Chapter 12

Woman who can't cry, Man who can't smile

"Who is Kim Tae Oh, oppa? You look tense when Manager Ha mentioned his name." Jihyo asks Gary once she sure that Gary is relaxing from his stress of the day. Gary just keep quiet. Since they reach his home, he just tell her about others thing not work related but everyone know that the highlight issue today is they are having new president!
"Its okay oppa..i know you are not ready to share with me. At least you will be in KG Comm right?" Jihyo lie on his chest while caressing it softly. There must be something about that guy. Gary looks up to the ceiling while tightening his hug. He can't sleep even after an hour of silence. His mind wandering to his meeting with his father this morning.

Flashback
"Father, i thought you want to dispel me from the board? Why must you bring that man in this company?" Gary barged into Mr. Kang's roomsoon after the meeting.
"Kang Gary, you are my son. I know what you have in your mind. If i kick you out from this company, its not possible for you to build another one right? Beside, i know you already had almost all of the board members with you. So before i get defeated by my own son, i rather sold my shares to him. At least he had fresh and clean background to get the trust back."

"Kim Tae Oh? You called that person as clean? I bet your wife said that!"
"Enough Kang Gary. She is your mother. Although she didn't give birth to you, she is the one who take care all your needs this few years."
"She is not! I never admit her as one. Can't you see it father? How she influenced you in all your decision at Celesta? Now what? She is using her nephew to control mine also?"
"Kim Tae Oh is an icon as a young businessman. You see how he able to manage the big company of Kim family in Sydney? We are lucky to have him here."

"I know you just said this to make me better but i know you are punishing me now. Whatever it is, i will not back off. There is no chance for her family to interrupt my territory here!" Gary was full of anger and ready to pull the door knob when Tae Oh enters the room.
"Oh Gary ssi! I search for you just now. What is this? Are you bidding farewell to your father?" Gary just hate anything about this man. He glares at him.
"I think you need to bring me along in this company. I'm afraid i will be lost here. Right, samchon?" Je winks at Mr Kang who still sitting on his chair, pretending not heard the conversation.
"Just tell your assistant to do that. I had work to do." Gary purposely pushes him aside while walking towards the door. Tae Oh smirks to his reaction.

"Let him be. He is upset about something." Mr Kang replies calmly. 

End of flashback

"Tell me when you see Manager Ha okay? I need to discuss with him urgently." Jihyo pass the message through intercom to Haha's secretary. She continue to read the final proposal of their new project but keep it blank at few spots for discussion.
After a while, she can heard Haha's voice outside her room. Without waiting for reply from his secretary, Jihyo straight away goes to his room.
"Manager Ha, i need you to..." Her words stop as she see her manager not alone but with their new president, Tae Oh. The man looks at her without leaving his gaze from her. Feeling embarassed, Jihyo bows lightly to him and mumbles sorry before Haha calls her.
"Wait Jihyo ah, this is our new president, Kim Tae Oh. Sir, this is one of our project engineer, Song Jihyo." Haha introduces both of them. Instead of bowing to each other, Tae Oh pulls out his hand for a shake. Jihyo awkwardly replies to him after receive a glare from Haha. 
"In other countries, we use handshake. To me, its more diligent than a bow. I need to practise it here, in our company." Tae Oh speaks proudly. Both Haha and Jihyo were not agree to it as it like changing their culture in their own country.
"So Song Jihyo ssi, how long you been here?"
"2 years sir."
"How is it?"
"It is the best place i will say. Having a good teammate, a kind leader.."
"Blah..blah..usual compliment i will heard from the staff. But behind my back, there will be a lot of complaint, isn't it?" Jihyo shakes her head.
"Tell me, what do you want me to change here? What can i do to be a better than your best place of work?"
"No..nothing sir."
"Hmm..you look naive and honest. I'm sure you had few secret to hide. Wait..are you the one take over the project in Busan recently?"
"Yes sir."
"Oh..no wonder your name is familiar. Mr Kang praise you a lot but unfortunately, if his son did not make a chaos on his supposed engagement day, i bet you already got a raise! But sorry you had to impress me first..a lot. And i warn you and your team, i'm not an easy person like what i'm look." Both Haha and Jihyo nod their head while exchanging glance as saying, 'What the hell is this man want?'

