Chapter 17

Woman who can't cry, Man who can't smile

"Oppa, you coming home tonight? I just reach home...sorry i straight away make my way home as the meeting place is nearby. Oh, and because i got few missed calls from Madam Lee." Jihyo is entering the passcode of the door while talking over the phone.

"Ne...see you then. Don't work yourself out." She ended the call before she realized a strange feeling when she is approaching the living room. Her eyes widened as seeing a middle age lady wearing a well known Europe brand mid knee dress plus the accessories that compliment her appearance as one of the high class status.
"You are home?" The lady says in her graceful tone while sitting on one of the single seater sofa. Two black suit man stand at each side of her seems to be her bodyguard. 
"Yes. You are?" Jihyo stutters while asking that lady. Although she can recognized who is that lady but as a respectful person she is, she need to ask formally.
"I am Mrs Kang. And to be precise, i am Mr Kang Gary's mother, the owner of this house. And who are you, the young lady?"
"Oh..nice to meet you. I'm Song Jihyo. I am.." Jihyo bows to the lady but before she able to finish her words, Mrs Kang interrupted.
"I don't need your explaination. Judging from your appearance, this family here, i can tell your position with Gary. So, how much you need?"
"Sorry? I don't get you."
"Don't be naive. You are using that kid to make him stay with you right? He is forgetting his own way back to Kang mansion because of you. Seriously, how you ensure him about that kid is his own? For what i know, he never trust people and play around with hundred of girls."
"Mrs Kang, i am sorry but i think you had misunderstood. Although Daemin is not our fresh and blood but we agree to take care of him. And i never force Gary to do this. "
"That is lame answer young lady. I know what you are looking forward. Listen here, i warn you. Leave Gary or else i will not spare your kid anymore. Don't let us seeing each other again." With that, she leave the house. Jihyo stood still at living room before Madam Lee approaching her.
"Are you okay?"
"Yes..yes. I'm okay. You can leave now. I will handle Daemin by myself."
"No. I will stay till Mr Kang come back." Sensing that Jihyo might run away, Madam Lee decides to stay back.

It is 9pm when Gary comes home. After sending Madam Lee at the door, he goes to Daemin's room as his usual routine to check on him before take a rest for the day. Madam Lee's words before she went back just now still ringing inhis ear.
'Have a good talk with her.'
When he enters their bedroom, there is awkard silence. Jihyo is tidying up their walk in wardrobe. She is focusing in arrangement and does not notice about Gary's presence. Gary slolwy walks behind her and back hug her. He inhaling the scent from her side of head before asking her.
"Are you mad at me?" 
Jihyo frowned at his question but she shakes her head afterwards.
"Then why you seem cold to me?"
"Oppa, go and take shower. I wait for you at dining table." She slowly pushes him aside before make way outside.
"There sure be something wrong. Aishh..woman!" Gary sighs alone watching her leaving.

Jihyo scrolling through her phone. She is looking at few pictures taken during Daemin's first birthday. It was a grand one. Although, her parents had ask her few times about Gary's family but they never see them even once. And Gary had to lie by telling them that his parents not living in Korea. It was a blissful day for them as they ready to make their relationship known to public including their collegues at KG Comm. Of course the news still become a hot topic in the office up to this day and Jihyo had to hear bad things about their relationship that been spreading because of Hyuna. And now, she is facing the real test. His family. The family that he never bring her to see. And again she doubt about his intention in this relationship.
"What are you thinking of? Missing me?" Suddenly Gary take a seat next to her.
"Oppa..don't scare me like that. I would scream just now and its your turn to get Daemin back to sleep."
"Sorry. Come, lets eat."
Another silence while they are having their dinner. Gary find it is unusual for Jihyo to behave like that.
"Did Hyuna talk bad about you again today?"
"No. And its weird."
"Because i threatened to fire her if she continue like that."
"You can't do that! You know how much she loves you right?"
"Its not love, dear. It just a passion to have that person. And it is one sided. Don't worry."
"You will cause me to have more haters than.."
"Are you a celebrity? Why will you have the haters?"
"You are turning me to one. Now, i cannot hide myself from being marked as KG Comm CEO's girlfriend."
"Its good then. So no one will disturb us anymore. And that Tae Oh kiddo, don't be close to him."
After having dinner, Gary turn on the baby'sspeaker before joining Jihyo on the couch. Still feeling unsatisfied, Gary starts his question again.
"Is there something bothering you?" Jihyo just keep silent. Her eyes still focusing on the TV screen. Gary nudges her a little.
"Yes?" She looks at Gary's face.
"What's wrong with you?"
"Oppa, will you bring me to meet your family one day?"
Now its Gary's turn to keep silent. His eyes never leave from looking at Jihyo's face.
"I know you will react like this.." Jihyo release herself from Gary. She moves to other end of the sofa.
"Jihyo..i will bring you to meet them. But give me some times. My father will feel disrespect if we just visit him without telling him in advance. He is different from your father. He is strict person."
"Never mind oppa. Its time for you to visit your father. You left him for almost a year. Even in few occasions you come to my house instead."
"Are you chasing me out now?" 
Jihyo chuckles upon hearing his response. He had his own way to break the tension.
"Don't worry honey. Once we had their blessing, we will getting married. I promise you that." 

