Chapter 24

Woman who can't cry, Man who can't smile

 Chapter 24

 

Hi guys im back again after a year! Sorry because i seem cant accept the reality of the broken of mondaycouple but i still owe you guys the continuation of this story. My bias is Song Jihyo so i kinda of getting new idea for this story as to match with my new ship! So enjoy and continue read

 

(Dont worry my new ship obviously not from RM members with our lovely Jihyo. Im sick already with variety couple 😪

 

 

************************************

 

Seoul, Korea

 

Gary held the old hand tightly while looking at the face who brought him as what he is now. His father just been diagnosed for and his condition is not good as it seem to be. His stepmother entered the room, rushing to her husband side.

"Yeobo! What happened to you?"

"Can't you see? He is unconscious. He can't answer you." Gary looks at her face while speak. 

"What did the doctor say? Can they save him?"

"Why? You hoping that they cant do anything?" Gary's face near to Mrs Kang

"What?! Can't you see i'm worried for him. How could you said like that to me?"

"Maybe because i live with all your lies before so i only see the drama directed by you"

"Kang Gary!!" Mrs Kang raise her hand to hit his face but Gary able to stop her hand.

"Where were you this morning? Why you are not by his side when he is sick? Do you know he is suffering from headcahe all this while?" Gary asks in front of Mrs Kang face.

"Stop it!" Tae Oh interrupted the heated argument. He came in between them. Shin Yin also enters the room together with Daemin who quickly held his father hand.

Realizing that there is a kid in the room, Gary quickly carries Daemin with him to exit the room. Leaving other 3 adult in the room with Mr Kang.

 

********************************

 

Boston

 

Jihyo looks around her. She is attending the cocktail party held by one of their associates. As to expand their business relationship woth other company and shareholder, she willing to join Seojun and Manager Kim tonight. But she is leaving alone once they entered the place. Suddenly she felt lonely and missing someone. But she already promised herself and her family to move on.

"We are not coming here for sightseeing.." Sharp voice can be heard by her side. She does not need to turn to the side to see the owner of the voice.

"Seojun ssi, i'm sorry but i already declined the invitation this afternoon. You are the one who instructed me to go without telling me what and who i need to see."

"Oh.. I thought you are brilliant in this job. You know who will be the next target. Isn't it?" He whispers with full of sarcastic tone.

Jihyo held her patience up. She really need to vent it out towards his face now. All the crticizes, the scolding which seem to be part of his revenge, she had to take it. Eventhough she didn't knew what Mr Kang had done to his family and she is not the one to pay for what their claimed.

Jihyo took a glass of cocktail from a table and leave seojun alone. She walks into a group of people who seem to have a good time chatting.

'I should join them. Seem they are nice people..'

She stands in between them and smiles to people next to her. They are laughing to the joke tells by one of the man. The man who is his late 30s is a good looking man with a broad and nice smile everytime he talks. His smile is infectious and without knowing Jihyo smiles to his story. she is attracted to his voice, his charisma and the way he responds to others.

"Hi, i never see you before. You are?" His English is fluent

"Song Jihyo. Im working with Paragon"

"Korean?" His face is delighted when hearing Jihyo. Jihyo nods her head.

"Oh my god! Finally i can see a beauty from Korea, my home. Park Si Hoo.." They shakes hand in front of others while he kept telling other people how he miss his hometown. 

"Your face didn't look like a Korean." Jihyo ask him when other people left both of them behind.

"Many of my associates said the same thing. By the way, how long you been in Paragon? Seriously i never see you before."

" about a year.."

"Oh no wonder. I always come to Paragon before but seem like they didnt like to do anymore deal with us." He tells Jihyo in a joke way.

"I don't think so. Or maybe you are the one who declined us." 

"Let's see what we can offer in future. So what's the deal?" Si Hoo points towards a space for more privacy. They discussed about the deal in detail. They admire each other without them realizing. After a while, Jihyo excuses herself to join her team.

"Anyone interested?" Manager Kim asks

"Here..he will update me when he will come to us." Jihyo shows the namecard she got from Si Hoo just now.

Manager Kim almost spit out his drinks when he saw the name.

"Park Si Hoo? How did you able to approach this spoilt kid?"

"Spoilt kid? He is nice person."

"Don't tell Seojun about this meeting. I warned you." Jihyo blinks her eyes confused. 'What is this?'

