Ruined it

Now what?

“Damn, you weren’t exaggerating!” - an overly amused Kyuhyun exclaimed after we all peaked into the room were a very drunk Hyukjae was crouched over a very embarrassed Yesung’s lap, needless to say, the room was filled with gasps before a laughing Tiffany stormed  in to retrieve he blushing boyfriend. I wish I could be like  her and remain calm about it, laugh it off as it it weren't anything serious and maybe it isn’t anything serious but how else do you expect me to react when my boyfriend of barely 3 months is draped all over a former lover of his, drunk out of his mind, anything could happen and sorry that my mind is automatically going there instead of even for a moment considering all the funny outcomes this could have, because stripper-Hyukjae ought to be entertaining considering Yesung is a straight dude with a girlfriend, but at one point in life he was gay enough to with yet another drunken Hyuk so excuse me if I am a bit worried that, had we not barged in like we did, they would have gone there.

 

“Well heeeey ya!That looks niiice” - he slurred, pointing behind me, lustful gaze set on Siwon, of all people, who shuddered at the compliment and was promptly whisked away by an equally amused Liu wen, once the, and I quote “closest hottie” was out of sight, Hyuk’s eyes landed on me, racking my body up and down - “Heeeey,  that’s my man! he’s hot!” - he exclaimed, which brought a red stain to my cheeks - “come here boy toy, I’ll dance for you!” - he suggested, surprisingly not struggling to walk at all, it seems alcohol only disoriented him enough so that he turned promiscuous, but he walked and sorta talked just fine.

 

“Not the place, Hyukjae, not the place at all” - Kyuhyun pipped in unconvincingly, clearly enjoying my misery.

 

“Let’s have a foursome!” - he suggested loudly and every last drop of blood in my body split to be in both my face and I my crotch, I have never blushed harder in my life, but that seems to be a word that would better describe other bodily functions.

 

“Let’s not” - Kyuhyun yelled with a cracking voice, scandalized and mildly upset.

 

Seeing how the host was in no condition to continue the party, Lee Sora who had been quietly, almost invisibly, chaperoning the hole night, sent most of the guests home with the exception of us three. Seeing how he was being a party all by himself, it felt rude to leave her alone to deal with it.

 

“So… no foursome?” - he asked, semi-cutely in the silence of his own room where we sat awkwardly.

 

“No” - Sungmin spoke firmly, aware of his boyfriend’s glare.

 

“Let’s play a game then!” - he suggested cheerfully.

 

“Last time we played a game, the outcome wasn’t exactly fun” -  said skeptically with an eyebrow raised at his infantile pout.

 

“Never have I ever!” - he suggested again excitedly.

 

“That’s a drinking game, genius, you're already drunk enough for the four of us” - Sungmin reasoned.

 

“We can change the rules...” - he said with a smirk - “How about w-”

 

“No striping” - Kyuhyun interrupted, assuming the nature of the request - “I like the idea though, we can make it a betting game” - he finished with a smirk of his own.

 

“I’m interested… explain” - my boyfriend asked, leaning in unnecessarily to listen to the rules.

 

“The speaker points to the people he think did what he said, nothing too specific though cause it’s no fun. If he’s right, all the people who got caught owns him… let’s say 500 won ‘cause I’m low on cash” - he finished.

 

“I guess we can do that, get your wallets out, I want to start” - Sungmin pipped in oddly excited at the mention of money, and it occurs to me that maybe he has the upper hand for being the only one who knows all three of us well enough - “Never have I ever… slept in a car, And I bet on… Hyukjae!” - he exclaimed, pointing with his finger, sure of his choice.

 

“Sorry, I have a car, doesn’t mean I’ve slept in it” - he cleared, looking smug - “better luck next time, now it’s my turn… Never have I ever failed a calculus test” - he sentenced, looking around as if pondering on his victim before adding - “I bet on Donghae”

 

“That’s no fair” - I countered, handing him the money anyway - “You know I’m the only one going to college!”

 

“There was still a chance you were good at it, guess not” - he mocked with a silly wink that looked more like an eye tick in his inebriated state.

 

“Ok, fine, never have I ever broken any bone, and I bet on Hyukjae” - I said confidently, yet the smirk never left his lips as Sungmin raised his arm signalling he had too.

 

“Sorry, buddy, Judo black belt over here, it happens” - he clarified proudly.

