Chapter 18

Woman who can't cry, Man who can't smile

*dear reader, thank u for giving me support to continue my writing. FYI, i lost my Ipad few weeks ago and all my docs for my work and all my ff is in there! And it takes longer for me to restore them back. I try to complete my story. I'm sorry for being hiatus long time.

2 years later..
Gary looks at the small blue box in his hand for umpteenth time. The plan inside his head kept replaying.
"Hope she will say yes this time.." While imagining what he will do tonight, he remembers the visit to Song family last weekend. He had to lie to Jihyo that he is going for some business work for her to stay at home.

Flashback
"It is unusual for you to come alone Gary. So what you have in mind?" Mr Song asks him while they are having tea together with all his family member.
"I come to ask your permission to marry your daughter, Jihyo. I think this is the time."
Both Jihyo's parents' face beam with happiness. They know that this man is very loyal to their daughter. Despite been rejected on few proposal before, they remained together. Even Jihyo's parent had no idea why her daughter always rejecting idea of marriage. This time, Gary changes his plan. He goes to them first.
"Are you worried she might reject you again?" Her mother asks in worried tone. Gar slowly nods his head.
"Trust us, after all this while. No matter what is her decision, she can't live without you."

"Hyung, i'm always by your side. If she rejects you, tell me. I will come and smashes her head!"they al laugh at Kwangsoo's threats.
"But Gary, i think we need to meet your parents. Marriage is a union of two family, is not proper if we never see them before." Mr Song voices out his concern. Gary stunned at his words. Since the incident 2 years ago, he never contact his father. He tries to find excuse for that before Mr Song continue his words.
"Or is it because they don't like you being together with our Jihyo?" Everyone in the room turns to Mr Song.
"I know everything about you, Gary. We are like a family now. Why you still hold your problem alone?"
"You know it? How..."
"I know that you are Jihyo's CEO. I know your family, your family business. Their successful in the business line. News all over in Korea covered all of this but the reporters also are quite good nowadays to feed us with their personal problem."
"So the issue in my family been known to media?"
"And Jihyo also knew about it. i think she hold the marriage until the issue with your family settled."
Gary had a deep thought about it until he went back home that night.

End of flashack

Gary takes his phone. His fingers wandering on the number appeared on the screen. He hesitates to call, instead he types a message to the person.
'I know you might not bothered about me. I just want to inform you..i'm getting married.'
After he send the message, he sighs of relief. Its like he just escape from life sentences.

The house is full with candle light. Petal of roses scattered from the hallway to living room. A romantic song plays along to build the mood. Gary waits patiently on the couch. He send Daemin to Jihyo's parent tonight so it will just be two of them. Suddenly sound of someone opening the door made Gary quickly stand from his seat.
"Omo! Oppa, what is this?" Jihyo's shocked face soon after she entersthe house.
"Honey..do you like it?" Gary asks in his soft voice.
"Yes...but why? Where is Daemin?"
Gary quickly grabs both her hand. His eyes looks deeply into her eyes.
"I know this is quite familiar with my previous proposal before but tonight i know this time, you will give me the answer that i want to hear. Jihyo, will you marry me? Will you always be by my side?"
"Oppa..this is so sudden. Its been a long time since your last proposal. But i need.." Jihyo tries to move her hands from the grip but Gary tooks back her hand.
"No jihyo. Listen. I already ask your parents last week. I just know that they know about my family. Now, we are just waiting for your answer. Please Jihyo.."
Jihyo caressing Gary's face slowly. She smiles at him.
"I know you will do everything if i ask you to. I know i'm quite selfish by leaving you with no reason why i'm rejecting your proposal before. But i know you will understand my reason. Oppa, we still being together even i had rejected you few times. We had good time all this while but i'm worried when i am agree for your proposal and getting married. It means i will be carrying Kang's family's name. I just worried about people's perception. Your family.."
"Is it hard to be part of Kang? Its not my fault i was born in that family and you can't leave me because of that.."
"I am not leaving you. I just want you to give me a chance to meet your family at least. Can you? This is the only way i will know how they will accept me, my family."
"Just that?" Jihyo nods her head. 
"Fine. I will set the date for both of family to meet." 

Its been three days since that night. But Gary still not make any move to tell his family. He is busy preparing for his meeting when his assistant knocks on the door.
"CEO Kang..there is someone waits for you in the room."
"What? But i'm having a meeting in few minutes. Can he wait?"
"Its..its your father." Gary turns his head to his assistant. He nods his head as Gary looks at him. Gary stops from his work before and walks towards the door.

"Father.." The older man who sits on the couch turns to face Gary. Slowly, his tears flow down onto his cheek. He looks ill and weak to stand alone. Gary rushes to his father to help him stand but his father continue to hug him tightly.
"Thanks for still calling me your father. I miss you son.." Even Gary didn't spill any tears but he can't help to feel touch hearing that.
"I'm sorry for being disloyal to you."
"No son..i'm sorry for not hearing your thought. You know, i will always been update about you. Until i receive your text few days ago."
They sit on the couch, facing each other. Its been a while since they can have their own leisure time together, talking about personal things not business. Gary been comfortable around his father again.
"So who is that lucky girl? Is it the same woman as before?"
"Yes father. She is the one who asks me to see you again. "
"You are a loyal man. Don't be like me.."
"With her, i know what is love. I can't live without her." Mr Kang smiles at his son. He never knew a woman able to change Gary's perception and make him like a mature man.
"So, i guess we can set date for a meeting both family." Asks Mr Kang happily.

Jihyo smiling happily in the car. She just received a call from Gary. Hearing how Gary told her about his meeting with his father earlier, make her smile till now. She is now waiting for Daemin inside her car. Its usual for her to take Daemin from his kindergarten at this hour. Few minutes later, Daemin exit from the gate. Jihyo quickly steps out from her car but her pace stops as she saw Daemin waves at someone. She tries to look and focus and the woman's face before she recognized the face.
"Shin yin?" Jihyo runs to Daemin. She hugs him tightly as she afraid someone will take him from her.
"Daemin ah..are you okay?"
"I'm okay, omma. Why you ran to me?"
"Who are you waving to just now? Do you know her?"
"She said she is your friend. She buys me food few times before. She said she will accompany me while waiting for you and appa."
"Don't go with her again, okay. She will take you from me."
"Is she a bad person?" Jihyo stops a while, it is wrong to made Shin Yin as a bad person in front of her own son.
"She is not bad. But she will take you from me and appa. You want that?" 
"No! I'm sorry omma. I will not go to her again."