chapter 22

Woman who can't cry, Man who can't smile

Chapter 22

Hi guys/girls! Its been a while and yes I miss them too and I think I owe u guys the continuation of this story. Even the reality its different but I still hope for a miracle. And it just a fanfic. So continue reading and comment. Im also give a shout out to other author of under this tag to continue your writing. It make my day somehow reading those fanfics JJ

 

Boston, 1 year later..

Jihyo is preparing for a board meeting in an hour. She is a bit nervous since this is her first time meeting all the board members in which her CEO insisted her to tag along. She still remember the warmth welcome she get when she enters this company and been assigned to same department as her previous company ease her work process. While still recovering from heart broken, she became a workaholic to forget all her pain and memories.

“Miss Song, are you ready? CEO Ji waiting for you,” Somin, her assistant calling from the door.

“Is it? Oh, what should I do? Should I bring this along?” Jihyo appeared nervous while gathering all her paperwork on her table

“Haha..Miss Song! Don’t be panic. You can do it…plus Mr Kim and Mr Park will be there also.”

“Is it obvious? Oh my god! Its been a long time since I had a big meeting like this. And..what did you say just now? Mr Park? Is he coming also?”

“Yup.. I feel sorry for you” Somin shows her sad face to Jihyo when she sighed hearing that name. Park Seojun is one of the colleague in the department. Since Jihyo entered this department she always get praise by the manager, Mr Kim and it cause Seojun to bad mouthing her since then as she become the apple in the eye of manager and CEO. They always argue and in bad term which cause both of them to avoid each other.

 

Meeting room

Jihyo’s eyes wandering at each face of board members. Most of the are non Korean but only 3 of them are Korean. Since the meeting held, she cannot focus as she had to sit next to Seojun who kept making sound as he is restless on his chair. Jihyo stunned when suddenly she heard her name been called by CEO Ji. She stood up and bow a little.

“relax young lady, its not in Korea. No need to bow.” Said one of board member.

“So I heard you work with KG Comm before? So we can see how Mr Kang’s trainee able to achieve our expectation or not?” another comment been shout. Seojun smiles mischiveously.

“Mr Kang’s trainee? Then we should keep an eye on her! Look how irresponsible Kang had done to our company before..” Jihyo turns to the lady’s voice. She is motherly look but somehow Jihyo can see pain in her eyes.

“Mrs Park, I don’t think we should mention his name today,” CEO Ji tried to make situation more calm.

“I heard he want to let go his share? Is it true?” another board member ask CEO Ji and cause a bit fuss in the meeting room.

“After years? Now only he let it go? Is he dying? I heard he had a son?”

“That’s why I call all of you here. We might have a change in board members since the rumour is true.”

“Is he selling his share? Or his son will take over?” Mrs Park’s question cause Jihyo’s heart pumping faster. She is not ready to meet Gary.

“No. he already appointed someone to take over. Miss Song Jihyo.” CEO Ji’s words again cause ruckus here and there. Some is asking who is she? What is their relationship? Is it a joke? Jihyo just stand there blankly before she hears few claps from others in the room mostly from her department member.

“So..i don’t know that you are so close to that Kang family? Should I congratulated you then? No.. I don’t think so. It make me want to watch you more close. Are you a spy?” Seojun speaks in his soft tone before smirked to her. Jihyo only able to stare blankly at his statement. She still not recover from the shock just now. Later other members come to her side to congratulates her.

“Miss Song. Nice to meet you. I am sure Mr Kang appointed you as his replacement because he see your ability. I am sorry for talking harshly just now.” Mrs Park offer her handshake before Jihyo reaches her hand. She is trembling right now.

“Are you nervous? Don’t worry. Mr Ji will teach you along..” her motherly smile warms everyone who saw. Her face reminds her of someone.

“Omma, don’t trust people easily.” Seojun interrupted

“Young man, we are not at home right now. Where is your manner?” Mrs Park remind him afterwards.

“I’m sorry Mrs Park. I will see you later…at home.” Seojun flashes a smile to his mother before left them alone.

