Chapter 23

“This place is a paradise only if you’re here”

 

MyungSoo POV

“Mom, where is my phone?” I asked sitting down in my bed looking for it.

“Right here” She passed it to me with an expression on her face that clearly asked what was going on.

“I need to call someone” was all I said before I started looking for that name.

>>Jongie<<  why is SungJongs name saved like that? There is so much things I need to find out!

I press the call button and wait. Pick up pick up!

“Hello?” his voice sounds broken, like out of life.

“SungJong? This is MyungSoo” This feels so awkward ... what is going on with me?

“Oh, what’s up?” he said.

“I was wondering, could you come see me today? I kind of need to talk to you” It’s really strange saying that to someone that you don’t really know. But I feel he can help me find out why I have been having these strange drams with him all the time.

“Really?” He sounded surprised like he had not expected that at all. Well what else could I expect after all I’m the crazy one calling some stranger to come over because of some weird things are happening in my stupid dreams.

“Yeah, well just if you have time… you don’t have to come it’s just that I need to ask you some things” I sure sounded awkward. This feels really pathetic.

“Sure, I’ll be there as soon as I can then” Suddenly his voice sounded happy, or not exactly, more like some small part of his depressed voice I heard before was gone. Why?

“Ok then, see you soon” I hung up the phone and all of a sudden a smile started forming in my lips. I was happy that he was going to visit me but why?

My mom looked at me like I was some crazy person and then smiled. I just hope she doesn’t ask anything because I don’t think I would be able to explain any of it. Now I need to call SungYeol, I don’t know why but I don’t want him to come to the hospital while I’m with SungJong. That fighting dream made me nervous.

“Yeol-ah, Hi” Again I was nervous but not in a positive way, it was somehow like I was hiding something from him.

“Hey L, Do you want me to go visit you today? I have a family reunion but I think I can get out of there fast”  Oh no!

“Oh no, don’t worry, actually I was calling you to tell you that today the nurses asked for me to rest the hole day so there would be no visits allowed” What a big lie, but that can happen, I’m at the hospital and that is totally believable.

“Oh ok, but I’ll sure go visit tomorrow. You won’t get away from me that easily” I could tell he was joking but for some strange reason that joke scared me. Why would I feel that way? He is the boy I like after all.

I just laughed a little bit and then we hung up.

 

SungJong POV

I just can’t believe it. It’s more like a dream to me that an actual fact that he just called me and asked me to go see him. Could it be that he remembered something?

I’m in front of the hospital right now and all I want to do is run as fast as I can to go see him, but I can’t do that, if he wants to see me for some other reason that has nothing to do with me running to him would seem crazy.

Walking in the hallways all I could do was take deep breaths and control my legs as much as I could, but it didn’t really work I was walking really fast, just more speed and I would be running. I finally got to the room and before I opened the door I took a few deep breaths; just when I was about to open the door MyungSoo’s mother appeared in front of me smiling, she just said hi in a whisper and kept walking out of the room. I bowed at her and went inside.

There he was in the bed looking at his phone like he had just seen something really strange in front of him.

“Did you just see a ghost or something?” I asked as I walked in and sat down on a chair next to his bed. I couldn’t help but smile, when I see him everything is just perfect, I feel like nothing else matters, just the fact that the boy I have fallen in love if looking at me is perfect.

“Not really, I was looking at some pictures and I was wondering why you and I look so happy in them.” That was not some kind of compliment, he really had no idea I could see that in his face, maybe he had remembered something small and he just wants to find out the rest of the story.