Chapter 7

Woman who can't cry, Man who can't smile

It is Sunday night and Gary had to fulfill his father request to meet with his friend's family at their mansion for dinner. It is not first time for him to have this arrangement but when times for Gary to meet their daughter alone, he will never turn up. He only make favor for his father. Once he enters the house, he been greets by few maids and butlers. They bring him to the dining room. He walks towards his seat without took any glance to the guests.
"Oh here is my son, Kang Gary. Gary ah, this is Mr Yoo and his wife." Gary bows to them before watching her step mother at his side who grabbing his arm.
"Wait Gary. You should greet that young lady. See how sweet she is. Right, honey?" Mr Kang nods his head as agreement. Gary looks at that lady and bows slightly.
"Kang Gary." He introduces himself. "Yoo Se Kyung." The lady smiles politely but her heart is cursing at Gary who looks arrogant and cold towards him.
The dinner continue with the discussion about their business and some political issue. Gary starts to feel bored. He just about to stand up when his stepmother pulls him to sit back. She whispers to him.
"Don't you dare to stand up before this dinner finish. Have some respect to your father." With that Gary remains seated. Se Kyung who watches that been awkard as Gary looks back at her. She quickly looks down. To kill sometime, Gary takes his phone from his pocket. His fingers scrolling his messages application and reading few message history from Jihyo. After he been discharged from hospital, he rarely gives her a call. They will continue in contact via messaging each other.
'What are you doing?' He send the message to Jihyo
Few minutes later, a light from the phone indicates the notification of new message. 
'I'm having dinner with my family. You?'
'Same with you but i bet your dinner must be more lively and joy.'
'Try to appreciate your time with your father when he still in this world.'
':-('

"Kang Gary, so what are your opinion?" Suddenly Mr Yoo asks him loudly. Gary who is in his own world nearly cause his phone to fall on the floor.
"Wh..what? Sorry, i'm discussing with my assistant."
"About our joint venture. Mr Yoo here would like to invest in your company as he wants to enter Asia market." Mr Kang already made his voice stern to sound as warning to Gary.
"Oh..yes. Its good, yeah.... its good. I am glad that we can have more investor for the company."
"That's why we all thinking it will be good if you guys get married soon so you can focus more on Celesta Tech and leave KG Comm to Mr Yoo."
"What?! How could you.. Father, enough with all this arrangement and joint venture! KG Comm is mine and i build it up from my own effort. How can you just give this to outsider? Is it not enough for you to sell your own son? Now, you want to sell my property also?! KG Comm is mine and forever mine!" Gary stands up and left the room. He straight away drives out from the mansion. His anger is build up and he need to release it. 

Gary reaches in front of Jihyo's apartment but then only he realized Jihyo is at her parents' house. He calls his assistant but no answer. He then decides to spend his night at famous club in the town.

Jihyo glances at Haha's room but the person she is looking for is not there. Both Haha and Gary is not in their office since this morning. Jihyo continue her works when she heard Haha's voice from outside looking for Mrs Park. 
"Song Jihyo ssi, can you come to my room now." Haha asks her through intercom. Jihyo quickly rushes to his room. Once she enters the room, Mrs Park already sits on the chair and looking worriedly at him.
"Why you look so mess on Monday morning? Have you get your shower?" She starts to nag like a mother to her son.
"Mrs Park, i had prepared for work this morning but i had to fetch our CEO."
"Mr Kang? What happened to him?" Jihyo was surprised on mentioning Gary's name. She just kept silent to hear the conversation.
"He called me this morning as he can't reach Seojun ssi. He ended up at someone's apartment and he didn't know where he is."
"Is he been kidnapped or what?"
"He is sleeping at some girl's house last night. Should be tiring this morning. He took leave today." Jihyo gasped at the words. Suddenly she feel betrayed. She never thought Gary will treat her like this. All of his confession before is all lie. To Jihyo, Gary is not the man of his words and she is only another woman in his life. After been rejected by her, he will found another girl.
"Oh Song Jihyo. Come and have a seat. Are you okay? You look pale." Haha asks him.
"Yes, i'm okay. It just Monday blues i think."
"Seriously. Usually you are all hype up on monday."
"Is it?" Jihyo then realized that she always looking forward to Monday as that day, she will see Gary at her office but after hearing the news just now, she became passive.
'Why am i feeling like this? Am i jealous right now? Should..should i been jealous about that?' Jihyo kept questioning herself since then.

