leave this office?" Gary replies while glancing at the man.
"I have a plan for our company's event. We held a grand dinner."
"Just do it. You can do whatever you want."
"You must help me. Whatever your problem is don't neglecting your work, your company. This is the time you need to regain back the shareholder's trust."
"For me or for you? Just say that you want this company and see me suffering again. This is that woman's agenda right?"
"What are you talking about? If not because of your father, i will never help you here. Gary, you need help. You can't rule this company with your emotion. This past week, our progression in each project been delayed just like your solemn day! Wake up! Don't easily burn all your hardwork. If you really think i'm going to take over this company of yours, fight for it!" Tae Oh is really mad at him. He shouts angrily to Gary as no one ever dare to wake that man fom his depression. He never hold grudges at Gary, they are once a bestfriend. Seeing his attitude now really make him mad.
Gary just keep silent. He keeps his head straight, watching the scenery from his window. He didn't make any sound. Tae Oh only see his back. He is tired waiting and decide to leave him alone.
"The dinner...it should be held at the end of this month." Tae Oh smiles when hearing Gary's voice and leaves his office to announce the good news.

Jihyo watches as Daemin sleeps on the bed. Now she really use to baby's cry and she feel like Daemin as her own son. With him by her side, she slowly able to forget about Gary. Now her life is change 360 degree. If before, she rushes to home for a date or simple hangout with her friends and family, now she can't wait to see Daemin once she freefrom work. The rumors about her adopted son spreads among the office as Madam Park breaks about the nanny. MinAh and Yoona make a frequent visit and sometimes spend their night together with Jihyo as they want to babysit Daemin. Daemin indeed is a cute child who is easily to be care of. Maybe he can sense that his mother left him with a stranger so he didn't cry much.
"Daemin ah, omma loves you." Jihyo caresses his chubby cheek before slowly join him to dreamland. She called herself as Daemin's omma to make them closer.
Gary still in his car. He parks his car near to Jihyo's apartment lobby. From there he can watches the light from Jihyo's window. Since their break up, he always spend his night there until the lights from Jihyo's turn off. He miss Jihyo but his ego stop him from seeing her. He wants to protect her as he know Jihyo lives with a baby now. 
"Jihyo ah, is that baby more important than me? Why you didn't come and see me?" This is the repeated words that always been in his mind. Thinking about the baby make him more angry and sad.

Tae Oh is waiting in his office. He is hesitating to type a message on his phone. After a while he send it to someone.
'You still owe me a date.'
'Who is this?'
'How many man that you promise a date?'
'President kim?'

'So are you free this weekend?'
'Oh i thought we had grand dinner for company this weekend?'
'That's why i want you to be my partner that night.'
Jihyo reads the last message few times. She feels that it will be awkward for her and Gary if she agree to it. She had to respect her ex at the same time.
'I'm sorry Mr Kim, i don't think i can make it.'
'Why? It is such a waste then..'
Jihyo just ended the conversation without any reply. It is better for her to left it.

It is the night that been waiting for all KG Comm staffs. Everyone dress themselves for it included Jihyo. She came together with Yoona and MinAh. Soon after they arrive, Woo Bin already wait for his woman at the entrance of the ballroom. After few minutes, Yoona excuses herself to join her date for that night. Since the company allows them to date each other, few of the staffs showing their affection towards each other freely. Jihyo smiles to them who had their partner for that night. Suddenly she feel lonely. She miss her man. Its been a while since she saw him.
"So you able to come?" A voice from her back startled Jihyo a bit. She turns and laughes to the man.
"President Kim. Good evening."
"Are you alone? Where is your partner?" He asks.
"Oh..i..i come with the ladies. They already seeing their partner."
"So..can we have a date now?" he smiles widely to her. Jihyo can't avoid him now so she had to agree. Tae Oh bring him to see few of shareholders. Soon, her eyes wandering around as the conversation among them is a bit dragging. 
"Are you bored?" Tae Oh whispers to her.
"Oh..don't bother me."
"Maybe we can go and have a drink first. Just us." Tae Oh excuse himself from the group and hold her hand to the nearest table. On the way, they meet with Gary.
"Oh Gary ssi, i thought you wouldn't come. Are you alone?" Tae Oh greet him happily. While Gary seem shocked to see Jihyo with him. They look at each other before a woman come from behind Gary and hold his arm.
"Why you left me there? Oh..good evening." The lady looks elegant in her dress. She greets them soon after that.
"Kim Tae Oh, president KG Comm. This is my partner, Song Jihyo." Tae Oh introduces both of them.
"I am Hee Jung ssi. Director of Elvrada."
"Elvrada? The fashion label? Woahh..our Gary got a big catch!" Tae Oh exclaims to the lady'sremark. 
"Don't mention about it. I heard about you before, your company in Australia."
"You know about it? Now, i am embarassed to be compare with you." It seem that the conversation is between this two people who didn't realized the tension between both Gary and jihyo. Both of them still staring at each other. Jihyo is the one who break the eye contact as she drags Tae Oh to other side of the ballroom.

"Thank you for sending me home." Jihyo said soon after they reach her apartment.
"You want me to see you until the door?" Tae Oh asks politely.
"Don't ..don't do that. Just go back and rest."
"Jihyo ssi, thank you. For accompany me tonight."
"I hope i fulfill your request for a date."
"Can we do it again?"
"Mr Kim..i still think that we just keep our relationship as boss and staff. I hope you understand." Tae Oh smiles bitterly, he had to respect her request. Woman hates man who forcing much. That's what he learn from his previous relationship. 
After Tae Oh left the lobby, Jihyo waits for the elevator. She just about to enter it when a man pushes him inside. She is too shock to hold it back and soon a pair of lips landed on her lips. She is resisting it but the force from them man is getting stronger. Soon he release Jihyo from his grip.
"What are you doing? Are you crazy?" Jihyo nearly fall due to her shock but the man able to catch her from slipped.
"Jihyo ah, please. Don't leave me.."
"Gary ssi. We are over."
"Jihyo..please.." He hugs Jihyo tightly and keep forcing kisses to Jihyo's face and neck. Jihyo uses all her strength and slaps him on the cheek. Gary stares at her and release the hug. He touches his cheek while Jihyo is trembling looking at her own hand.
"I am sorry oppa. Don't make it hard to me."
"I know you still love me. Your eyes..during the event just now. It shows everything. The tears is only for me!" Gary swears that he saw the tears that sparkling at the edge of her eyes when they met each other at the ballroom.
"Its you who left me..you can't accept my decision."
"This few weeks i try to live without your shadow but i fail. It haunted me. i still need you. Can we start again?"
"I'm afraid oppa. I don't want to give hope to you. We always end up hurting each other. Daemin..its part of my life now. Can you accept him?"
Gary keep silent but still holding on jihyo's hand. He thinks hard of it.
"Good night oppa.." Jihyo slowly moves his hand from her. She left him inside the elevator and head towards her unit. Seem Gary's heart is still cold towards the kid.
On the other hand, Gary still unsure. He knows he wants Jihyo but he can't accept that their love need to be share with a child. He watches as Jihyo leaving him.But tonight he is sure, its up to him now either to pursue or not. Jihyo's heart never change for him.