The rest of the week is a hectic for all staff in KG Comm as the new appointed president made such a big changes in the company. Although most of the time Gary will argue with him but the staff had to proceed with the most superior's order. Gary always went home late at night as he don't want to face his staffs because he didn't want them to pity him as his own company being 'sold' to the guy. He didn't dare to meet Jihyo also even in his heart, he always miss her. Its been a week since their last meeting at home. Jihyo kept herself busy as she knows Gary need his own space when he is upset over something. She just giving him sometime before he ready to tell everything.
It is Friday and Jihyo had to send their team evaluation report to President as what been asked by him this morning. Haha is busy attending another meeting and he had to ask Jihyo for that. Upon reaching the door at the top level of the building, she saw Gary exits his room. They stared at each other before Gary pulls her to secluded area afar from people's attention.
"Are you looking for me?" He sounds concern. He holding her hands all the time.
"No oppa. I'm sending this..to Mr Kim."
"Tae Oh?! No..no..you can't meet him. I will send to him by myself." He already pulls the files from her but she pulls it back.
"Oppa, calm down! What if he suspects about us? I know he is part of your family and with your recent argument with your father, it is not good for us now."
"But why you? Where are the others? Where is Hyuna? She is assistant manager, she should be the one who send it." 
"Its not a big deal, oppa. Manager Ha asks me to send it."
"Donghoon? I'll call him.." Gary frown as waiting for Haha to pick up his call.
"Yah Ha Donghoon! Where are you now?" Jihyo touches his arm lightly and told him to be calm.
"Oh Gary ssi! I just finish my meeting with the shareholder. Why?"
"How could you send Jihyo to Kim Tae Oh? You think she is your dispatch girl? You know how much i want to avoid that guy and same with Jihyo! I don't want her to deal with him, okay?"
"Gary ah..i already tell him i will send Hyuna but he purposely and specifically ask for Jihyo. I can't say no to him."
"What?! What is he trying to do? Fine, i will handle this matter." He shoves his phone back into his pocket while sigh deeply to control his anger. He watches his woman in front who looks blank as usual about their conversation just now.
"Send that quickly. I'll wait here. You have 5..no..no 2minutes to send that. If you not come out by that time i will make you out from there. Go.." He release her hand without looking back at her.

"It takes you ages to send that damn report." Tae Oh speaks soon after seeing Jihyo shown at his door.
"I'm sorry..i've been handling few issues downstairs."
"Is it? Take a seat first.." Jihyo slowly took seat in front of him but she can't help to glance at her watch.
"Are you rushing? You should not do that in front of your boss." Tae Oh asks him but his eyes never leave the file he is holding on.
"No. Its just..an issue.." Before she able to complete her sentences, a ring from her phone stops her. she bows to him before picks up the call.
"Ne.."
"Come out now.." Gary told her over the phone.
"How can i?" She almost whisper over the phone. Whatever happened between this two man, she just sick of it.
"Song Jihyo ssi!" Tae Oh raise his voice for attention. Jihyo had to end the call immediately and looks up at the man.
"Are you working now?"
"Yes sir. I'm sorry..the staff down there asking for me." She lied to him.
"Alright. I will continue to read this but..i will call you personally if i need a clarification. Okay?"
"Yes sir. Thank you." She bows to him and rushes to the door. 
"Song Jihyo! Are you free this weekend?" Tae Oh speaks informally out of sudden. Jihyo turns to him.
"I want to ask you for dinner. Are you okay with that? What type of food do you prefer?"
"I'm sorry sir but i think i can't make it." She is afraid to reject the man's invitation.
"Its okay..you owe me a date then. Lets try to find a time later." He speaks calmly and smile at her. She smiles back awkwardly.
Once she exits the room, Gary already waiting in front of his room.
"What make it so long?" He asks her while pulling her afar.
"Heis scary..how can i just go out like that?" Jihyo answers to him back. Gary moves back while looking at her.
"Did he do anything to you?"
"No oppa." Jihyo keep from telling him about the date.
"Oh Jihyo ah. I know this week is very hectic for us, i had planned for a vacation. For us this weekend."
"Really oppa? Oh, you are the best!"
"Where are we going?"
"Its a secret. Later, i will help you to pack." He kiss her cheek before left her.