Jihyo turns her phone to silent mode after she receives few unanswered calls from Gary. She don't want to have any relationship with this man. Its been a week, she is avoiding him again. This time, she is determined to treat him just like her boss. Feeling stress with the situation right now, Jihyo decides to go for a walk at nearby park for night breeze. While strolling around the park, she notices few couples sit on the benches, plays at swing. She smiles looking at them but deep inside her heart, she envy with them. However, she then notices a familiar woman who leans over a car while holding a man's arm. Jihyo walks slowly to the car to confirm her suspicion.
"MinAh?" Without she realized, she almost shout the woman's name. MinAh turns to her and quickly release her hold at that man. Then only Jihyo notices the man's face.
"Kim Woobin? MinAh? Are you guys dating?" Jihyo still shocks with what she saw.
"Jihyo ah, what..are you doing here?" MinAh asks her.
"I'm getting some air. Wait, you guys had to answers my question first."
"Jihyo, we need to talk." MinAh then brought her to Woobin.
"We have date for almost a year now. You know this is the only things we can do, secretly date outside. Keep lower as we still in the contract. I had to reject him for few times but he kept coming to me. Its not i never avoid it to happen but the feeling of longing and missing each other everytime we bump each other at the office make us to decide. It is not easy in the beginning but we had to be strong for it." MinAh told her everything.
"And all the difficulty we go through make our love stronger each day. I know i cannot expect much from this relationship, it just remain in this level but as long as we have each other, i am blessed." Woobin add in. They able to convince Jihyo to keep silent about this. She respects the truth and honesty in their love. True what people said that the harder the love is,  more sweet it can be.
"So you guys just go with the flow until the contract ended?" 
"Yup. Unless you dating the CEO or the President, you should not worry about the contract." Woobin's words spank to jihyo's ears. 
Back at her home, Jihyo had long thought about Woobin's words.
'They are so sweet together eventhough they know the risks that they taking. If me and Gary date, will it be like that? Aishh..why am i thinking i will be dating him? Song Jihyo, he is not a good man. Remember what he had done..'

Gary runs towards the elevator. He need to be in there. After waiting for almost an hour since early this morning, he now able to see Jihyo. While having a conversation with some of his staffs at the lobby, he had to dismiss them to run for Jihyo before she able to escape again.
"Oh, Mr CEO!" About 8 people inside the elevator shocked seeing his face in front of the elevator but still giving him a way inside. Lucky for him, as Jihyo is standing at the back unable to run away from him. Slowly, most of the people inside the elevator left for their level but when its reaches Jihyo's level, Gary grabbed her arm to his back as to prevent remaining people from seeing them struggling each other.
"Follow me..please.." He whispers to her when people not seeing. Jihyo stops her struggling but sigh in frustration.
Once they reaches the top level, nobody was inside the elevator. Gary who still holding jihyo's arm tightly, brings her to his room. He didn't care the greet from his assistant and secretary.
"Sorry, i had to do this. Is there something wrong i had done? Why you avoiding me again?"
"Mr Kang, i'm sorry i am not comfortable to talk about our personal matters in the office." Jihyo avoided his eyes. She kept looking on the floor.
"Jihyo, there is no one here. Talk to me as casual as before."
"You are my boss and i am respecting that. There is nothing to discuss here. I had to make my leave. Excuse me.."
"Song Jihyo, enough!!" Gary scream in his anger. He already hits the desk in front of him. Jihyo startled at that, she slowly paces backward. She is afraid of what he might do to her. After calming down a bit, Gary took his seat.
"Am i only your boss? Why you kept avoiding me? You know about my feeling towards you, why can't you understand me?" He kept rubbing his side of the head, to control himself from his anger. He knows Jihyo scared of him now.
"I..i try to made up my heart. I can't accept you. Each time i try, i can't see the path to the relationship you ask for. I keep hearing and seeing the side of you that i don't want to know." Jihyo tells him in her low tone.
"What do you hear about me? Tell me, Jihyo please tell me.." Gary already stands next to her. He is holding both of her hand. after hesitating and Gary kept pushing her, she tells about the story she heard the last Monday.
"Is that what DongHoon told you? That guy! Aish.." 
"But Jihyo, are you having any feeling to me that time? It sound you are jealous about that?" Jihyo widened her eyes upon hearing that. She quickly release her hands from Gary.
"I..i don't need to hear your explaination. If you don't mind, i need to get back to my office." With then Jihyo rushes towards the door leaving Gary who is already feels happy after seeing her reactions.
"You just need time to show it Song Jihyo. I love you!" Jihyo who heard the words can't help but smiling to it. She knows she already been caught about her truly feeling but she need time to trust him.