 

**********

 

Seoul

Mr Kang already been discharged home after nearly a month been hospitalized. He still semi coma amd required full assistance for his daily living needs. Mrs Kang already paid a maid and home nurse for that. When Gary is not around, she will treat Mr Kang roughly and always nag around when she is tired. Currently, Gary replaced his father's position at main branch while he sub his work to Donghoon eventhough Tae Ho offers his help. Due to his new responsibility, he unable to spend time with Daemin who left alone at the mansion. To fill his lonely time, he will visit his grandfather and told stories to him. Occasionally, he will draw and writes letter for Jihyo. 

 

Shin Yin enters the house when it is nighttime. She cannot see his husband's car so she bet he still in his office. There is no one welcomes her home. She goes to Daemin's room as she realized its been long time she saw her son.

'Son..' She laughs to herself when she heards that word from . She never get a hug from her own son.

She opens the door slowly when no answer after she knocks the door. Daemin is fast aslept on the bed. She slowly sit on the bed and caresses his son hair. Tears threatened to fall when she remembers how he hates her and accuse her for the lost of his 'mother'. 

"Daemin ah, omma loves you. You are the reason i held on to this life now. Even appa hates me, i still have you. I just need you. Don't hate omma."

After kiss her son, Shin Yin left the room. At that time, she saw the door to Mr Kang's room is open. She slowly enters the room and she saw Mrs Kang stands next to a table full of medications. Before she able to greet Mrs Kang, she saw that lady throw all the pills from its container into a plastic bag and exchange it with another box of pills. She quickly hides behind a wall as she suspects that Mrs Kang is doing something bad to Mr Kang's medication. She gets her phone and recorded the action. 

'Now you have to listen to my instruction, old lady.' She left the room with a winning smile plastered on her face.

 

*******

 

Boston

 

"What is he doing here? And how come he knew about our latest project?" Seojun pulls Manager Kim to the side when he saw Park Si Hoo sitting at their meeting room. They are having meeting with all potential shareholder of their mega project in which was kept private and confidentiality since past 1 month. Only a potential business holder will be invited today.

"How did i know? I never meet him since..." Manager Kim replies to Seojun while he is worried his boss will make an action drama later.

"Aishhh.." He sighs and like something had strucks his mind, he opens his eyes before mentioning a name, "Song Jihyo."

 

"How come i didn't know you make a deal with that bastard?" Seojun hit Jihyo's table when he confirms about Park Si Hoo from Jihyo.

"I..i..i don't know there is certain people you need to avoid."

"I'm not avoiding! He is prohibited from my company. Remember that!"

"How could i know all the people you hate and you like when all you did just humiliating and scolding me!" Suddenly Jihyo burst out her anger to him. Seojun was taken back a bit seeing her fight back.

"Okay. Fine. Now i need you to re draw him back from this deal."

" but, he already knew about the detail. The history might repeat.." Manager Kim interrupted

Silence. Seojun is thinking a way to remove Park Si Hoo.

"What he had done to you? Can't you just forget about the past and let this be the opportunity to turn over new leaf." Jihyo speaks to break the silence.

"Are you writing a drama script? We fight then we patch up to build new life?" Seojun glares at her. Jihyo pouts her lips and cursed inside.

"Do you really hate me that much, brother?" Suddenly a voice heard from the door which make everyone turns to the side. Park Si Hoo stands by the door but not with his nice smile. He is serious and his eyes looking to Seojun who refused to turn his back.

Awkward. That what been felt by Jihyo now. She looks at Manager Kim asking for a clue on what the hell happened before but seem they didn't understand sign language each other.

"You know i never want to left this company. I love dad and i will never forget Paragon. But if you take the deal last time, we will lost it." Si Hoo calmy opens the truth.

"So you want me to thank you for saving us? As what people always call you, a man with angelic smile and honest words, you think i will believe your lie?"

"Then do you willing to give half of dad's hardwork to them? We don't have much last time. If i didn't make a move last time, you will never sitting here. I build another company to take your deal as i know the trick they play but you never realize it. Once they knew the company they deal with is just a dummy, the project stop half way. Its not your fault the failure of the project. Its the corruption they initiated. They are after dad's and i will do everything to protect them."

Jihyo tries to digest all the info she gets. Too many information in one time make her giddy.

"Park Seojun.." Si Hoo approachs his brother but Seojun avoids him and left the room.