Chapter 16

Woman who can't cry, Man who can't smile

Gary watches as Jihyo moving around the house. Deep inside his heart, he feel blessed as they had patched together. Since the day he fetches Jihyo from airport, they start all over again. Gary had open his heart to accept Daemin for Jihyo. He enjoys every and each moment with them till the extent that he can't sleep as worrying about them. As a result, now they already live together like a happily married family. Initially they just spend their night at each other's house but later due to Daemin's comfort, they had to stay together at one place.
Today, Jihyo make use her weekend at their kitchen. She is trying new recipe for Gary while Gary babysit Daemin.
"Oppa, i think the food will be a bit spicy. Can you take it?" Gary's deep thought been interrupted for a while.
"What do you say?"
"The food will be spicy. I think i measured the pepper wrongly."
"Oh..its okay. If i happened to be sick tonight, you will be by my side right?" Jihyo chuckles hearing his answers.
Gary turns to Daemin who is now started to walk in few steps. He took the book from the coffee table and read on few phrases before turns back to Daemin.
"Daemin ah, take this." He instructed the baby to take few pieces of beads which happened to be on the floor. from his hand. Daemin uses his fingers to pick it without fail. 
"Repeat me..Da Da." Gary asks him again. Daemin smiles cheekily to him. Gary tries again and again.
"Oppa..what are you doing?" Jihyo calls from the kitchen.
"Jihyo ah, i think we miss Daemin first birthday."
"Huh? How did you know? Omo..we should know about that." jihyo walks to him.
"This is from the book i read. At the age of one year, baby will start to walk without support taking few steps, wabbling. His hand picking will be mature enough. He can pinches using his fingers to take small object. And he should be able to produce single syllaby word...like Da, Ma.."
"Oppa, you are amazing! I never know you had this much information for a child care."
"I promise to you, i will be a good father to Daemin. I will do anything for you."
"Thank you oppa. But oppa, if we really had missed his birthday, can we just celebrate it and use that day as his birth date instead?"
"Hmm..sounds good. When is the good date for him?"
"How about 10th March? It will be next Saturday."
"As long as you are happy.." Jihyo smiles widely as thinking on what kind of party she wants to throw.
"Have you considering about registering his adoption? You know we have to legally have him. i don't want his mother to take him away from us." Gary speaks in his serious tone. He plays with Jihyo's fingers while speaks.
"we can't adopt him legally if we are not married. That is the only way to secured our application."
"Then let's get married!"
"Oppa, please be serious. We had talk about this. Marriage is not just a contract, it is another phase of life. We had to think about it properly. About your family, my family. Its not just us."
"One day, i will surely asks your father for his permission. Just be prepared."
"Prepared? I already feel like a married woman now. Just get me a ring!" Jihyo jokingly hit over Gary's chest.
"Are you sure? Then i will find it now."
And the conversation continue to drag on as the day goes by. Both of them know about their love to each other and getting married is one of their aim in this relationship. they don't dare to step forward as they are worried they might lost each other's hand. For time being, they just want to enjoy the time being together. They will only focusing on Daemin and marriage can wait.

Tae Oh taps his finger on the desk. He bites his own lip while looking over the pictures that been shown to him. He knew there is something between those two but both of them keep denied it until he had to pay a private investigator to stalk them. Now he feel dejected. So this is the reason why Jihyo never said yes to his proposal or even just a simple dinner invitation.
"Kang..Gary..what should i do with you?" Picture speaks thousand of words. He can see Gary enjoys his life now. The pictures show the recent vacation of the couple with Daemin in Singapore. Gary's face shows everything even no facial expression been made. Tae Oh feels symphatized for that man but he also loves Jihyo. He is having his own conflicts on what to do.
"Sir, what do you want me to do now?" The man who is responsible to give the pictures to Tae Oh stood next to the desk.
"I think enough for the time being. I will call you if i need your help. And...take this." 
After peeking into the envelope to ensure the amount of payment, the man left the room. Tae Oh quickly made a call through his mobile phone.
"Seojun ssi, is Mr Kang in the office right now?" 


