Chapter 14

Against all expectations

Sooyoung was standing in the school hall near the cafeteria. Jessica had gone somewhere, leaving Sooyoung alone. But that didn't matter much right now. Sunny was in the cafeteria, sitting alone by one of the tables, and Sooyoung knew this was her chance to go to talk to the girl. There wouldn't be a better opportunity.

But still, she did't even know Sunny, she didn't know anything about her. She was just so cute... What would she think if Sooyoung went to talk to her just like that?

'Sooyoung!' someone exclaimed right next to her, making her jump.

She turned her head and saw Taeyeon smirking up at her.

'Don't startle me!' Sooyoung exclaimed. She wasn't pleased to see Taeyeon. Why did she have to come and ruin her chance to go talk to Sunny?

'What are you doing here alone? Who were you staring at?' Taeyeon asked and peered to cafeteria.

'No one. What about you, what are you doing here?' Sooyoung said trying to take Taeyeon's attention away from cafeteria.

'Wow... Who's that girl who sits there alone?' Taeyeon said ignoring Sooyoung.

Sooyoung followed Taeyeon's eyes and of course the girl was looking at Sunny.

'She's Sunny Lee,' Sooyoung answered.

'She's cute...' Taeyeon commented.

'Yah! I saw her first,' Sooyoung exclaimed and blushed right away.

'You were looking at her? She's not your type,' Taeyeon stated.

'How do you know what's my type?' Sooyoung asked offended. 'And you have a girlfriend, so why are you looking at her?'

'Who said I want anything like that with her?' Taeyeon said starting at Sunny again. 'I just want to go talk to her...'

'Well, since I'm the single one here, it's just fair that I talk to her first,' Sooyoung said.

'Aha? Well, you still haven't made your move, but you just keep standing here and staring at her, so I have a free hand, right?' Taeyeon said smirking slyly. 'I go to talk to her right now.'

Taeyeon took steps towards Sunny.

'No! Taeyeon! Come back here,' Sooyoung told, but Taeyeon only smirked wider and walked faster. Sooyoung had no choice but go after her.

They reached Sunny's table and sat down. Sunny raised her head surprised for company. She was even cuter from close.

'Hello! Are you new here?' Taeyeon asked smiling.

'Yes,' Sunny answered in cute girly voice. 'I'm Lee Sunny.'

'I'm Kim Taeyeon. Nice to meet you,' Taeyeon introduced herself.

'I'm Choi Sooyoung,' Sooyoung hurried to introduce herself as well.

Sunny smiled at them.

'Did you move here or did you change school?' Taeyeon asked.

'My family moved here last week,' Sunny answered.

'So you don't really know anyone yet?' Taeyeon continued.

'No, I have only one friend. But she's not in our school..' Sunny answered.

'Well, now you have two new friends,' Taeyeon smiled. Sunny smiled back.

Sooyoung felt like she had to say something too.

'This is pretty,' she said pointing at Sunny's necklace.

'Thanks. My friend gave it to me,' Sunny said pleased.

'What you were really looking at...' Taeyeon said to Sooyoung under her breath.

'Yah Kim Taeyeon! Not everybody are such erts as you,' Sooyoung said.

Sunny laughed. Sooyoung listened to her laughter.

'Taeyeon even has a girlfriend,' Sooyoung told.

'Oh, really?' Sunny asked eyes widened, but smiling.

'Yes. I love my Tiffany very much,' Taeyeon said smirking.

'Oh, that's so sweet,' Sunny said.

'Are you dating?' she then asked from Sooyoung.

'No, I'm single,' Sooyoung said feeling happy for Sunny was showing interest at her too.

The bell rang and they had to go to their classes. Sunny waved to them smiling and they waved back. Sooyoung and Taeyeon headed upstairs.

'She asked me if I'm dating. She likes me!' Sooyoung said.

'Nah... She was just being polite,' Taeyeon said. 'And she's probably taken.'

'How do you know?' Sooyoung asked grimly.

'You noticed the friend she was talking about? A friend who gave her necklace. That's probably her girlfriend. And just think about it, that pretty girl. She can't be single.'

Sooyoung's expression was grim, but she decided not to believe Taeyeon.

 

In the evening Jessica was in her room doing homework. Yoona had left from school with her friend and Jessica hadn't seen her girlfriend after that.

Jessica heard laughter from outside the room and recognised Yoona's voice. Was she home? Jessica listened. Yes, Yoona was there, talking with Krystal. Jessica continued with her homework assuming that Yoona would come to her room soon. But when minutes passed and nothing happened, Jessica left her books and walked to the living room.

There was no one but her mom.

'Where's Yoona?' Jessica asked.

'She went to Krystal's room,' her mom answered smiling.

Jessica wondered why Yoona had gone there and went to see what happened in Krystal's room. She put her head in without knocking.

Yoona and Krystal were sitting on the floor and Yoona was playing around with Krystal's old teddybear making the young girl laugh.

'Yoona unni! Take this,' Krystal laughed and handed Yoona an other soft toy.

Jessica watched them play. She was happy that they came along so well, but she felt also a touch of jealousy. She hadn't done anything like that with Krystal in a long time. Krystal even called Yoona unni...

'You're not coming to say hi to me?' Jessica said. The girls looked up at her, only then noticing that she was there.

'I was coming but Krystal took me here,' Yoona said smiling.

'Ok...' Jessica replied.

Then no one said anything. Yoona and Krystal stared at Jessica and she started to feel embarrassed.

'Well, come to find me when you have time,' Jessica said and left.

She went back to her room and sat by the desk. She felt annoyed because of the awkward moment between her and Yoona and Krystal. After some time Yoona knocked the door.

'Can I come in?' she asked.

'Of course. You had fun with Krystal?' Jessica said glancing Yoona, who came in and put the door more closed behind her.

'Yeah. She's fun,' Yoona said and walked next to Jessica.

'It's good that she likes you,' Jessica said and wrote something on her notebook.

Yoona stared at Jessica, who didn't look at her.

'Are you mad at me?' she asked.

'No. Why would I be? You've been great, you've lived here for three days without any problems,' Jessica answered looking at Yoona now.

'Good,' Yoona said smiling. She stared at Jessica for a while and Jessica stared back. Yoona was so pretty and her smile was so seductive to Jessica, that when Yoona walked to the bed and sat down, Jessica followed her, forgetting her annoyance.

'I think we should spend more time together,' Jessica said as she sat down next to Yoona.

'Why? We are together a lot more now, when you finally decided to make our relationship public. I even live with you,' Yoona said tilting her head.

Jessica's expression turned sad for Yoona's answer. Yoona grapped her hand gently.

'I was just kidding unni,' she said smiling. 'What would you like us to do together?'

'I want to have one-to-one time with you. Even though we're together at school and home, there's always other people around us. I want us to spend time alone, just me and you, like we used to...' Jessica said and remembered the first time they went together somewhere. They had walked on the streets at night, and she had bought Yoona ice cream and made the girl happy...

'Where do you think we could go?' Yoona asked.

'I don't know,' Jessica sighed and laid down on her back on the bed. 'I wish my dad wouldn't be like that, and we could just be here.'

Yoona made an agreeing sound and stared at Jessica lying down on the bed. Then she moved a little and lied down next to her. They looked at each other smiling and Jessica took Yoona's arm and wrapped it around her waist. Yoona smiled happily and snuggled closer to Jessica.

They lied in that position until Yoona raised her head to check that no-one was watching them. Jessica sighed.

'We really need to find some other place to be together,' she said.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------

Hello readers :) Two scenes in this chapter, Soosuntae and Yoonsic. Thank you for the comments :D I hope you liked this chapter.