“Ignore him, miss Song. He is young anyway but very ambitious just like his late father. “

 

“What? Is it true? How can…” Mr song cannot stop asking the moment he heard the good news from Jihyo.

“Why he need to do that? He don’t owe us anything..” Kwangsoo said as he slowly enjoys his dinner.

“Should I contact him? As our appreciation..”

“No need appa. I already ask Mr Ji to relay my message. Since Mr Kang didn’t want me to establish any contact with him before..”

“Arasso..”

“Didn’t you miss Daemin?” Suddenly Mrs Song ask her. Its been a while since that name been call among them. Everyone just shut their mouth. Jihyo looks at her mother, she knows that her mother occasionally cries as she is missing her grandchild same like her but she had to show that she is moving on in other for them to forget him.

“Omma, your dinner today is the best! Thank you for the meal..”

 

Seoul

Gary is listening to the presentation when suddenly the door is wide open. All eyes are focus on the figure that enter the room. Gary frowned as he seeing that woman approaching him.

“what are you doing here?”

“Yeobo, im your wife and it is unfair for me as business graduate holder to just stay at home. I need a job and I think I found the suitable post for me. To be next to you..” Shin Yin purposely lay her hand at his shoulder.

“I am in the meeting right now. Wait for me in my room.”

“Okay. I am waiting..” Shin Yin then exit the room. Gary holds his anger as this is the first time she appeared like that.

 

“What are you doing just now? Don’t you remember our contract?”

“Oppa, I need a job. No..i need a post here. You are my husband and you will take care of it.”

“what? Shin yin..all my staff need to undergo an interview and assessment period before they able to call themselves as KG Comm staff. You think is that easy? You want my company to close down is it?”

“why I need to go for interview? You might just give me any post. I am your wife!”

“Only on paper. And people didn’t know who the hell is my wife is.”

“I don’t care. I want to work here and make sure my post is higher than what Jihyo ssi was before..”

PANGGG!

“Don’t call that name carelessly. You don’t know what she sacrificed for you..Get out!”

Shin Yin cried as the pain in her face is sting. She stares at Gary before left the room.

 

“Appa!” daemin runs to his bed when he open the door of his bedroom.

“Hey my cheeky boy! Are you having your dinner already?”

“Yes!”

“How about your schoolwork?”

“Yes..”

“So what you want to do now?” Gary caresses Daemin’s hair and occasionally kiss on top of his head.

“I want you to tell me a story and I want to sleep here tonight..” Daemin already slide himself in the blanket waiting for his father to tell him a story.

“Okay Daemin ssi..which story you want to hear?”

“Can you tell me about omma? I miss him..” Gary’s hand stop once he heard that. He miss her too. He still live in her memory. He hugs him tightly

“I miss him too..you want to watch her video?” daemin nods excitedly. Gary switch on his laptop and open one of his secret folder which he stored all their pictures and videos.

“Omma loves to ride roller coaster. She smile this big..” daemin shows a smile similar like Jihyo.

“Look here..Omma is sad. Appa tricks her..”

“But appa kiss omma sorry after that.”

They too focused watching that video until both of them sleeping next to each other while watching.

“omma…” Daemin cries slowly in his sleep.

 

Seojun walks to her mother’s room soon after he reaches the house.

“Omo! “ He hugs his mother from the back and shocked Mrs Park. Seojun laughs hearing that.

“Omma, you looks cute! Totally different in the meeting room just now.”

“Aish this boy! When will you be a mature man?”

“I don’t want. By the way, why you ask me about Jihyo ssi?”

“Is she just moving in from Seoul? Did she really works with KG Comm before?”

“Yup. But why you are so interested in her? I don’t want to get married to her.”

“Nothing..its just..its weird. Mr Kang is not the type that will let go his share. Even after this years, he never come to Boston he will never let his share.”

“Hmm..you are right. Do you think she is a spy? Or is she his daughter?”

“No. It can’t be…”

“Omma..i am here now. Why you more interested with other’s child?”

Mrs Park smiles at the young man in front of him before hugs him.

“Sorry. My mind still at work. Come, lets have dinner.”