15 Feelings

Rules of the Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was new to this couple thing.

Inside I constantly had this feeling like I was going to burst, and it was frustrating how much this feeling took over my whole body. It was as if I had no real control over my body and no choice to the way I would react to things.

I’ve never had a relationship with anyone before. So I didn’t know how to act whenever I saw Jungkook. Was I supposed to hold his hand when we walked to class? Were we supposed to call each other cute nicknames? Or were we supposed to eat lunch together?

All these questions were raging through my mind, and I was not used to this sense of confusion. It pissed the hell out of me because I hated not being sure of myself.

Nothing seemed to change though. Jungkook acted completely normal around me. I couldn’t tell if his heart was beating as fast as mine. If anything the impact he had on me was a lot greater than the impact I had on him.

I knew that I shouldn’t worry about it and that it wasn’t a big deal, but I couldn’t help and feel insecure around him at times.

The day after I confessed to him I didn’t know what to expect in the morning so when he came to pick me up the next morning as he usually would my face heated up instantly.

“Good morning.” I ducked my head a bit because it made me feel even more embarrassed to imagine him seeing me blush that badly over just saying good morning to him.

He smiled casually as he always would to me. “Good morning. How’s your ankle feeling?”

I jumped a bit on my legs. “Yeah, it’s definitely better than before. You probably won’t even have to help me around anymore.”

In response he just pat my head. “Don’t get too ahead of yourself now ok?”

This only made my heart’s rate increase to an unbelievable speed. Was this even humanly possible? “I understand.”

He laughed and let his hand fall back down to his side. “Good.”

We continued to walk again in silence, and the only thing that I could think about was how his hand was vacantly at his side and all I wanted to do was slide my hand into his.

It took me a lot of mental preparation and telling myself to just do it. So once I convinced myself enough I ever so slightly reached my hand towards his.

Just be casual about it Lia. No big deal.

My hand was just centimeters away from his when suddenly he shoved his hands into his pockets. His hand hit mine as he did so.

I recoiled my hand as quickly as possible. He glanced in my direction. “Oh sorry.”

I shook my head trying not to self-combust from how close that was.

How could he be so normal? Especially after how he kissed me the night before. Just remembering it made my cheeks blaze.

When I took a glance in his direction he was just looking at his phone. All I could do was sigh. I guess he really wasn’t affected by me that much.

Knowing him this probably wasn’t his first relationship either.

Sure Jungkook liked me too, and I was happier than anything else just because of that fact, but at moments like that there was a little pang that occurred in my chest because clearly I liked him more.

Ironically the day after he kissed me when he was sick I didn’t catch a cold at all, but that was only for the first few days.

After about a week I opened my eyes in the morning and then it really hit me. “Ah, I’m sick.”

Gradually I got out of bed and found my uniform. “Must go to the nurse’s office.” I could at least get some medicine that would probably make me feel better. If anything I would miss the first few minutes of class then come in later.

I walked out of my room earlier than usual and text Jungkook really quick that I would be coming to class later then slid my phone into my pocket.

My feet felt like heavy stones dragging all the way to the nurse’s office. It was hard to walk faster than a slow pace because my head was pounding and I felt weak all over. 

By the time I made it to the nurse’s office it was barely almost time for first period to start. When I entered, once again, the office was empty. “Huh, this nurse is never here. Such a waste.”

I dropped my backpack on one of the empty chairs then proceeded to walk towards the cabinets. One of these was bound to have some sort of medicine for headaches at least.

My fingers were running over the different bottles reading what each one was used for when suddenly I heard someone clear their throat.

When I looked behind me I expected to see the nurse, but instead it was some student. He just didn’t have a jacket on. Instead he had a white button up with a tie. “Oh I’m sorry can I help you?”

The guy almost seemed to laugh to himself. Was something funny? “Excuse me, but do you know who you’re talking to?”

I frowned. Honestly, this student was beginning to annoy me. All I wanted was to take some medicine, not answer some pointless questions.

I groaned more inwardly. “I’m sorry am I missing something here?”

He then proceeded to laugh more loudly than before. “I’m the school nurse, and I would prefer if you could not look around in my cabinets while I’m not around please.”

He was the school nurse? This guy looked hardly even 23 or at least somewhere in his early twenties!

I awkwardly stood in front of the cabinets. “Um, I’m sorry I was just trying to get some medicine.”

The nurse wasn’t exactly condescending it was more like he was treating me as if I were just a little kid. It reminded me a lot of my older brother Kyung. “Would you want someone to look around in your stuff while you’re not there?”

My head was still pounding, but I shook my head anyways. He smiled because he felt as though he had proven his point. “Exactly, that’s why I don’t like students poking around in my stuff. By the way my name is Kim Seokjin. Most students call me Mr. Kim, people call me Seokjin, but I prefer Jin. So I would prefer you to just call me Jin.”

With every passing second my headache was getting worse so I wasn’t exactly in a joking or friendly mood. “Are you one of those adults that want to bask in their youth so they make all the students call them by their first name?”

He seemed to not get offended by what I said surprisingly. Instead he just smiled then continued to walk towards me, which ended up making me back up to one of the beds. “No I’m not and clearly you are here for a reason so let’s take care of that first.”

He pressed his hand down on my shoulder so then I would sit down on the bed. He spoke as he walked to one of the cabinets at the end of the line. “So what made you come here?”

I shrugged indifferently. The way he was acting was too familiar so it just put me in a slightly worse mood than usual. “I had headaches, and just feel really weak.”

After my response he came back over with what looked like a thermometer in his hand. “Well, let’s see how sick you really are. Open up.”

I reluctantly opened my mouth. He stuck the thermometer in then we waited for a few moments to pass. A beep went off and he then took the thermometer out.

As he read the numbers I kept my hands in my lap. It was weird to be around him. If Kyung were still alive he would probably be around Jin’s age. “Well, you are really sick so I suggest you take this medicine and then rest here.”

He was already pushing me to lay back on the bed, but I was in the midst of refusing. “No, it’s fine. I don’t feel that bad I can take the medicine then go to classes.”

This just made him laugh. He snorted. “You’re not even in good enough condition to go to class.”

I tried to get up, but he pushed me back down. “Well, then I’ll take the medicine then go back to my room.”

From this he shook his head. “No can do. With the condition you’re in you’re just going to get worse from here so you better stay here so then I can look after you.”

I was already opening my mouth to refuse again, but he cut me off. “Do you have someone else that could take care of you?”

Everyone that c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter