Chapter 13

Against all expectations

Jessica and Yoona stood outside Jessica's house. Yoona was carrying a bag full of her clothes and other stuff. She had left a note on the dining room table for her mom, where she told she had gone to stay at her friend's house for a while.

'I don't know unni...' Yoona said looking at the house worriedly.

'Shush.. It'll go just fine,' Jessica said and wrapped her arm around Yoona's shoulders.

'What are you gonna tell him?' Yoona asked. She felt very nervous.

Jessica sighed. Yoona had asked the same thing again and again.

'I'll tell him you had a fight with your stepfather and that you have to stay away from home for a while.'

'Are you sure that's good enough?' Yoona asked.

'Well, I have nothing better, since you don't wanna tell the whole truth.'

'I should just go back home...' Yoona muttered.

'Yoona! Not again,' Jessica said frustrated.

They got in the apartment house and walked upstairs. Jessica took out her key and opened the door to their apartment. They walked in feeling nervous and Jessica closed the door.

'Wait here,' Jessica whispered to Yoona and took her shoes off. Yoona nodded yes.

'Dad,' Jessica called as she walked to the living room. As expected, her dad was sitting on the couch reading newspaper.

'Yes,' he said putting the paper down.

Jessica took her best smile on her face and tried to remember what she was about to say.

'Heh... Let's say one of my friends would have a hard situation in her home and she needed to move away for a while. Where could she go?' Jessica started. 'To our house, right? You would let her stay here as long as would be needed, right?'

'Depends on the situaiton. Why do you ask?' her dad asked frowning.

'Um... daddy,' Jessica said and sat next to him on the couch. 'There's one person, who is really important to me. She's having a really bad situation in her home and she needs to get out of there for a while.'

'What situation?' her dad asked in a dangerous tone. Jessica could see from his face that he already guessed who this friend was.

'She made me promise I wouldn't tell. But it's a real situation, and she really needs to get away,' Jessica said.

'I want to talk to her,' Mr. Jung said with a grim expression.

'Yes,' Jessica said and leapt up from the couch. 'I go get her.'

She hurried to the front door. Yoona, who had heard everything was taking her shoes off.

'He wants to talk to you,' Jessica said and grapped Yoona's hand. They walked quietly to the living room.

Jessica dragged Yoona in front of her dad.

'Are you two still... together?' Mr. Jung asked glaring at them.

Both girls nodded.

'And you really can't go home?' he asked from Yoona.

Yoona nodded.

'And you have nowhere else to go?'

'Yes, I don't.'

Mr. Jung was quiet for a while, frowning. Then he sighed defeatedly.

'I see you're telling the truth. I think I have no choise.'

Jessica and Yoona's faces lit up and they glanced at each other.

'But there's rules. You have to comply with them strictly,' Mr. Jung said raising up his finger.

'Daddy...' Jessica whined.

'You're on probation. If you break rules, you're out,' he said to Yoona. 'Rules are; one: you sleep on the couch. Two: you two are behaving yourselves. That means you don't go closer than one meter to each other.'

Jessica was about to protest, but her dad stopped her.

'Three: this is merely temporary. You're moving out as soon as you can. Understood?'

'Yes... Can we go now?' Jessica said impatiently.

Her dad nodded and Jessica pulled Yoona quickly back to the front door, where they took Yoona's bag and dragged it to Jessica's room. Jessica closed the door behind them.

'We did it!' Jessica said exitedly and hugged Yoona.

Yoona smiled happily and sat on Jessica's bed. Jessica sat down next to her and leaned close to her.

'Now I know you're safe and I don't have to worry about you all the time. And we can be together all the time!' Jessica said smiling and pecked Yoona on the lips.

'Wow wow,' Yoona said and pushed Jessica away smirking. 'Remember the one meter distance.'

'Yah, Yoona!' Jessica exclaimed supposedly angry and slapped her girlfriend playfully. Yoona laughed at her.

Jessica wrapped her arms around Yoona's neck.

'Do you think this will work?' Yoona asked in a serious tone all of a sudden.

'Yes,' Jessica answered sincerely. 'It's better for you to be here.'

Suddenly they heard the door open. They hurtled away from each other startled.

'And four: no closed doors,' Mr. Jung said before going and leaving the door open.

Jessica and Yoona looked at each other's startled faces and bursted out laughing.

 

Next day at school Jessica, Sooyoung, Yoona and Onew were sitting on the school yard. Jessica had took Yoona to sit on her lap. Yoona was talking with Sooyoung, while Jessica was spacing out and Onew sighed occasionally, wishing he would be somewhere else. Yoona annoyed him. He had liked Jessica for so long and seeing her with someone else made him feel a bit sad.

'What did you say to her, when she called?' Sooyoung asked Yoona.

'I told her why I had left, and she said she'd come to get me home. But I can't go home now...' Yoona told. 'Mom can't find me, because she doesn't know, where Jessica lives, so I don't have to worry about that.'

'Did you tell her you're at Jessica's house?' Sooyoung asked.

'She guessed,' Yoona answered.

Sooyoung nodded and for a while no one said anything. Then Sooyoung asked:

'Who's that?'

'Who?' Onew asked. He followed Sooyoung's eyes and saw what the girl was looking at. 'That short girl?

'Yes. I haven't seen her before.'

'She's Sunny Lee. She came to my class yesterday.'

Sooyoung stared at Sunny as she walked by. Yoona noticed Sooyoung's expression and nudged Jessica.

'Unni,' she whispered. Jessica woke from her thoughts.

'Huh?' she asked.

Yoona pointed at Sooyoung, but Sunny had already disappeared from the school doors, and Sooyoung was back to normal.

'What?' Jessica asked.

'You missed it!' Yoona exclaimed annoyed.

Sooyoung looked at them wanting to know what they were talking about, so Yoona just waved her hand in the air, like it was nothing, and didn't say anything.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so so much for the comments! <3 It's great to get that many comments and I hope you keep that up ^^

Sunny is in the story :D But don't assume anything. Hope you all liked this chapter and how things turned out.