Chapter 1

Against all expectations

Jessica sat in the classroom. She was a high school student and currently attending a teather class. She was there with her best friend Choi Sooyoung. There was many other students, who were from all grades, and Jessica didn’t know too many of them.

She looked around checking the classmates. In one corner, there was a group of girls, who were whispering and giggling with each other. 10thgraders, Jessica thought grimly.

One thing Jessica hated the most, were girls who whispered and lauged in small groups. The other thing were the year-youngers. Jessica was at grade 11, which made those girls exactly the most annoying people to her.

That’s why she was already hating this course. Why had she come here? Why hadn’t she chosen photography or choir or just anything else except this?

One of the giggling girls suddenly raised her head and looked straight at Jessica. Their eyes met for a fraction second before the girl turned to whisper something to her friend’s ear. The friend’s eyes widened and she glanced at Jessica. The two girls started giggling.

Jessica turned away from them. That’s it, she would quit. She wasn’t going to sit here two times a week and stand those people.

‘I quit,’ she stated grimly to Sooyoung.

‘Why? You can’t quit, this haven’t even started yet!’ Sooyoung said.

‘But look at those girls. 10thgraders,’ Jessica groaned and leaned her head to her hands.

‘Yes, this is an all-grade course,’ Sooyoung said sensibly.

‘I hate 10thgraders,’ Jessica whined.

‘Well, gotta admit that they’re annoying,’ Sooyoung said watching the girls. ‘But it’s not like you have to talk to them. Don’t worry about it.’

The class started with a roll call. Jessica didn’t pay much attention to people’s names, but she noticed that the girl who had looked at her was called Im Yoona.

Next they were divided in pairs for an exercise. Jessica was told to be with who else but Yoona.

Jessica cast a furious look at Sooyoung.

‘I don’t have to talk to them? I don’t have to talk to them?’ she said angrily under her breath. Sooyoung gave her an apologising look and went to sit with her own pair, who, obviously, was at the same grade as them.

The girl called Yoona appeared next to Jessica’s desk. She had a timid smile on her face, and she stood there as if she was waiting for Jessica to give her a permission to sit down. Jessica glanced at the girl frustrated, but didn’t say anything. Did the girl try to look cute? Well, she wouldn’t fall for that face.

Teacher started talking again and Yoona quickly slipped to the chair where Sooyoung had been sitting just a while ago.

‘Yoona!’ someone whispered. Jessica turned around and saw that it was Yoona’s friend, the one who the girl had whispered about Jessica. The friend gestured something incomprehensible to Yoona and both girls started giggling. Jessica turned away and tried to prevent herself from screaming.

They were supposed to try to get to know each other by asking guestions that were on the blackboard. The questions were stupid and Jessica wasn’t in the mood of talking at all. She didn't say anything, she only wanted to get out of there.

Yoona opened many times but didn’t manage to say a word. Finally, she got her voice back.

‘Are we gonna do this?’ she said.

Jessica was surprised by Yoona’s voice. She had been expecting something more girly, but the girl’s voice was actually huskier than that of many of her friends. Jessica stared at Yoona, who looked down blushing slightly.

‘Ok. First question: what’s your name?’ Jessica said. She could as well use her time to this than just sitting here.

Yoona looked surprised, but pleased.

‘Im Yoona,’ she answered. ‘What’s your name?’

‘Jessica Jung,’ Jessica said. ‘Question two: what shampoo you use?’

So stupid...

Yoona answered. The shampoo was the same Jessica was using.

They continued like that, not talking about anything else. They didn’t look at each other, except for few glances. Yoona’s friend called her ocassionally, which made Jessica want to shout at the friend. After a long time the class ended. Yoona smiled a little and was about to say bye to Jessica, but Jessica didn’t look at her, she just took her bag and hurried to Sooyoung.

‘Jessica, Ice Princess,’ Sooyoung criticized. ‘Look at her face.’

‘Whose face?’ Jessica pretended not to know.

‘The girl you were talking with! Seriously, was she that bad?’ Sooyoung asked.

‘Well, yeah. She just kept giggling with her friends. That was so annoying!’ Jessica answered.

 

Two hours later Jessica and Sooyoung were sitting on the school yard. Sun was shining and there were a lot of other students on the yard as well.

‘But believe me, I won’t go to the teather classes anymore if I have to be that girl’s pair again,’ Jessica explained.

‘Jessicaa...’ Sooyoung said smiling teasingly. ‘You’ve been talking about that girl ever since we left the teather classroom.’

‘No I haven’t,’ Jessica denyed glaring Sooyoung.

‘Yes you have. And I know why: you like her,’ Sooyoung said and smiled widely.

‘No I don't! I’ve tried to explain you the whole morning how she’s so annoying and you think I’m fond of her?’

‘Ha! You admit it. You have been talking about her all the time,’ Sooyoung said. 'You think she's cute, right?'

'No,' Jessica said and let out a frustrated sound.

Ok, maybe she thought Yoona was cute, but that was all. Cute and very pretty... Or at least Jessica liked the way she looked. But that didn’t mean anything! Yoona was still annoying and an idiot, and that’s it.

‘Jessica! Sooyoung!’ someone called. It was their friend Taeyeon, who hurried towards them.

‘Taeyeon!’ Sooyoung called smiling and stood up.

Taeyeon stopped in front of them. She and Jessica both looked at Sooyoung.

‘Why are you standing? Sit down!’ Jessica hissed and pulled Sooyoung back to the bench.

Sooyoung looked embarassed. Jessica sighed and turned to smile at Taeyeon.

‘What’s up Tae?’ Jessica asked.

‘Nothing much. I have a pile of homework and practises this evening. I don’t know how I’m gonna do it all. How about you?’

‘Jessica likes a 10thgrader,’ Sooyoung answered before Jessica could open . She gave Sooyoung her death glare.

‘What?’ Taeyeon exclaimed. ‘How did that happen?’

She sat down next to Jessica.

‘They met in a teather class this morning,’ Sooyoung told.

‘Be quiet!’ Jessica told her best friend. ‘I never said I like her..’

‘But she does,’ Sooyoung continued.

Jessica nudged Sooyoung with her elbow and Taeyeon laughed. Sooyoung looked at Taeyeon smiling.

Taeyeon’s cell phone beeped. She took it out from her pocket and an excited smile appeared on her face.

‘Who is it?’ Jessica asked, though she already knew. There was only one person who made Taeyeon react that way.

Taeyeon smirked.

‘I gotta go! Bye Jessica. Sooyoung,’ she said and hurried away.

They watched her go. Sooyoung gave a sigh. Jessica looked at her feeling sorry for her best friend and tapped Sooyoung’s shoulder for comfort.

‘There's nothing wrong with you. You know she’s in love with Tiffany Hwang,’ Jessica said.

‘Yeah,’ Sooyoung sighed. ‘I just wish she would notice me... I don’t have a chance, right?’

‘Of course you do!’ Jessica comforted. ‘If Tiffany rejects her.’

‘She won’t! I mean, how could anyone resist Taeyeon?’ Sooyoung said longingly and sighed: ‘She’s amazing.’

Jessica made an agreeing sound. She knew Sooyoung didn't have a chance with Taeyeon, but she wouldn't say that to her. Jessica knew Taeyeon for a long time and for a moment she thought about telling Sooyoung a few things about their past. Oh well, maybe later.

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope everybody liked the first chapter :D

I took a different attitude with this fic than with my first one, so this is a bit different and I put more effort on this.

Don't forget to subscribe and comment :)