Chapter 8

Against all expectations

Jessica hit her pillow. A couple of tears escaped from her eyes. Her dad had demanded her to get out from her room and talk with him. Right now, after listening him, she felt so angry...

'You're dating that girl?', 'Are you out of your mind?', 'Don't you realise you have a little sister who looks up to you? You need to show a good example to her, and what are you doing? Bringing home some girl.'

This was Jessica's business, it wasn't about Krystal! Her dad couldn't tell her who she's allowed to be with, he couldn't stop her seeing Yoona. Why did he has to be such an idiot?

'I don't want to see that girl in my house ever again!'

Tears came down her cheeks. It hurt her to hear him say that. Yoona was one of the most important things in Jessica's life right now, the one who made her happy. Why couldn't dad understand that? Why couldn't he approve?...

A cell phone rang.

'Yoona?' Jessica answered.

'Hi unni,' she heard Yoona's happy voice. 'I got home alright, just like I said.'

'That's good.'

'Is everything alright?' Yoona asked sounding a little worried.

'Yeah... It's just that I had an argument with my dad,' Jessica told. 'He saw us kissing at the door.'

Yoona was quiet for a few seconds.

'What did he say?' she asked then.

'He said that you're no longer welcome in our house. But don't worry I'm not gonna listen to him.'

'But shouldn't you do as he says? I mean he's your dad,' Yoona said.

'Are you on his side? Don't you wanna see me anymore?' Jessica asked angrily.

'No unni.. I just don't want to come between you and your dad. I don't want him to get mad at you,' Yoona explained.

'He's the one who's wrong here! And I'm not gonna talk to him anyway, no matter what you say,' Jessica said.

'What are we gonna do then? Do you want me to come to your house secretly? I don't wanna hide,' Yoona said.

'Well, since we can't go to your house, 'cause you don't want me there, then where else could we go?' Jessica reasoned. Her anger was growing fast.

'It's not that I don't want you here, the things just are like this right now...' Yoona tried to explain.

'Are like what? Why are you lying to me? Seriously, you never tell me anything, if I don't ask you to, and you lie to me!' Jessica shouted. 'Now you even made me fight with my family.'

Yoona was quiet. Jessica was just about to shout some more, when Yoona started to speak. Her voice quivered slightly.

'You... You don't know anything about my life,' Yoona said in a low voice. 'If you knew me you would understand that...'

'How can I know you when you never tell me anything?' Jessica angrily asked.

'As if I wanted to tell you, when you're like that!' Yoona cried. It sounded like she was starting to cry.

Yoona hung up. Jessica snorted frustratedly and threw her cell phone furiously across the room. It hit the wall and fell on the floor in two pieces.

Jessica laid on the bed and pressed her face against the pillow, tears bursting out. She felt now even worse than before Yoona called. She regretted yelling to her. This wasn't her girlfriend's fault, but still she had attacked her and made her feel bad and cry. She had been just so unfair, accusing Yoona... She wanted to call back and apologise, but didn't do that.

 

Next day at school Sooyoung kept asking Jessica, why she was so grumpy. Jessica told Sooyoung about what her dad had said.

'Well, that's not a wonder. Think if Yoona was a guy, what kind of fit of rage your dad would've got. He should actually be happy, a girlfriend is safer than a boyfriend,' Sooyoung said.

'Well he's not happy,' Jessica darkly said.

'Don't worry about that, he'll come around,' Sooyoung comforted.

Jessica sighed and changed the subject.

'Anyway, what you wanted to talk about yesterday? You called me.'

'Oh, it was nothing. I would've just wanted to do something,' Sooyoung said. 'Now when I can't hang out with Taeyeon anymore, and you have Yoona, and I don't want to call Onew, I don't really have that many friends to be with.'

'I'm not that much with Yoona! Sorry if I haven't been with you enough,' Jessica apologised. 'Why don't you wanna call Onew?'

'Uh... It's a little awkward situation between us now. But I'm sure we'll be over it soon,' Sooyoung said blushing slightly.

'What? Sooyoung!' Jessica said very interested about the subject. However, Sooyoung was saved by Yoona walking by.

Jessica froze as she saw her girlfriend. Yoona was with her best friend Seohyun, and when they passed Jessica and Sooyoung, she turned her head away, avoiding to look at Jessica. She looked pretty hurt.

'Jessica? Did you skip something in the story?' Sooyoung asked looking at Yoona now walking away.

'Um... She called me after my dad had finished, and I was kinda... annoyed,' Jessica confessed.

'Oh, Sica! Did you yell at her? You're such a fool sometimes. You need to apologise her,' Sooyoung said.

'I don't do apologising.'

'How old are you? Three?' Sooyoung mocked.

'Hi!' someone greeted them.

They turned to look at the person who had just talked and saw Taeyeon. The small girl gave Sooyoung a smile. Sooyoung on the other hand looked quickly away.

'I need to go,' she mumbled and left.

Taeyeon stared after Sooyoung, looking confused.

'Don't mind her. She's just having hard time right now,' Jessica said to Taeyeon.

'I don't understand... Why is she suddenly acting like that? I feel like she's avoiding me,' Taeyeon said confused. 'I thought we were friends, but ever since I started dating Tiffany...'

'Sooyoung likes you very much,' Jessica said. 'I'm sure she doesn't mean to make you feel bad.'

'Mm... Do you wanna walk?' Taeyeon asked still in her thoughts.

They started walking along the corridor.

'So... how is it going with Tiffany?' Jessica asked.

'Fine,' Taeyeon said starting to smile. 'She's wonderful and beautiful and adorable and I'm just so happy with her. How about you and that 10th grader?'

'Yoona? Fine. We're fine,' Jessica lied. Then she felt a need to boast about her girlfriend, for Taeyeon had done that too.

'She's amazing and really cute,' she said.

'Good. It's fun that we're both dating now. We could go on a double date!' Taeyeon suggested.

Jessica didn't get exited. She wasn't actually interested in that kind of things.

'No...' she answered.

'Have you anything on Saturday? I think Tiffany can come and you can ask Yoona,' Taeyeon said.

Wasn't this girl listening at all?

'I don't think we can go on Saturday... Maybe later?' Jessica tried.

'But I have four free passes to the amusement park for Saturday!' Taeyeon said her eyes pleading Jessica to agree.

Damn, she's cute, Jessica tought. Just like at the old times...

'Ok ok. We'll come. Just leave me alone now,' Jessica said anguished.

'Thank you Sica!' Taeyeon said smiling widely. Jessica hurried away swearing in her mind.

 

'I don't wanna go!' Jessica banged to Sooyoung at the moment she found her, not long time after she left Taeyeon.

'What are you talking about?' Sooyoung asked.

'Taeyeon. She asked me to go on a double date with her and Tiffany. Me and Yoona I mean,' Jessica told anguished.

'Why didn't you say no?'

'I did! But she... arghh!... And now we are going.'

'Wow, that was a clear explanation,' Sooyoung laughed. 'But did you already forget that Yoona doesn't talk to you?'

'I have to apologise her...' Jessica said a grim look on her face.

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------

Yey, more Taeyeon to the story :D Lol, the whole double date idea came just out of nowhere :)

I hope you liked this chapter, and please comment!