Chapter 16

Against all expectations

Sooyoung and Taeyeon were following Sunny. They kept distance and had their hoods on so that the girl wouldn't recognize them. But Sunny didn't look behind her even once, so she had no idea that she was being followed.

'How far is she going?' Taeyeon wondered aloud.

'Not far or she would've taken a bus,' Sooyoung answered.

She looked on her side and slowed down.

'What is it?' Taeyeon asked.

Sooyoung stood staring inside from a window of a restaurant.

'That looks good...' she said staring at the food on the table right next to the window, where a young couple was eating.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

'We're following Sunny, remember? Oh, come on Sooyoung!' she said frustrated. She took Sooyoung's hand and pulled her away from the window.

Taeyeon's touch got Sooyoung look straigh at Taeyeon, forgetting the food. Her heart skipped a beat and she unconciously stopped breathing for a while.

Taeyeon mumbled something about shikshins and then turned to look at Sooyoung.

'We'll lost Sunny because of you,' she said. She let go of Sooyoung's hand, making Sooyoung feel sad. Her hand felt empty now.

After about five minutes Sunny stopped and went in to a building. Sooyoung and Taeyeon run to the door.

'Dance studio,' Taeyeon read. 'Is her girlfriend a dancer?'

'Friend, not girlfriend..' Sooyoung mumbled.

They went into the hall. Sunny wasn't there.

'Where did she go?'

'There,' Sooyoung spotted Sunny on the stairs. She and Taeyeon crept after her.

They climbed to the second floor and followed Sunny along the corridor. Suddenly Sunny stopped and looked in from a practice room window. Sooyoung and Taeyeon froze. If Sunny turned her head just a little she'd notice them. Taeyeon looked quickly around her for a place to hide.

'There!' she whispered. She pushed Sooyoung ahead of her into a room that was near them. She pulled the door almost closed behind them.

It was a cleaning cupboard. Sooyoung stumbled as she stepped in a bucket.

'Shush... She can hear us!' Taeyeon whispered.

'It's really messy here. And dark,' Sooyoung defended.

Taeyeon peeked outside.

'She's still there..'

'Don't keep the door so open!' Sooyoung told. She reached the door handle, which Taeyeon was holding, and pulled the door more closed.

As she did that, she had to lean very close to Taeyeon. She could smell the smaller girl's scent and feel her move. After pulling the door more closed, she kept her hand on Taeyeon's instead of pullin it back right away. She didn't want to move.

'Sooyoung...' Taeyeon said in a weird tone. She turned slowly around and stared up at the taller girl's eyes slightly open. Sooyoung's hand touched Taeyeon's back without her really realizing it. They were standing very close, their bodies almost touching. Sooyoung's heart beat fast. She realised that she had been wrong: though she had tried to deny it, her feelings for Taeyeon hadn't gone anywhere.

They stood still staring at each other. Sooyoung wanted to kiss Taeyeon. The smaller girl's expression was slightly confused, but there was also something else in it...

Sooyoung was about to lean closer, but right then Taeyeon moved.

'No!' Taeyeon screamed and stumbled backwards. She hit the door and fell on the corridor floor behind it.

'T-Taeyeon?' Sooyoung said very confused. What happened?

'Ouh...' Taeyeon whined lying on the floor.

'A-Are you okay?' Sooyoung asked coming out from the cupboard. She squated down next to Taeyeon.

'I'm fine,' Taeyeon answered. She sat up, hand on the back of her head. Sooyoung looked at the girl worried.

Taeyeon looked around: the corridor was empty, Sunny had gone somewhere. She stood up.

'I.. I'm going home,' Taeyeon said. She started to walk towards the stairs. Sooyoung followed her.

'Do I walk you home?' she asked.

'No, no thanks,' Taeyeon answered. 'I need to call Tiffany...'

There was nothing wrong in what Taeyeon said, but Sooyougn felt her heart brake in pieces. Tiffany was the only one for Taeyeon and Sooyoung could never be as much. She would've wanted to stop there and let Taeyeon go away, so that she wouldn't have to see her. Still, she walked all the way outside with her and only there went to the different direction.

 

 

Jessica stepped out from a bus near her house. She had had a really good time with Onew, and she felt happy. She and Onew had gone bowling and she had eventually given in to Onew, and bowled a little herself too.

Onew is such a good friend, Jessica thought as she walked towards her home. He could always make her smile, no matter what, and stayed her friend even after she started to be with Yoona.

'Jessica unnie!'

Jessica smiled as she recognized the voice and turned around. Yoona run towards her a big smile on her face. She only slowed down a little before she threw herself into Jessica's arms, making them spin around and almost fall. Jessica screamed, but Yoona only laughed.

'What do you have at school tomorrow?' Yoona asked as they reached balance.

'What?' Jessica said still surprised. 'I don't know. Nothing special I guess. Why?'

'Let's skip school,' Yoona said smiling excitedly, keeping her arms around Jessica.

Jessica raised her eyebrows.

'Are you serious? Sounds good,' she said and chuckled. 'But our parents are gonna kill us when they find out.'

'Don't worry, they won't find out. I'll take care of it,' Yoona assured.

'How?'

'You'll see tomorrow,' Yoona said. 'So will we do it?'

'Yes...'

'Good,' Yoona said and pecked Jessica on the cheek. 'Let's go inside.'

Jessica returned the peck on Yoona's cheek. They smiled and walked home together. 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------

Update :) There's been little Yoonsic moments lately :( , but the next chapter will most likely be all about Yoonsic, so wait for it :)

And thank you sooo much for comments :D You're the best ^^