Chapter 24

“This place is a paradise only if you’re here”

SungJong POV

 

“Let me see them, maybe I can help you place them and tell you the story behind each one of those pictures” All of them where taken on our dates and at school. I don’t really know if I should tell him we used to be together until he got in that strange fight. If he doesn’t remember me at all maybe telling him that out of nowhere would freak him out.

He gave me his phone and I started looking for the one I taught was the most important.

“This one is at the mall, you and I went to the movies together” of course it was our first date but I didn’t mention that at all.

“Wait, you mean like a date?” He asked and I couldn’t help but smile to myself, he looked confused but I could see a hint of hope in his eyes, maybe deep down he does remember we were together… so I took a chance.

“You could say so… it was more like getting to know each other” I smiled giving him his cellphone back. But it didn’t turn out so great, he looked even more confused now.

“So you mean, I liked you and you liked me and we were going out?” his eyes where wide open.

At this point I was frozen, I didn’t know what to say, all I could do was sit in that chair without moving a single mussle.

“Well, I guess..” That was all I could say.

 

MyungSoo POV

He looks like his not telling me something…

But that’s not what’s important now, I have to ask about my dream, somehow, and I don’t really know why, I think it did happen.

“Hmm I’ll try to remember about those pictures later” I smiled just to let him know it was ok with me and that he could relax now, and it seemed to work, as soon as he saw me smiling his face turned a little red and his eyes shined with happiness. “I wanted to ask you about a dream I had, it was so vivid I can’t seam to forget about it, SungYeol says it never happened but…” I couldn’t finish the sentence somehow it didn’t feel right to mention Yeol in front of him.

“What dream?” he asked with his face showing he was nervous about my question.

“Well I dreamed that I was at school running and when I stopped I saw SungYeol punching you, then I told him to stop and he said that it was all my fault, then he tried to punch me…. And that’s when I woke up...”  I looked at him but he was looking at the floor and his hair didn’t let me see his eyes.

“You want me to tell you if that really happened?” he asked sill not looking at me; I just kept silent to let him talk, I really want to know. “Yes, it did happen…”

“Wh… Why were you guys fighting? Why was it my fault?” Those questions just popped out of my mouth before I could even think about them.

“Do you really want me to answer?” he finally looked at me and his face showed nothing but pain, sadness and bad memories. It hurts me to see him like this, and I don’t even know why. I just nodded once and kept my eyes down, looking at my hospital bed. “Well, since you got to school SungYeol hyung and I liked you, it somehow turned into a competition for him to see who got your heart first, and the day we started dating he saw us together he got really angry and punched me, then you, just like in your dream, then HoYa hyung stopped him and you and I went to the infirmary” He stopped talking and some tears started running over his face, then he got up suddenly and left my room.

Some hours later I got a text message from him that said: >>Sorry I left like that, it’s a little sad to remember…<<