06 Deal

Rules of the Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jimin’s out again.” It had been almost a week since I last heard from Jimin. He had gotten sick and could not even leave his room because of how ill he was. On top of everything else the last time I saw him was when he wanted to talk to me, and we still hadn’t spoken since.

The anxiety of knowing what he wanted to talk about was killing me.

I had finished cleaning the gym already so I was moving on to the dance room. It felt like it had been a while since I been there.

Lately all my concentration had been on keeping Jungkook content with my services that it felt like I had been neglecting everything.

Clearly Jeon Jugkook was different that day in the classroom, he had actually helped me. He didn’t tell my secret, and he cleared everything up with the class.

Apparently, he told the class that he was receiving help from me in math because everyone knew that he couldn’t do math even if his life depended on it. And, of course since it was coming from Jungkook everyone believed him.

Sometimes it was infuriating how much everyone idolized him. It wasn’t like he was any different from the rest of us. Well, at least excluding the fact that he was the Dean’s son.

He really did have to attend all of his classes now so I got to see his annoying face more often. Although most of the time he was just napping, and when he wasn’t he would just throw paper airplanes at my head. He also had to stay after classes in detention for two weeks, which was hardly anything.

Somehow I assumed that maybe things might be different, but of course I was only assuming the best of him. Nothing really changed between us. It was as if nothing had happened and he hadn’t acted like he actually cared even if just a little bit.

Once inside the dance room I began wiping at the mirrors. “Maybe I should stop by Jimin’s room after I clean up.”

“Oh Lia!” I jumped in shock and dropped the towel in my hand on the ground. At the doorframe stood Jhope, V, and Suga.

V had the same smile plastered on his face. Unlike the other two maintaining their space V ran into the room and wrapped his arms around me. “It’s so nice to see you! What are you doing here?”

He jumped back hopping in place just enough to make me assume he probably had too much sugar recently.

“Um well since I’m a scholarship student I clean the gym and dance studio. Actually the studio is closed now so you guys probably shouldn’t be in here.”

Jhope and Suga had finally walked into the room.

Jhope seemed to be trying to be as cautious as possible around me. Most likely because of my outburst from last time. “Actually the Dean gave us permission to come whenever we wanted since we like to practice.”

My eyebrows raised. “Practice what?”

V jumped in place once again, but this time slightly higher. “Singing and dancing!” Suga raised his voice. “We practice rapping too!”

I snorted continuing to clean the studio even though they didn’t look like they were planning on moving. “Like an idol group?”

Jhope shook his head. “Not really. We mainly just do dance performances and competitions. Singing and rapping is just a side thing. We call ourselves Bangtan Boys.”

They all seemed pretty proud of themselves. “Bangtan Boys? Who came up with that?”

They all began stretching. Well, except for Suga who decided to just sit on the ground and scroll through his phone. He spoke nonchalantly. “Jungkook was the one who came up with it.”

He would come up with such a ridiculous name.

“Well, whether you guys are here or not I’m going to clean since this is the assigned time I’m supposed to clean.” I then continued to wipe the mirror with my towel ignoring the three boys behind me.

Jhope stood from the ground smiling from ear to ear. “How about we help you clean that way we can get it out of the way and you can finish early?”

I was already going to reject him when Suga sat up from the ground. “Oh no, I did not volunteer for this.”

I was nodding my head in agreement, but V jumped up and had already grabbed the towel from my hand. “Oh fun! It’s like if we’re kids again and it’s clean up time!”

He already started wiping away at the mirror at a way faster pace than I could attempt. Jhope walked over to me dragging Suga over by his leg. “So what do you want us to do Lia?”

In surrender I let out a sigh and let my arms cross in front of my chest. “Well maybe you and Suga could work on cleaning the mats and putting them away.

Jhope saluted me. “Roger that.” He then proceeded to drag a complaining Suga away.

Things went on like that. All of us were busy cleaning our respective areas, but every now and then some sort of dispute would break out that would result in the boys chasing each other around or wrestling on the ground.

“Hey get back to work!” They looked up at me from their position on the ground and in unison they all went back to work.

V pouted. “Sorry Lia.”

I shook my head. Sheesh I thought they were supposed to help me.

Right when we finally finished the door to the studio opened. I turned slightly expecting to see Jimin walk in, but it was Jungkook.

He tossed his backpack to the side of the room and in the process messed up the neatly piled mats. He loosened his school tie. “Man I thought I was never going to get out of that classroom!”

My eyes widened as I stared at him in disbelief. “Jeon Jungkook! What do you think you’re doing?!”

His gaze turned to me and his eyes seemed confused. “Oh Lia? Why are you here?” He then proceeded to plop down onto the messed up mats.

By this point I wanted to go up to him and yank out all of his hair. I edged closer and closer to him. “Get up now or else you’ll really regret it.”

This made him laugh and relax even more onto the mats, while on the other hand the guys were giving him worried looks. “What co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter