Chapter 1

Two Worlds Apart

"you what do you think about this one?" I heard my best friend say.

My best friend and I were house shopping today, because we're graduating from USC in about a week and we wanted to move into a house after leaving our dorm.

"I really like this one. Its quite spacious and the view is amazing" I told her, as I looked out into the backyard.

"Would you like to see the upstairs now?" The realtor asked.

"Yes please" We both said at the same time.

We followed the lady upstairs and she took us to the first room.

"I love this room" My roommate said.

"Called it, sorry you"

"Its fine" I laughed.

"This is the next room" She opened the door into a bigger room.

It was much bigger than the first one and it had a better view of the city.

"HA!" I said to my roommate. 

"Not fair" She scoffed.

"Thats what you get for not seeing all the rooms before calling dibs" I did a little happy dance.

The  realtor just laughed and continued to show off the house.

"Do you want to see the bathrooms?" She asked.

"Yes" My roommate said.

"I'll catch up to you guys in a bit, I want to look around more" I told them. I just really wanted to see how big the closet space was.

I opened up the closet door and it was huge. I could fit all my things and more into this closet.

I looked to the very back on the right side of the closet and saw another door that was colored to match the walls, but seemed like it was meant to be hidden.

I went to investigate and see what was inside.

"I wouldnt do that" I heard a mans voice.

I jumped out of fright, and walked out the closet to see who was in the room.

In the middle of the room was an older man, early 40s maybe, sitting in a chair.

"Who are you? How did you get in here?" I said, about to tell the realtor woman that there was a strange man in here.

"No-wait. There's no point in telling anybody im here" He said, and I stopped in mid-motion.

"Why not? This is a private open house" I said.

"They wont be able to see me, only you can see me" He said.

I was confused by what he said.

"Are you possibly trying to tell me that you're a ghost?" I looked out the door, to see them still talking in the bathroom.

I looked back in the room to see the man had disappered, and the chair.

"Phew" I sighed in relief.

"I really thought I was going crazy"  I said to myself.

"You're not crazy" I heard behind me.

I jumped again, almost screaming out from the top of my lungs.

"How did you do that?" I asked.

"It doesnt matter, what matters is you about to go through that door" He said.

"Why cant I go through that door?" I was curious.

"Its like a black hole, but once you go in and come back out, there's no going back in" He told me.

"That doesnt make sense" I said, walking towards the closet.

"Its looks like a regular closet to me" I opened the extra door and saw nothing.

"Trust me, just dont go in" He said.

"Trust you? I dont even know you. How do I even know you're real?" I questioned the man.

"Dont believe me then, but when you regret it dont come looking for me" He said.

I walked away from the closet back to the room to say something to him, but he was gone.

"See, I knew I was just going crazy" I lightly slapped my cheeks to get a hold of myself.

Crazy old man. I thought to myself as I walked back into the closet.

I went to the extra door and walked inside.

It just looked like a ordinary empty closet, just smaller.

I closed the door behind me and turned back around and it was super dark.

I felt behind me and the door was gone, it was just a wall.

I figured since it was dark, I was turning around and I mustve walked into a wall.

Slowly, I used the wall as a guide and slid my way to find the door.

I finally found the knob and quickly opened it, because I was low-key freaking out that I couldnt find my way out.

Pretty stupid of me.

I walked out the closet and stopped dead in my tracks when I noticed that I was in a kitchen.

Confused, I looked back into the closet I was just in to see that it was a cleaning closet.

I now started to freak out as to where I was, when I started to hear loud thumping.

The kitchen was fairly empty with a few people inside.

They looked at me strangely as to why I was in the kitchen. As I was thinking the same thing.

A few seconds later, a man came rushing towards me, yelling at me but I couldnt understand him.

He was yelling and pushing me towards the exit out the kitchen, and he gave me a hard nudge out the door.

Now the thumping I heard earlier, was the bass of the music playing. 

I took a look at my surroundings and realized that I was in a club.

"What the fu-" I said to myself, before being bumped by a couple, who was obviously drunk.

I was then being pushed and guided through the crowd of dancing people who were all sweaty and drunk.

I was being gyrated and touched on as I tried to make my way out the crowd.

Normally, I would be thrilled to be at the club. But I have no clue where I am.

Am I even in LA anymore?

I started freaking out again, pushing people out my way trying to find an exit.

The next thing I heard was glass breaking and a few girls screaming.

The crowd started seperating in half and I was kinda left in the middle.

I just moved over to my right so that I wasnt in the middle.

A guy was then thrown in front of me. His face was bloody and he had sratches on his cheeks.

It was silent in the room since the DJ cut off the music because of the scene in front of me.

Everyone was quiet and just watched as did I.

Another guy was walking towards the bloody guy and he had a broken bottle in his hand.

Im assuming thats the sound of broken glass I heard.

He had this crazy look in his eyes as he kneld down infront of the guy and held the bottle in the air, about to jab the man below him.

Being so shoved in between people, I was bumped by a frightened girl behind me and fell on top of the guy with the bottle in his hand.

Gasps were the only sounds heard in the room.