KillJoy

Now what?

Hey guys! It’s Me! The author!

 

This fic was supposed to have 29 chapters and a bonus at the end. That means I’ll be wrapping up the plot in the next chapter.

 

Unless... you decide you want it to go on longer, which is something I already have a lot planned for. I just don’t want this to drag on unnecessarily to a point where you guys grow tired of all the drama. So I’d appreciate your input on the matter.



 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SHINDONG'S POV

 

“Let’s play spin the bottle!” - suggests an overly excited Soonkyu probably in the hopes of seeing two hot guys kiss, which as a shipper and fujoshi, is what she lives for.

 

“Let’s not!” - retorts a grumpy Kyungsoo, when isn't he grumpy though?

 

“How about truth or dare, we can set a rule to keep it safe and PG-13” - says the ever so diplomatic Siwon, trying to reach middle ground. Our resident fangirl seems to agree with the suggestion along with the silent approval of several nodding heads. Kyungsoo is still grumpy but, when isn’t he grumpy?

 

So all 14 of us sat down on the floor in a not-so-circular circle. There was the birthday boy in question, Lee Hyukjae, next to his boyfriend, next to Sungmin, next to his boyfriend, next to Ryeowook, next to Tiffany, next to her boyfriend, next to Kai, next to his boyfriend, next to me, next to Liu wen, next to her boyfriend, next to Choi Sooyoung, Siwon’s sister, who sat next to Sunny.

 

The gathered crowd is pretty big if you ask me, but the more the merrier, especially when hanging out with “friends”. And I put friends in quotes because not all of us are really friends with each other. Liu Wen is probably the best example, she’s here because Siwon is here and Siwon is here because he’s Donghae’s bestfriend. This is his first time meeting Hyukjae, they don’t even talk on facebook. And we ALL talk on facebook, is like the neutral ground where people who would never even greet each other can talk; like me and Kyuhyun, me and Donghae… actually me and EVERYONE but Hyukjae, he’s the only friend I have in common with all of this people. But I’m a DJ at a gay bar so clearly I’m used to big crowds of complete strangers and not being awkward around them. I mean I did get a communication degree, even if father dearest has made it useless.

 

Hyukjae gets the benefit of the first spin and it lands on Sooyoung, which is good for her because he doesn’t know her personally so has pretty much no idea what he should ask, since she wisely picked truth.

 

“Okay then, I’m going strong from the start: Are you a ?” - he asks and the room erupts in laughter and whistles. The question may sound easy for her age, what with how ually active this new generation is. But for her specifically, the sister of Saint Siwon, answering with a yes would be suicide. She blushes and looks embarrassed as she nods fervently. In this game you’re supposed to say the truth, but with family relationships at risk, you can’t blame her if she lies, it’s up to us if we believe her or not.

 

Now it is her turn to spin the bottle and it lands on Sungmin, who bravely chooses dare. Oh boy.

 

“I dare you... to twerk to a Hyun-a song” - she says, making everyone laugh as she gets out her phone to look for the perfect track. Sungmin gets up, more willing than he should be, and gets into position when RED begins to play. People around him start clapping to the beat as the boy pops his expertly. Kai says something along the lines of “Now I see why you like him” to a red faced Kyuhyun as he ogles at Sungmin’s booty, earning a hard smack upside the head from his jealous boyfriend.

 

My former victim sits back down to have his turn, spinning the bottle only for it to land on himself. Since it doesn’t count he spins again and it lands on a slightly tipsy Kai, who’s too busy apologizing profusely to notice the bottle points his way.

 

After he finally decides to tell a truth, a cheshire cat smile adorns the face of the gossip boy.

 

“Be honest: How do you feel about your boyfriend being so possessive?” - he shots, silencing the crowd because the man in question is right there and Kai doesn’t seem sober enough to make up a smart lie. It could get really ugly, really fast.

 

“You know what?” - he begins as he boldly turns to his grumpy boyfriend and starts to rant as he faces him, forgetting the people around them - “I hate it! Is not even that it annoys me when you get jealous, even though it totally does, you get so angry because of the littlest things and then I have to be all obedient puppy to get you to forgive me, but that’s not the worst! It it so insulting that you don’t trust me at all! Do you really think that just because I’m talking with a guy or that I’m friends with him then I’ll cheat on you?”

 

“Yes, I do!!” - he snaps back in anger - “I do think you’ll cheat on me first chance you get because that’s who you are! You’re a party guy, Kai, you used to go out and hook up and you had booty calls and all before we met, and I could never compete with that!” - tears of frustration begin to build up at the corners of his eyes - “You don’t even want me anymore, you’re just settling for me! And that’s so hard to live with but I love you so much, Jongin! I don’t want you to leave me and I’m afraid you’ll find someone better if I let you meet new people and then you’ll just get rid of me!” - he finishes with panting breaths, tears running freely as a gaping crowd and suddenly sober Kai look at him.

 

“Kyungsoo, what do you mean I don’t want you? You know I-”

 

“Don’t say it!” - The smaller boy interrupts - “Don’t say you love me when you don’t mean it! I see how you look at other people, you don’t look at me like that anymore, you haven’t even touched me in more than a week!” - he bellows in desperation - “I can’t even feel my legs with how tight this jeans are, I KNOW my and legs look great in these but you haven’t even noticed! And whenever I try to seduce you you say you’re tired! What changed, Jongin!? Is someone else satisfying you, is that it!?”

 

“There you go again, assuming the worst of me!”- the taller male complains - “I work in a dance studio, Kyung, If I tell you I’m tired it’s because I am! Of course I still want you, of course I think your looks great in those pants but there’s a dozen people in this room so I can’t pound it like I would like to"- the boy doesn't care enough to blush at his own statement and sights dejectedly instead- "I’m not having an affair, I’ve never had an affair and I never will; I’m not that kind of guy Kyungsoo, sure I have a colorful past but I was single back then! I have you now and I’m happy with you, I love you; you need to stop being so paranoid and believe in me” - Kai says as he wraps his arms around the shaking body of a sobbing Kyungsoo.

 

Awws fill the room as the hearts of all present swell at the sight of the chaste kiss the couple shares to seal an unspoken promise.

 

“Well now I feel bad I didn’t take my chance with you” - comes the mood ruining statement from the eldest Lee. Wait, no, Sungmin is older than him and he’s a Lee too. Which reminds me, are those two even legal, because if I’m not wrong that Kyuhyun guy is still a minor. Not the best time to ask, though.

 

“Now, who said you even had a chance with me?” - Kai retorts jokingly as he parts from his now calmed down owner… I mean, boyfriend. He’s totally whipped, though… don’t tell him I said that.

 

“Oh come on, don’t play pretend with me, you’re so easy to read. But hey, that’s all in the past, I’m happy with my boyfriend, you’re happy with yours” - Hyukjae concludes with a smile

 

“It wouldn’t have worked out anyways” -  the darker male counters - “I like big booties and you don’t have any” - he says while giving a wink to a blushing Kyungsoo and everyone laughs, lighting up the mood before continuing with Kai’s turn to spin.

 

The bottle lands on a cheering Tiffany who bravely chooses dare.

 

“Well… I dare you to go out and stand at the end of the street, and to the first car that rides by, you shout…’50 dollars for a night, you interested?’ ” - sentenced a, please remember he’s drunk and stupid, grinning dancer. Yesunggie seems to have half a mind to yell at him to defend his girlfriend from humiliation, but the girl herself is already making her way to the door in the company of a very excited, I believe you’ve already noticed a pattern here, Sunny.

 

The lot of us stand up to follow them to the door and look from a safe distance. The girls got into character the minute they stood in the intersection and began posing and making duck faces like what they think es do. For the record: they don’t.

 

They looked ridiculous and we were all partly amused partly wondering why did Sunny choose to join Tiff in this, do girls have a secret rule about selling their bodies together or not at all?

 

The scary part was when Tiffany finally said her line when a car drove by and the guy actually stopped. We were all thinking he was actually gonna get out and do something if they told him it was a joke, so Yesung ran up to them just when the guy was threatening to call the police if they didn’t move their business out of his neighborhood. Or at least that’s what they told us once they came back laughing their asses off. Apparently Yesung just cleared the misunderstanding and the guy drove away with a warning, apparently he believed him to be their pimp and was skeptical at first. But all was cleared in the end and it was back to the house for the next round like nothing happened.

 

Tiffany’s spin landed on sunny and she, being the merciful soul that she is, what with dating a former women beater and recovering alcoholic, gave away her turn because her friend had gone out with her when there was no need, so she took “standing in the street and pretending to be a hooker” as the already fulfilled dare.

 

Sunny’s spin landed on Yesung, and we all knew she was gonna dare him to kiss one of the other guys or worse, so he chose truth. Smart guy.

 

“Ohh, come on!” - she complained before putting on her thinking pose - “If you're going to be like that then: In the hypothetical universe where you and Hyuk have again, would you let him top?” - the entire circle went “oohh~” at the question while Yesung just smirked and the other implied party smiled at the… fond memory?

 

“Why’re you so sure he didn’t last time?” - Yesung responds cockily, not that such a statement leaves him in the best of positions, he mainly just wants to avoid the question.

 

“YOU. DID. NOT!!” - was the indignant cry of shell shocked Liu wen. Her first words in the night, actually… congrats, I guess.

 

“You couldn’t have?” - Ryeowook half stated, half asked.

 

“Was Park Yi Jeon so bad that you considered going gay all the way?” - tackless Kyuhyun in the house!

 

“Well, yes she was bad, why thanks for the reminder. But no, I’m still straight and of course I didn’t bottom that time and I wouldn’t either in the hypothetical future” - he answers smoothly, bringing a disappointed pout to the cute face of Soonkyu.

 

See how I switch between real names and nicknames? I’m just evil like that, trynna confuse ya’ll.


 

Now it is Joonwoon’s turn to spin and it lands on Tiffany again, but like a gentleman he lets it slide, while some people protest but he’s besties with the host and Hyukjae said something like “it’s ok, it’s love” which is funny if you get the reference, simply cheesy if you don’t. Great dorama, Kyungsoo deserves a prize for that role if you ask me…

 

What? Surprised? Come on! Did you think we were all stupid tenageers partying away our college years? Allow me:

 

Do Kyungsoo, the screen actor; Kim Jongin, owner of his own dance studio; Liu Wen, the international model; Choi Siwon and Choi Sooyoung, the wealthy heirs; Lee Hyukjae, the JYP entertainment dance trainer; Lee Soonkyu, the idol make up artist…

 

Then there is us, lowly peasants.

 

A DJ, 2 waiters, a college student. I know Yesung has a job, just don’t ask me what it is. And I believe Tiffany is a trainee, so she’ll soon debut as an idol and join the list of “them who are above us”. I also have no idea what Ryeowook is doing with his life.

 

Moving on…

 

Tiffany spins again and the bottle lands on Hyukjae, Hyukjae is smart, Hyukjae chose truth, be like Hyukjae.

 

“Why did you and Junsu break up?” - she fires straight away like she had planned this moment for the entire game.

 

“He moved away” - was the simple, stoic response.

 

“What? So no cheating, no fighting? No dramatic breakup? No nothing?” - she adds in frustration.

 

“I’ve been cheated on enough, I think with 3 under my belt I’ve had my fill. Sorry to disappoint you but we just agreed long distance wouldn’t work and he left” - he said with a shrug.

 

“Pause! Does that mean you’d take him back when he comes back?” - Liu wen has spoken for the second time tonight, a round of applause for this lady.