Yoona watches her friend who is looking blankly towards the monitor. They are having small discussion at jihyo's room but she seems out of nowhere. 
"Jihyo ah, are you okay?"
"Oh..what? What is it?" 
"I am asking you but it seems that you not hearing anything what i said all this while."
"Sorry Yoona. Can we discuss this after lunch? I should treat you today."
"Now,tell me. What is your problem?"
"Yoona..can you keep a secret?" After waiting for a while, Jihyo starts to open again.
"Why? Anything you want to share with me?"
"Have you been in love before? How will you differentiate if the feeling is a love or just a crush?"
"Are you dating someone?"
"Its not that kind of dating. Most of time, it just phone date. He ever confess to me but i kind reject him. But i will felt betrayed, jealous if seeing or hearing him with other woman. What shoukd i do?"
"Do you think about him in your dream? Do you have him in mind when you are thinking about marriage, dating?" Jihyo nodded her head.
"Then, you love him! Simple.. Who is that lucky guy?"
"Err..i can't tell you. I'm still figuring myself to accept him."
"Jihyo ah, that is not normal for you to feel this way to any man. If there is a man that make you feel attached to him, you can't imagine you lost him, feel secured and happy around him, feeling the similarity then the man is meant to you. I can't say that it is 100% proved, but its what any normal couple will have."
Jihyo feel assured after hearing Yoona's opinion. She should give Gary chance to prove his feeling. Suddenly, Haha enters the room.
"Song Jihyo ssi, i need you to be in our branch in Taiwan."
"What? When is it?"
"I will send you with HeeChul. There will be few people from marketing team and IT team. Is that okay with you?"
"Sure. I'm good."
"Great. Then you need to go tomorrow morning. Please be prepare. You might need to be there for a month."

Haha still in his office even all of his staffs already went back at this hour. It is already 10pm when he heard the sounds from front door. After a while, Gary made his apperance at his office. Haha laughs after seeing his bestfriend.
"Why are you here at this hour? Do you need a lift to somewhere?" 
"Ha Donghoon! Can you tell me why are you doing all this?" Gary grabbed Haha's collar shirt soon after he walks to him. Haha startled but remain calm after that.
"Release me first. I had my explaination." Gary pushes Haha to his seat. His eyes watches intensely towards his friend.
"First you tell her about my one nightstand. Now you send her to Taiwan? For a month? Why are you doing this to me?!"
"Gary ah, i don't want you to fall deeper. You can't do this. You will hurt her in future. Treat her well please. She can't be with you."
"I can change her contract. I will pay for the rep money if she had to."
"Are you willing to do that? How about your father? Can he accept that?"
"He will never know about her existence in this company. But you! Keep her alone..if not i will change her department."
"She already agree to be there in Taiwan. Don't mess with our company plan."
"I will find a way.." Gary left Haha soon after that. Haha watches as his friend leaving him. He never seen Gary so determined like that.

Hyuna walks as seductively as she can towards the 12th floor. She had prepare herself to see Gary this morning. She needs to get few documents been fetched to him before 12pm. While passing the secretary's desk, she saw Gary's assistant looking panic when talking to his secretary.
"Kim Hyuna ssi, what are you doing here? Can i help you?" The secretary greet her.
"Is Mr CEO inside? I need to give him this document."
"Oh i think you need to fetch it after 2 days. He just give me the message."
"Is he sick? Is he taking a vacation leave?"
"It so sudden. This morning, he told me to cancel his appointment as he is going to Taiwan."
"Taiwan?!" Hyuna widened her eyes. If only she accepts Haha's offer yesterday.