Chapter 9

“This place is a paradise only if you’re here”

 

SungJong OPV

 

SungYeol hyung woke up like five minutes after MyungSoo hyung left. He said he wanted to go home so WooHyun hyung gave him ride while the rest of us just waited in the house.

 

“What’s going on with L? It was just a kiss, is not like SungYeol was going to him or anything” said Hoya hyung.

 

“HoAegi, you know SungYeol can be pretty direct when he likes someone and its pretty obvious he likes L, and he likes him A LOT” Said DongWoo hyung hugging Hoya with one arm.

 

WHAT!? SungYeol likes MyungSoo?! Why didn’t he tell me? Well I guess it was obvious from the fist day when he told me a ‘really hot guy’ was going to our school but thinking someone is hot and liking him is different right?

 

I kept thinking about it for a long time until WooHyun hyung came back and we started talking again, well not really talking my friends continued discussing what happened between SungYeol and MyungSoo for a while until, I don’t know how, they took the ‘couple party’ too seriously. That’s when I decided to go home. I said goodbye to my hyungs before opening the door but they totally ignored me.

 

I stopped a taxi in the street, after telling the driver where to go I just decided to let my mind wonder around; for some reason I ended up thinking about MyungSo; his smile, his body, his eyes, his weird way of looking into my eyes non-stop for a long time… so many things about him. W-wait, why I’m I smiling?

 

I shook my head trying to stop thinking about him but it was impossible now, he was all I could think about and that was worrying me, I can’t like him, I would never do that to a friend, SungYeol hyung likes him so I have to step out of the way and let them be together.

 

But why is my heart telling me something different? In some way I feel like I should fight for what I want once in my life without thinking on how other people might feel. I deserve to be happy too.

 

When I was finally home I just went to my room to let my body fall in my bed. Why is this happening to me? Why on earth would I like MyungSoo? It’s not like he’s something special… ok, I have to admit he is gorgeous, funny, interesting, cool, adorable … oh God, not this, please!

 

-

 

MyungSoo OPV

 

Why do I feel so bad about pushing SungYeol away from me? He was disrespectful, right? But why have I been keeping my guard up whenever I’m around him? Why do I even care about how I treat him?

 

Wasn’t it SungJong the guy that I started liking since days ago? Why I’m I not thinking about him like I normally do? Why is SungYeol in my mind now?

 

Maybe im just feeling guilty, I should apologize and then all this stupid confusion will go away, right?

 

*sigh* ill just try to sleep now and tomorrow ill do some homework. I don’t want to think about anything that has to do with those tow guys until I see them at school on Monday.

 

-

 

[Sunday]

 

SungYeol OPV

 

Ok, this is me giving up on you, L.

 

I’m not going to try to make you like me anymore, its obvious you like SungJong and I’m not going to stand on you way to be happy with him.

 

Its going to be so hard to see you at school tomorrow… please don’t even talk to me, ignore me as you always do so I can stop liking you.

 

-

 

[Monday]

 

MyungSoo OPV

 

“SungYeol, can I talk to you just for a second?” I asked him looking at the floor. What the hell is wrong with me? Why can’t I look into his eyes like I always do with other people?

 

“Wow, you are talking to me now, L? Are you ok? Do you want to go to the infirmary? Are you sure you don’t have fever?” He said while touching my forehead with one of his hands pretending to be checking my temperature.

 

“I’m fine” I took his hand and dragged him outside the classroom. “I… I wanted to apologize for what I did on Saturday, I over reacted. I’m really sorry, SungYeol would you forgive me?” I asked him with my head down.

 

“Well, I don’t know, you have been ignoring me this whole time and just when something bad happens you talk to me… but yes, I do forgive you only with one condition” he answered looking at me with those eyes that tell you that his planning something and it may not be that good.

 

“What condition? Just tell me I’ll see what I can do” I replayed, was he expecting me to say ‘I’ll do whatever you want’? I’m not that type of person.

 

“I just want you to give me the chance to be your friend” he said smiling.

 

“I can do that” I smiled back.