Chapter 2

Against all expectations

A few days later Jessica and Sooyoung met Onew at the lunch break. He was on their parallel class, and a friend of theirs. It was widely known that Onew was in love with Jessica, but Jessica had made it clear that she wasn't interested. That didn't prevent Onew from trying though.

'My Jessica is so beautiful today!' he said as soon as they had greeted. Jessica rolled her eyes.

'When you're gonna find someone new?' Sooyoung asked.

'That's not gonna happen. Because no-one can possibly be more beautiful than my Jessica,' Onew answered looking at Jessica an admiring look on his face.

Jessica snorted.

'We're going to the playing field. Do you wanna join us?' Sooyoung asked.

'Oh, I'm already sitting there with the guys,' Onew said sounding slightly disappointed. 'I just came here to ask you... Jessica?'

'Yeah?' Jessica asked.

'There's a band night at the youth's place next week on Friday. My band plays there. Do you wanna come?'

'Yah! Am I not invited?' Sooyoung asked.

'Of course you are. But Jessica are you coming?' Onew answered.

'Are you guys good?' Jessica asked. She didn't want to spend the whole evening listening crap.

'You'll see when you come,' Onew said smiling.

'Come on Sica, let's go there. It can be fun,' Sooyoung said.

'Please Jessica. I would really want you to come,' Onew persuaded.

'Ok, we'll be there,' Jessica said.

'You come? That's great!' Onew delighted. 'I'll pick you up at 8 o'clock.'

'What, is this a date?' Jessica exclaimed frowning.

'Thank you Sica,' Onew said smiling excitedly and left.

Jessica and Sooyoung started to walk out from the building.

'Have you seen them play?' Jessica asked from Sooyoung.

'Yeah. They're ok,' Sooyoung answered.

'Only ok? Then why do you seem so excited for getting there?' Jessica asked.

Sooyoung smiled a little and bended to whisper in Jessica's ear:

'Taeyeon is also going.'

'Oh, well, that explains it,' Jessica said. 

Jessica and Sooyoung went outside and walked to the playing field, where led a downhill from the school yard. They sat on the benches on the stand and started to eat their lunch.

There was a couple of gym classes going on on the field. It took a while until Jessica noticed someone she knew.

'Yoona's there,' she stated.

'Awwwww...' Sooyoung teased and received a punch from Jessica.

Jessica kept eating her sandwich while watching Yoona. The girl looked really good on the field in her grey sweatshirt.

Jessica had met Yoona at the class on the previous day, and they had ended up in the same group. Yoona had appeared to be actually pretty smart, not an idiot like Jessica had thought. Jessica had many times caught herself staring at the younger girl and always angrily shook herself back to the ground. She wasn't in love with Yoona. She didn't want to be in love with her. She knew from experience that people were usually the same as their friends, and Yoona's friends were total fools.

Yoona's class moved closer to where Jessica and Sooyoung were sitting, to the running track. They started to run two at the time. When it was Yoona's turn to start running, Jessica had a crazy idea.

'Yoona!' she shouted her voice full of aegyo.

Yoona raised her head and looked around. She noticed Jessica and looked almost as surprised as Sooyoung, who stared at Jessica not believing her ears. Jessica smiled and waved at Yoona. A smile appeared on Yoona's face and she looked like she wanted to laugh. The teacher gave an output signal and the girl next to Yoona started running. Yoona face palmed herself still smiling and then noticed the other girl running. She hastily speeded after her.

Jessica watched her go. Oh, why was she so cute?

Sooyoung, who had hid herself under the bench shaking while trying to suppress her laughter, got up and looked at Jessica still laughing.

'What was that?' she wheezed.

'I just wanted to a bit,' Jessica answered.

'I didn't know you can do that,' Sooyoung continued.

They finished their lunch, Sooyoung still chuckling. The classes on the field ended and the students started to scatter.

'Maybe we should go now, so we won't be late,' Jessica said.

Sooyoung agreeded and they picked up their litter, getting ready to go. Suddenly an amused voice called them from the stairs of the stand.

'Yah!' called a smiling girl, who stood behind the median railing, leaning her arms on it.

'Hey there. Got a good running time?' Jessica said smirking. Her heart had jumped at the moment she had seen who spoke.

Yoona smirked.

'Do you often come here to disturb people's performances?' she asked.

'Yeah,' Jessica answered. 'Do you often shed your friends from you?'

Yoona was indeed alone, unlike usual, when she was always with a group of girls.

'They survive without me,' Yoona said. 'But look at your friend.'

'What do you mean?'

Yoona glanced at Sooyoung with a meaningful look.

'She's choking,' she stated.

That was true. Sooyoung had just swallowed the last piece of her sandwich and tried to suppress her laughter at the same time, and was now coughing as quietly as she could. Jessica hit Sooyoung's back and the girl stopped coughing.

'I'm sorry,' Sooyoung whispered. Jessica felt too embarassed to look back at Yoona.

'See you later then, Jessica-ssi,' Yoona said half laughing.

'See you,' Jessica answered.

Yoona hopped away. When she was far enough not to hear, Jessica turned to Sooyoung.

'I'm gonna kill you!' she said. 'Why on earth you had to do that?'

'I said I'm sorry,' Sooyoung apologised.

'Why do you always have to embarass me?' Jessica continued.

'I promise I won't do it again,' Sooyoung pleaded. Then she smiled. 'Just wait till I tell Taeyeon about this!'

'You won't tell anything to Taeyeon,' Jessica said.

'Oh, yes I will,' Sooyoung smiled.

'No! Wait,' Jessica exclaimed to Sooyoung, who already hurried towards the stairs.

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! Second chapter is here.

Don't forget to subscribe and comment! I wanna know what you think :)