“Moving on… never have I ever…been with a girl” - Kyuhyun spoke in his turn - “And I bet Donghae and Hyukjae have” - he finished, extending his hands with the knowledge that he had won, no doubt.

 

“I really can’t believe you haven’t thought” - Hyukjae quipped in awe - “How do you even know you’re gay when you’ve never experimented? I say you guys take a break and let the boy know the world” - he suggested

 

“How about no?” - Sungmin deadpanned

 

“C’mon, he needs to learn the horror that is wide and sloppy V so that he can properly appreciate the tight heat that is your- ”

 

“Shut up!” - Sungmin interrupted the embarrassing rant - “My turn!” - he exclaimed loudly raising his hands in obviously exaggerated excitement to change the subject - “Never have I ever… Been arrested!”- he said and I turned to look at Hyukjae as subtly as I could - “And I bet on either of you” - he finished, getting a skeptical look from Kyuhyun - “What? Is a valid bet right, if I’m right you all have to pay me” - he finished cheerily in hopes of getting 1500 won as a prize, but then the smile dropped as Hyukjae raised his hand, head bowed low in all then shame a drunk person could muster -”No way! When?!” - Sungmin asked indignantly.

 

“A long time ago” - was the simple reply.

 

“And you didn’t think to tell me?!” - he demanded in frustration, feeling betrayed that his boyfriend of two years kept such a heavy secret - “What did you do!?”

 

“Don’t overreact, minnie” - his boyfriend intervened - “I’m sure it was nothing major, we’ve all had our screw ups” - he tried to mend.

 

“It was just… drunk driving, can we move on now?” - Hyukjae pleaded, eyes somber.

 

“People don’t go to jail for drunk driving, they get a ticket, it must have been more than that” - the shortest one insisted, causing both Hyuk and myself to look down as we were flooded by memories.

 

“I’ll tell you if you want to know… but this isn’t the time for that”

 

“No, Hyukjae, the time for that was at some point during the two years we were together, yet you hid it from me, now I deserve to know, NOW” - he insisted, beginning to get noticeably angry.

 

“You really want to know? FINE” - Hyukjae exploded, looking sober again and equally irritated - “I was driving while drunk and got into an accident, someone died in that accident, but the other driver was drunk too so he took most of the responsibility  for the death of his wife” -  he spoke without pause, eyes burning into Sungmin’s as angry slits grew into surprised sources.

 

“You killed somebody!?” - he exclaimed

 

“I did no such thing, I told you, the other guy was at fault, he was drunk too and skipped a red light, sure I was irresponsible but I didn’t actually cause the accident!” - he defended.

 

“Still, you were at fault too! Don’t you feel bad for that man who took your whole punishment for you!?” - Kyuhyun accused, siding with his shorter boyfriend.

 

“He was the scum of the earth, I felt bad for the wife and the baby… never that man” - he spoke tersely.

 

“There was a baby!? Hyukjae!” - Sungmin screamed, gaze darting left and right, confused as to how to react.

 

“Yes, she was pregnant, wanna guess who the father was?” - he asked, face twisting in an unpleasant expression that promised discomfort. I know my boyfriend , he is not like this, he wouldn’t speak this way about that subject, I know because I lost count of the tears he shed as he recounted that night to me. This is his drunken mind speaking and I’m scared of what it’ll say - “Judo black belt… ring a bell?”

 

“Are you implying he has a bastard child somewhere?Don’t make me laugh Hyukjae” - Kyuhyun snorted.

 

“Nah, a bit older, taller, bigger, married, abuser, adulterer… Ring. A. Bell? ” - he punctuated heavily and it was in a nano second that recognition shone in the brown eyes of a quickly tearing Sungmin, unpleasant memories that I know no details off rushing forward, images, words, sensations buried for so many years, surfacing like they never left. Kyuhyun was lost, all he understood was that Hyukjae’s words had upset his boyfriend and all he could do was scowl as he struggled to understand the relation between the accident and Sungmin - “I never told you about it because I felt like you were better off thinking he had gone off to live a happy life with his happy family” - Hyuk spoke softly, warm returning to his eyes as he came back to his senses - “You didn’t need to know that he was an alcoholic wife beater, you didn’t need to know that you weren’t the only one he had been cheating with”- he continued, the hurt and sorrow evident in his soft, watering eyes that were glued to the bloodshot ones of a sobbing male - “ I know how strongly you felt for him, and I didn’t want to ruin it for you...”