Kim Tae Oh's eyes wandering around the coffee club. He is looking for someone when he saw a middle aged lady wavers her hand to him. He smiles at her.
"Mrs Kang..imo! Why are we meeting here? I thought you loves that mansion so much?"
"Tae Oh ah, you know its not safe to discuss in that house. There is few spy there. So how is it?"
"If its not about you, i will let go the company. I will rather stay in Sydney than looking after that small company."
"Aigoo..you are such a baby. I only had you to rely on. My husband really cannot control that boy. I need to teach him a lesson."
"Why you have all the hatred for him all this years?"
"You don't know what will happen in future. Before he able to kick me out from the house, i will make sure he owe me..us."
"You are planning something right? I don't know anything but i just follow your order. I'm not really into this industry."
"We will see the progression. I want him to beg me once he lost everything." 
"But imo..that Kang gary actually has well established company been set up with him. His company is doing good. He is really following his father and how he loves the company."
"Thats why i need you to interfere in that. It is his weakness."
"Can i change the contract also? Since i'm the president, i should make a difference in the contract right?"
"Up to you. Why are you talking about the contract? Don't tell me you adjusting the pay?"
"No..no..there is some clause that i need to remove." Tae Oh smiling as thinking about his own plan. There should be a love affair in office for him.
"By the way, have you find someone with him?" Mrs Kang interrupting his daydream.
"Who? kang Gary?"
"Who else i'm interesting to know.."
"As i said earlier, he really into his job. I think he lie about another woman in his life. For this one week, he went to his home alone." Mrs Kang still not satisfied, she knew there is something been hid by his stepson.
Since the episode 'No Engagement Happened' last 2 weeks, she cannot stand to see her husband keep his soft side towards his only son. All her friends make fun of her family and she is so embarrased with that as no rich heir want to be part of her arrangement anymore. She is worried about her fate in Kang family if her husband decide to retire soon. She didn't have her own heir to rely on and she is not in good term with her stepson. She kept arranged marriage for him with the woman she can control so she can continue her title as Mrs Kang.

"Oppa! Its tiring like this..where are you now?" Jihyo calls him soon after she reaches Jeju Airport. They fly to Jeju on friday night but in different flight schedule to avoid anyone.
"Sorry dear. I'm already check in the resort. Find Mr Lee at the arrival bay, he will you here."
"Aishhh..you and your secret plan." She ended up the call while smiling widely. She already imagine their sweet and memorable vacation here.
Soon after 20minutes of ride, she already stand in front of the room. Before she able to ring the bell, Gary already open up for her.
"I miss you.." He already grabs her hand and pulls her inside the room. It is a suite which been decorated in romantic way. Jihyo's eyes full of happiness and surprised at same time. In a short time, Gary able to do all this.
"How is it?" Gary asks her while hugging her waist from behind. He landed few kisses on her neck.
"Wah oppa, you never been like this before. What did i do to you?"
"I just want to be romantic from usual. With you. Sorry if i cause you to be aware all the time because of our secret relationship."
"Its okay oppa, it is challenging actually. This is how we kept our relationship alive." They enjoy their moment together for a while before having their dinner. While dining, Gary told her about Kim Tae Oh.
"He is my stepmother's nephew and he is also my college mate. We are close before but he betrayed me one day."
"What happen oppa?"
"His company took over our million project when i'm still in Celesta Tech. And knowing that he use my stepmother to get the project and you know what..my father did not say anything about that. Even after i reveal to him who is behind the plan. That's why i left him and build my own company. He never can get rid of that woman and i wonder if he ever loves my own mother. Is having me is just an accident? Is that why he always ignore me?"
"Oppa, don't say that. Your father loves you. You see how you grew up, where you get your education. Did he ever let you starve for food? He only care about you. A man had their own way to show his love to their children."
"But your father is different. I can feel the warmth of his love even for one day."
"Do what i said oppa. Cherish this time with your father when he still alive. He only have you. Just close your one eye from seeing his weakness." Gary nods his head, he gripping her hand tightly as agreement. No matter what happen, he promise to himself not to be like his father.