 

“I believe I already said my truth” - Hyukjae shut her up rather rudely, but I agree.

 

 

Hyuk took his turn and it landed on Kyungsoo, who surprisingly chose dare.

 

“Well this should be fun: I dare you to kiss me on the lips, 15 seconds minimus” - he gave with a sly smirk, and of course it was a way to troll Kai because that’s how their dynamics work, but not everyone understood the joke.

 

“No way! Why the hell would you want to kiss him!?” - Jealous much, Lee Donghae?

 

“Is not that I want to kiss him, I just want him kissing someone and forcing anyone else would be unfair since it is his dare only” - Hyukjae reasoned

 

“ you” - Jealous much, Kim Jongin?

 

“Love you, too, bro” - Hyuk replied with a smile - “Now come here, cherry lips, it’s a dare so you have to do it”

 

You may cover your eyes for what followed. I know I did.

 

Donghae was actually counting out loud the sentenced 15 seconds, faster than he should, mind you, which is probably why he got to count up to 26 before they actually parted, or maybe it was because someone was enjoying it a bit too much. It’s hard to guess who when Hyukjae is looking chill as winter while Kyungsoo blushes like a schoolgirl.

 

SARCASM.

 

Which is weird because as an actor he does a lot of fake kissing and should be used to feeling nothing from it. I guess Hyukjae is really good, like the rumors say. I wouldn’t know, I’m straight. A race in danger of extinction if you ask me, let’s see how many straight man we can count…

 

4? Out of 14? Really?

 

And 4 girls out of 14, too? Well counting the currently absent Lee Sora noona, there’s 5 in 15. Should I count Jess and Yijeon while I’m at it? So 7 in 17. Well, that’s much better, now I can feel like not all of my friends are faggots.

 

I probably shouldn’t be using that word around this particular crowd.

 

Back to Kyungsoo blushing like he enjoyed it, and Kai looking like he wants blood. Hyukkie feeling proud of a revenge well delivered, whatever it is he was taking revenge for.

 

Kyungsoo’s spin lands on me. I choose dare because what’s the worst he can do?

 

“I dare you to give Kyuhyun a !” - he shouted while he clapped in joy. Little devil.

 

“What the ! Why me!? I don’t want to see that!” - well, how nice of you.

 

 

“What the hell happened to keeping it PG-13?” - I protest.

 

“Well my 13 year-old self was already a pro at lapdancing so c’mon, get it on!” - he shot back excitedly, what happened to him all of a sudden?

 

“Excuse me, I don’t think I heard that right” - Kai interjected, sounding rather put off by the admission.

 

“My first role was in a musical, I played a homeless child who stripped for a living, you already knew that” - he explained to his baffled boyfriend.

 

“You never told me you were so young”

 

“I was 12, never thought that was relevant” - he explained offhandedly before turning to me once again - “Now go! Get on top of him! Soo! Play some dance club music”

 

And Sooyoung just HAD to play JayPark’s…


 

wait for it…


 

… Mommae.


 

my life OTL

 

But it was a dare and I do have my pride so I dutifully stood up and so did Kyuhyun, albeit reluctantly, he went over to sit on the couch and I, very slowly and carefully not to rub any body parts together, got onto his lap, facing him, legs on both sides of his thighs.

 

“God, I can’t believe I have to do this with you of all people” - Shindong, that's me, says ina huff.

 

“What’s wrong with me?” - he has the gall to sound offended

 

“You’re a freaking baby!”

 

“Hey! I’m 19!” - he defends, unaware that it was all a plot to clear that particular doubt of mine.

 

“Whatever” - I say sassily before beginning to sway my hips, still avoiding contact between our crutches.

 

This is another one of those times when I recommend you close your eyes. I know I did.

 

Once that was over, I took my turn and oh boy, Lee Donghae. Now, I know he did nothing wrong, but I’m still taking my vendetta out on him. He chose truth but that won’t save him.