"Tell him to wait for me in the office. If an urgent matter, please take the message for me." Gary sounds annoyed when he received the call from his assistant. He never like been instructed by the man name Kim Tae Oh.
"Oh..where are you now? I heard a baby's cry. Are you babysitting again?" Seojun can clearly heard the surrounding from the other side of the phone.
"Yah! Can you just mind your own business? I have to hang up now. See you later." Once he ended the call, he turns to Daemin who had been crying all the time as he had injured his head while playing this morning.
"The doctor is here!" Madam Lee rushing towards them. She is really worried as Daemin injured himself while under her care. Gary carries Daemin towards the doctor's room. 
"Don't worry Mr Kang. The wound is not deep and he just having a mild head injury but we had to stich the wound." The doctor calmly explains to Gary after he examines Daemin.
"Stich? That means you will use the sharp over his head?"
"It just a needle. It is a minor procedure but we will give him some sedative during the procedure. And he will be admitted afterwards for observation."
Gary sighs hearing that but knowing the effect if he ignores the treatment will be worse. He excuses himself to make a call. Since he arrived to the hospital, he is not telling Jihyo yet. Madam Lee calls him soon after Daemin fell from the chair. Luckily Gary is not in the middle of the meeting so he able to rush to the hospital.
After few calls, Jihyo picks up the call.
"Oppa, i just finishes the meeting with the client. Can we talk later?"
"Jihyo...Daemin.."
"Daemin? Why? What happened to him?"
"We are at SK Hospital. He fell down and need to get few stiches over his head."
"What? I..i'm coming, oppa."

Jihyo holds Daemin's hand as the baby still in his deep sleep. She just keep silent ever since she reaches the hospital. Madam Lee comes towards her and hugs over her shoulder.
"I'm sorry. I should be more careful after this. I don't know that he able to unbuckle himself from the chair." 
"Its okay, madam Lee. He is more active and growing up now. You must be tired today. Please just go back and rest."
"Daemin is lucky to have you guys as their parent. Don't worry too much. He is strong boy."
Gary nods his head upon hearing that. He caresses over Daemin's head when he got another phone call.
"Aishh..what is this man wants this time?" He picks up the call and moves towards the window.
"Gary, what time you will be reaching your office? Do you know that you cannot leave your office unless there is work related reason?" Tae Oh's voice can be heard from the other line.
"What is so important for you to call me now? Do you ever know the word 'emergency'? Why must i reported to you about my activity and my location?" Hearing Gary raises his voice made Jihyo to look up at him.
"What kind of emergency that made a CEO left his office the whole day? Is it your girlfriend? Because she left her team with our client and declining their lunch invitation." Gary froze at his words. He senses something bad.
He don't want his relationship with Jihyo been revealed to this man as he wants to protect Jihyo and Daemin from his stepmother. He turns his head and only that he notices that Jihyo was looking at him all this while. 
"What do you want?" His tone changes.
"If you really loves Jihyo and you don't want Mrs Kang to do something for your woman, do me a favor."
Gary keep silent. His eyes still watching Jihyo.
"Let me have a date with Jihyo."
"Don't you ever think about that. I will not let you have one even if i die. Don't you dare to get closer to her!"
Tae Oh burst out his evil laugh when hearing Gary's reply. Gary already clenches his fist trying to control his anger.
"Poor Gary ssi..i hope he can protect his woman well enough. You should hired security for Jihyo. I wondered what your lovely mother will do." 
"Kim Tae Oh!" Before Gary able to finish his words, Tae Oh already ended the call. Daemin startled from his sleep due to the noise but he able to resume his sleep back once Jihyo pats him back.
"Oppa, what's wrong?"
"I think Tae Oh found out about us. And he blackmailed me."
"What does he want?"
"To have a date with you. That crazy man.." 
"will he tell your mother about us?" Jihyo seems worried about the threatened.
"I don't care. That woman..she cannot touch my family! I will make sure about that."


* just a short update. Sorry for being in hiatus for a while. I have been busy travel here and there for my new project. Hope you guys have a nice day and keep healthy.