Since this is the first honeymoon vacation for them, they agree not to bring up more issue regarding company and family. It just their own time before they had to go back facing the reality. During daytime, they will visit few places together. Gary who sense that someone is watching them had to make sure they are in disguise all the time. Eventhough initially Jihyo refused to obey but looking at how apart they are walking, she had to follow his plan.
And when night time, the couple will spend most of time in hotel room. Gary is making sure that they use all the time together fulfilling their passion and love. During last night of their trip, they just cuddle with each other on the bed while watching some movie. 
"Oppa, how long we will be like this?" Jihyo had a courage to ask Gary about this. She had been wanting to ask him all the time but she is worried about his answer. Gary looks down at her face to make sure she is not joking around.
"Why? Are you tired with me?"
"No oppa. I never been this happy with a man before. You really make me forget about crying." She caresses his  bare chest showing her affection.
"Jihyo ah, will you marry me?" The sudden question from struck Jihyo. She froze all of sudden. Her face blushed. Gary who is waiting for her answer pulls her to face him when she just keep silent.
"Is that what you want? Every relationship should end up in marriage and live happily ever after?" He sounds sarcastic which made Jihyo stares at him back.
"Did you ever have that thing in your mind? Or is it just me?" Jihyo frowned a bit.
"I ever thought of marrying you but i'm afraid you will be sick of me..my family." 
"Oppa, if i agree to marry you then i agree to accept you as a whole no matter who is your family. I had to accept them."
"Really? So the answer is yes?" His eyes glint with happiness.
"What? Are you really propose to me just now? No..no..i don't want it that way. Do it again!"
"Yah! How many times i need to do? Come here..you demanding princess!" Gary tickles her and pushes her to be on her top. Jihyo smiles as knowing what will happen next.
"If you ready to marry me, then are you ready to make your own family?" Jihyo asks in her seductive way while caressing his jaw line.
"Now i'm sure and I'm always ready for you..."Gary answers in his own way before catching up her lips.

After their sweet moment during that short vacation, they need to continue their life in Seoul. After hearing about Tae Oh, Jihyo kept her distance from him. And at the same time, both her and Gary always been in caution mode as to avoid been caught until the issue from his family been cool down. They had reduced the number they will visit each other and most of the night, the just spend time alone.

It was another night after her busy schedule at office. Jihyo just ended her phone call withh Gary as he was bit worried for Jihyo to getting home late in the rainy weather. Jihyo was opening her umbrella and running towards the entrance of her apartment lobby when she noticed a lady sitting covering her face. She is worried as the rain is getting heavier and the woman seem cannot enter the lobby. 
"Miss..do you leave here? Did you forgot to bring your pass card?" She asks politely in the rain. Jihyo was pulling her shoulder for the lady to face her.
"No..." The lady is shivering. Jihyo noticed that she is covering something in front of her chest. She was shocked when seeing that 'thing' is moving and that was when she noticed that it was a baby she is been holding to. Without hesitation, Jihyo pulls her into the lobby.
"You are shivering...and the baby. Take this, keep him warm." Jihyo lend her sweater to the lady. 
"Thank you..i don't know where to go.." She is crying while comforting the baby.
"Don't worry. I will give you a place for you and the baby to sleep tonight. He will be sick if stay out tonight."
The lady smiles to her, she really appreciates her kindness.