Gary paces around the hall. Its been almost an hour since he reaches the mansion but there is no sign of his father to come. After few minutes of sitting, he will continue to pace around. He never been that restless before. He even practising what he wants to say towards his father. After a few minutes, he can heard that his father approaching the main door to the hall.
"Father.." He bows to the old man,but once he turns his head he can see a woman assisting him together inside the hall. Gary seem tense with the presence of his step mother there.
"So now only you come and see me?" The sarcastic tone from his father brought his spirit down.
"I'm sorry for not pay visit to you. You know with all theworks pilling up.."
"Works? Or because of that woman in your house?" Again Gary was stunned by his father's words. He saw a smirk face made by his step mother.
"Are you trying to ruin my reputation, Kang Gary?!" Mr Kang already lost his patience. Mrs Kang already come to his sideto comfort her husband.
"Is not what you are thinking. She is a pure lady, she can bring me the happiness that i lost since mother left me. You never understand my feeling."
"Is that how you answersyour father? With that tone?" Mrs Kang interrupted. Her eyes caught atGary's. Soon after that, Gary walks to her. He grips her arm before slightly pushes her aside.
"You are not in the position to question my attitude. Sorry, but this is our family's issue." He spoke to the woman. 
"Yeobo! Look what he is doing!"
"Yah, Gary ah. She is your mother." Mr Kang tries to release the grip but Gary doesn't move a bit. His eyes looks at the woman with full hatred.
"I thought we can have a good talk with a nice coffee.  Talk to me like what father will talk to his son but i am wrong. You never miss me, you never need me in your life. I know my decision to leave this house is not doubtful anymore. From now on, we are no longer a family." With that Gary left the couple in the hall.

Jihyo is feeding Daemin his dinner. Occasionally, she will glances at her phone. In case she missed any messages or call from Gary. But there is none. She already expecting Gary to spend his night at his parents's house. 
After patting Daemin to sleep, she heard the main door open. She rushes to the front but find out that Seojun is helping drunken Gary inside.
"Did he drank a lot?" jihyo asks while helping Seojun to bring Gary to the bedroom.
"I think so. He is mad soon after he left the mansion. He kept mumbling his hatreful to his father along the way here."
"Just left him here. I need to clean him. Thank you Seojun ssi."
"Luckily you are here and the baby already asleep. Good night." Seojun left the house. Jihyo sighs as she is helping Gary to change his clothes.
"Honey..." A hoarse voice stops her action. She looks at the owner of the voice. Gary still in his drunken state but he kept mumbling her name then. Jihyo slowly caresses his cheek.
"Oppa, i'm here. Why you drunk so much?"
Gary grabs her hands before slowly opens his eyes.
"Don't leave me. I don't have anyone else in this life. I..don't have ...nobody..only you." 
"I will not leave you. I am here."
"It is pain...very painful. Here.. Everyone abandoned me..."Gary repeatedly pointing towards his left chest. Jihyo seem to understand his feeling and his loneliness all this years. She caresses his chest before put her head on that point comfortably.
"Sleep well oppa. I will always be here for you." It is very emotional night for them. Gary never really expresseshis feeling before but looking at his semi conscious condition now, he is really honest with his words. Without reading his face, Jihyo can feel what he is having now.

*its very dry chapter but i try to update the story