Chapter 3

Two Worlds Apart

I woke up a few hours later. I dont know when I fell asleep, but my arms were sore and I had lost the feeling in them from being bound up for so long.

I pulled on the chains trying to break myself free but all my attempts failed.

I could hear noises at the top of the stairs, so I stopped pulling to stop the rattling of the chains.

"Can we really keep her?" I heard.

Why do they keep refering to me as if I am an animal. 

"Yes were keeping her Hansol, now move out the way" I heard the door close and footsteps coming down the stairs.

I tried to act as if I wasnt just trying to break free and sat there with my most normal face on.

Down came Kikwang with a handful of things.

He placed them down in front of me and smiled. 

He sat down.

"These are for you" He said.

He reached for the stacks of blankets he had brought down with him and spread them out.

"Can you stand up for a second?" He asked.

I just stared at him, like 'how on earth can I get up'. 

He took notice.

"Let me help you" He stood up and grabbed my waist, helping me balance as I stood up.

I had to bend down because it hurt trying to stand and lean over.

He spread out the blanket to what would be the most convientient to me, and they were thick fluffy blankets that were perfect because the tile floor was freezing.

"Here are a few pillows" He placed two giant pillows down on the blankets, and spread out another blanket on top.

I sat down on top of the "bed" that Kikwang made for me.

"Okay so im going to unchain you for a while, but you better not move or ill hurt you" He said in a different tone that i've never heard from him since i've been here.

"And I dont want to hurt you"

I nodded my head.

He leaned in and reached over to the chains. He unhooked one hand and I contemplated whether or not to hit him in the head and try to take off the other chain.

But what if the other guys are right outside the door?

They would just kill me right then and there.

I decided that I would like to live and I just sat there.

I could see him eyeing me now and then to see what I was going to do.

He took my free hand and chained it again, but lower to the ground.

He unchained my hand that was still above my head and stood up.

He started walking over to the stairs and left the room.

I was confused. Maybe he's letting me go?

Maybe he's testing me?

I decided to test my luck and tried to unlock the chain.

It seemed impossible without a key and I didnt have a bobby pin.

I tried to search around the floor for anything sharp, but to my luck there was nothing.

The door opened again and I heard the footsteps, but more than one. Multiple.

I stopped moving and watched as both Kikwang and Yoongi made their way down the stairs.

I tensed up at the sight of Yoongi. He, to me, was the definition of the word sinister.

Kikwang sat in front of me and placed some food down.

I looked down at the tray of food and there was a bowl of rice and another bowl full of something else that I didnt know.

"What is that?" I asked pointing at the bowl of the unknown meal.

"Does it matter! Just ing eat, youre lucky were even feeding you" Yoongi said. 

Kikwang rolled his eyes and smiled at me.

"This is kimchi, you've never tasted it before?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"Well its a traditional korean dish thats made up of fermented cabbage and delicious seasoning, occasionally eaten cold but I like mine cooked, so I heated it up for you" He explained.

"This isnt a cooking show" We both heard Yoongi in the back.

I stared at the kimchi.

"How do I know that you didnt put anything poisionous in here"

I heard Yoongi smack his teeth.

"If youre so ungrateful, you dont have to eat it" He walked over and took the tray away.

"No!" I grabbed his arm with my free hand.

He glared at me for grabbing him so roughly, but I didnt care.

He slammed the tray back down and rolled his eyes.

"Kikwang, you can go" He said, and Kikwang went back up the stairs.

Once the door closed, Yoongi just stared at me.

"Are you going to just watch me eat?" I spoke.

"No im trying to figure out why should keep someone as dense as you. Someone's offering you food and you're not eating it. Rude" He said, seriously.

"What makes you think im rude? You're the psycho that has me prisoner for no reason-"

My throat was grabbed as he got in my face.

"For someone who is held against their will, you sure dont seem like you want to live very much" He said, and let me go.

I tried to keep my poker face and look like it didnt hurt.

I glared back at him for about 10 seconds, until I looked back down at my food.

I picked up the spoon that sat there and picked it up.

I began to eat the warm rice that was in the steel bowl.

"Is that the only thing you see on the tray? Eat everything!" He yelled at me.

What are you, my mother?

"I cant eat with those things" I pointed to the chopsticks.

He sighed and picked them up.

"Its so easy" He said.

He held them between his fingers and I watched his every moment and how he had his fingers placed on the two steel sticks.

He picked up a piece of kimchi and held it up.

"See" He said, and placed it back in the bowl.

He dropped the chopsticks and I picked them up.

I tried to grab them and mimick his movements but I was very limited with only one hand and I kept dropping the chopsticks.

He sighed and picked them back up.

He grabbed a piece of kimchi and held it on my face.

I wasnt sure if he was trying to feed me or not, so I just opened my mouth anyway.

He placed the kimchi in my mouth and I must say, it really was good.

"Baby" I heard him mumble under his breath.

A while after chewing it, I felt the heat kick in.

I started coughing and fanning my mouth.

"Can I have some water?" I asked.

"No" He said, and stood back up.

He walked away and stopped at the top of the stairs.

I couldnt see him, but I could hear him.

"Hurry up and finish eating. I'll be back later to check. And dont bother trying to escape, its pointless" 

I heard the door close and I sighed.

I pushed the chopsticks out the way and grabbed the spoon again.

I used the spoon to eat the kimchi because it was easier for me.

I didnt realize how malnourished I was until I began stuffing my face with the food.

I felt most comfortable eating without any of those creeps staring me down.

I began mixing in the kimchi with the rice and eating it together.

** 

10 minutes after I finished eating, I heard the door opening again.

I prepared myself for the menace Yoongi, but was suprised to see Hansol coming down the stairs.

He had a cup in his hand and set it down next to me.

He grabbed the empty tray and walked away.

"Wait. Where's Yoongi? He said he'd come down and get my tray" I said.

"He's sleep. Dont concern yourself with him and just go to sleep" He said and continued to walk up the stairs.

He shut off the lights and it was pitch black.

I slowly reached over to the cup he placed next to me and tried to not knock it over.

I mean thanks for giving the water this late. I thought to myself as I drank it.

I sighed and tried to lay down and get some sleep because I had a huge mission set.

~~~

I woke up after a few hours of sleep, I needed to sleep and then feel rejuvinated for what I was about to do.

It was still dark so that was good.

I moved my hand and accidentally knocked over the empty cup that was once filled with water.

Quickly I picked it up before it made anymore noise.

I continued to move my hands around until I found what I was looking for.

I picked up the one chopstick that I purposely left behind and felt for the sharpest edge.

I ran it against the tile floor and tried my best to sharpen it.

Quietly, I felt for the chain and tried my luck to pick the lock.

After many attempts, my arm was getting sore and wrists were hurting even more.

With a little more give and wiggling, I was able to free my wrists.

I silently cheered and grabbed the sharpened chopstick, which was now my weapon.