18.

Now what?

SUNGMIN'S POV

 

“Hey, Kyu, look at this” I called my boyfriend who was in the kitchen making popcorn to show him a text I had gotten from Hyuk “Read this” I instructed once he came behind me to look at the phone over my shoulder “It’s from HyukJae” I add.

 

“We aren’t together?" he reads out, a question mark in his tone that wasn't part of the text "What’s that supposed to mean?” He asked confusedly, leaving for the kitchen once more as the microwave beeped.

 

“Remember the guy he was with last weekend? I think it’s about him” I spoke loudly so that he could hear me from afar.

 

“Oh, that Yesunggie guy?” He asked as he sat beside me with the bowl in hand “They looked good together, though” he comments before taking a fistful of popcorn to his mouth.

 

“I know, right? But I guess it’s a good thing” I comment simply.

 

“Huh? Why?” He questiones, frowning “Don’t tell me you…” he trailed off with a worried, almost panicked expression.

 

“No! Of course not, silly, I’m over that. I’m with you now so don’t worry about him” I reassure as I realize what he was thinking “It’s actually about Donghae”.

 

“Your roommate? What about him?” He asked, munching on the popcorn like he were watching a movie, which I found kind of fitting considering how I was about to begin an epic narration just to humor my own love of gossip.

 

“You see, about 2 weeks ago I caught him ing in the shower, nothing new, really, and not like I saw anything, there was still the curtain between us but I just knew it from the sounds he was making-” I began to tell watching in amusement as his expression morphed into one of distaste and he dropped the food he was about to it back into the bowl.

 

“Minnie please! I’m eating!” He interrupted with a face of false disgust.

 

“Shut up. Anyway! The funny part is that he was jerking it off to a fantasy in particular and you wouldn’t believe the name he was screaming” I paused for dramatic emphasis “HyukJae’s! Like, you know he isn’t even gay so I was SO surprised I yanked the shower curtain open and there he was, in all of his glory and-“ I continued my telling, getting increasingly more excited until he interrupts.

 

“Hold up. You saw him ?” He asked in annoyance. I must admit his silly jealousy can be quite cute sometimes.

 

“That’s not the point, love, the point is that he was indeed doing it and for Hyuk, my Hyukkie! A man!” I finished exaggeratedly, all but spelling out he WANTS the D with my eyes wide open.

 

“Okay, I get it, Hae’s gay now, what’s the big deal?” What’s the big deal!? A change in uality is no big deal!?

 

“C’mon Kyu, work with me here. This is my roommate having the hoots for my ex who knows for how long. I confronted him about it and he said he has had a crush on him for a while now, can you believe that?” I ask, trying to encourage some reaction out of him. This is prime gossip right here, some people just don't knwo how to appreaciate.

 

“Sure” he said calmly “Hyuk is a pretty likable guy when he isn’t dating the man I love” he joked “I can see why Hae likes him, why? Don’t you want them together?” he asks, trying and failing not to sound jealous.

 

“I mean, I have nothing against him I’m just shocked that Donghae would turn gay all of a sudden” I defend, because honestly, I’m past being bothered from it.

 

I know I was still a bit hesitant when Hyuk and I separated but the past month with Kyu in an official relationship has definitely helped me make up my mind for good. HyukJae is an amazing guy and I’ll forever treasure him, but I’m over us now, I don’t think about him that way anymore and I’m happier like this, we both are.

 

“No one turns gay all of a sudden, he probably had it in him since the beginning and just needed to meet the right person” he explained wisely, looking over an imaginary horizon in a thinking pose for effect.

 

“And you think Hyuk is ’the right one’ for Hae?” I wondered skeptically.

 

“Call me hopeless romantic but I do believe in soul mates and maybe they’re it… I know we are” he said as he leaned in towards me, sneakily discarding the empty bowl so there was no obstacle between us.

 

“Oh, shut it! You just want to get into my pants” I said in a mock scolding as I playfully pushed him away, but the light atmosphere became immediately charged with unknown tension as his expression became one of hurt and a hint of resent became present “Hey” I called to get his attention when I notice the change but he ignored me and looked away “Kyu, what’s wrong?” I asked but his brow furrowed farther and he made a move to distance himself from me but I wouldn’t let him “Kyuhyun, look at me. What’s wrong?”.

 

“Be honest with me” he began, still not looking at me “Are you attracted to me?” Huh!?

 

“What kind of question is that!? Kyu, I love you!” I half yelled because really, what made him so insecure all of a sudden? I thought we were doing great. I even said the L word for the first time last weekend after he walked me to the bus stop from his house when we had dinner with his parents. I was so moved when he officially introduced me as his boyfriend that I just felt it was the right time to tell him my true feelings, to reassure him that he wasn’t the only one emotionally invested in the relationship.

 

“I know, but Minnie, it’s been over a month already and… We’ve never even talked about it” he tried to explain shyly, confusing me even more.

 

“What do you mea-” I begin before he interrupts me again.

 

“Do you like me, Min? Like… physically?” He asked, finally turning to look at me but avoiding my eyes.

 

“Phy-? Kyu, are you for real!? Of course I do! You’re gorgeous!” I reassured, grabbing his face to make him look at me so that he could see how sincere I was being.

 

“Am I? Because ever since that night we haven’t been intimate in any way, we don’t even make out and it’s not like you’re a that needs time or something” he sounds angry now and his words are getting ruder “I know you were ually active with HyukJae so why are you making me wait like this? Don’t you want me, is that it? Don’t I attract you like that?”.

 

“Where the hell is all of this coming from!?” I snap because he’s being ridiculous right now “Kyu I do like you! You’re hot and I want it just like you do but I just didn’t want to rush it” I defend, climbing on top of his lap, catching him offguard.

»I just thought it would come in due time, like, it would happen naturally one night” like this one “When Hae wasn’t in the apartment” like today “With us just chilling in the couch and we’d start kissing” I punctuated my words with a light kiss on his lips “And I’d end up straddling you” I roll my hips, earning a gasp “And you’d kiss down my neck...” by this point, he got the hint, but I wasn’t entirely prepared for the wet tongue he ran down my throat so I took a moment to moan before continuing.

»Then you’d grab my and fondle it just how I like it” check "And you’d stand up and carry me to the bedroom while we kiss passionately, and we’d lose our clothes on the way and then” An eager pair of lips shut me up before I could continue to narrate our… yeah, you know what’s next. Feel free to imagine it because I am NOT narrating THAT. All you need to know is that he picked me up with little effort, never stopping the kiss as he went into my room, gently placing me on the bed and gracing me with a mini striptease as he undressed by the side of it. I bit my lip as he climbs on top of me, gazing down seductively before diving in to steal the last of my sanity with a searing kiss.

 

 

You may imagine from that point onwards.