 

“Let’s say there’s a fire in the house and we’re all gonna die” - I begin, earning a few gasps while some lean in to listen more carefully to what I’ll say next - “You, and only you, have a chance to escape and take other 2 people with you, who would it be?” - I know the obvious answer is Hyuk, that’s why I said 2 and not just one, he could have gotten off too easy saying he’d save his boyfriend, but now he has to choose another person and a birdie told me that’s a hard question to answer.

 

“Hyukjae and Siwon” - okay so maybe it wasn’t so hard, screw him.

 

“Hold up? So you’re going to let me die!?” - thank you Sungmin.

 

“I mean, he’s my best friend so-” - he was hastily interrupted by an increasingly angry Sungmin.

 

“Donghae, we’ve lived together for over a year now!” - he complains.

 

“I know and thank you for that and I love you, but I’ve known Siwon all my life, he’s like my brother!” - he defends, whinily.

 

“Then why don’t you go live in his house!?” - whoa! this is getting dramatic.

 

“I don’t live in your house! I pay half of the rent! It’s mine too!” - he points out.

 

“You wanna talk money now?! Really!? At least I make my own! You’re living off of what your parents send you!” - ouch, kitty has claws. Sorry if my narration isn’t all that … narrative, I’m just enjoying the catfight show. Cue mischievous wink.

 

“Why the are you bringing that up!?”

 

“Babe-” - shut up Hyuk, don’t ruin the fun!

 

“Shut up!” - yeah! you tell him, Minnie! - “If you like him so much better than me then ing move in with him!”

 

“Oh, I would!” - meow - “I would so much rather live with someone who isn’t having in the adjacent room Every. ing. Night! Have some respect! You brought Hyuk over every Saturday now it’s almost 24/7! Let me sleep!!” - damn, am I the only one hearing hissing sounds?

 

“Sure! I’ll let you sleep when you learn to cook for yourself, or do your own ing laundry! You have something to learn about respect” - Ohh, dirty rags coming to light, now?

 

Don’t you just love how there are a dozen people in the room and nobody dares say a thing. We human beings are such cowards. Or maybe it’s voyeurism.

 

“Sungmin, the hell!? We agreed you’d do those things and I’d clean and wash the dishes!” - he counters angrily, like really angrily, his forehead veins are visible even from where I sit.

 

“Yeah right! Clean, he says! But when was the last time you vacuumed the ing carpet?!” - this is sounding more and more like a bickering married couple, or is it just me?

 

“Alright, enough!”- Lee Hyukjae, such a killjoy - “I’m not gonna sit through anymore of this. This is my birthday party for God’s sake, I’m not gonna listen to my boyfriend and my ex argue over house chores! I mean, for real? Do you guys even remember what you started fighting over? Donghae has known Siwon since birth because their parents were friends, you can’t compete with that so let it go already, Minnie. He doesn’t love you any less, he just does him more and you have no right to complain about being his second best because you ing cheated on me and I still forgave you, didn't I? Now kiss and apologize for all the hurtful things you both said, you can re-assign cleaning duties later, this is supposed to be a fun time amongst friends and I’m not going to let you both ruin it for the rest of us” - Hyukjae was out of breath by the end of his speech but satisfied at the timid nods he got from the embarrassed culprits who did exactly as told in front of the eyes of the wary onlookers, before walking away, heads down and metaphorical tail tucked between their legs.

 

And that was it for the truth or dare game.

 

Loud music began playing and Kyuhyun could be seen comforting a sobbing Sungmin while an ashamed Donghae went to the bathroom and Siwon followed. Hyukjae could be found near the refrigerator drinking the stress off while the rest of us, supporting characters, tried to ignore the heavy atmosphere and dance the night away.

 

Needless to say, now I feel bad I even asked that question, watching Hyukjae miserably downing glass after glass brings back unhappy memories that weigh heavy in my head. My only consolation was Yesung trying to talk him off of it.





 

Whatever happens next, you’ll never know because I guilt tripped myself into leaving early.