05 Confused

Rules of the Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wait what?”

The Dean folded his arms across his chest. “You know what I’m talking about. Someone had reported a male student exiting from your room last night.”

Still expecting for the Dean to say he knows the truth about my brother I stood dumbfounded in front of him until I realized what he was talking about. “Oh sir that’s a misunderstanding.”

He raised his eyebrows in my direction. “How could there be a misunderstanding. A boy was caught leaving your room. You do understand the consequences?”

In a state of panic I rushed to his desk. “Wait sir you need to understand I didn’t invite him-”

“So he just came in on his own? You can’t expect me to believe that.”

My eyes widened. I could not believe what I was hearing. I’ve never gotten in trouble before. I was always on top of my work and doing the cleaning I was supposed to. “Sir do you even know who was the boy that LET himself into my room?”

He ignored how I exaggerated the word “let”, but continued to size up the rest of my words. “No who exactly was the boy?”

It was satisfying to say that I couldn’t help, but smile as if I finally got Jungkook caught red handed. “Your son was the one who let himself into my room.”

Without hesitation I leaned back against the chair in front of his desk daring him to say something.

His face scrunched up in confusion. “That can’t be. Jungkook would never break the rules.” I scoffed. Was this guy totally ignorant? “Clearly sir you don’t know your son like I do.”

He slammed the papers in his hands down onto the table. “You know what I do not like your dishonesty Ms. Cho. It is better to tell the truth.”

I nearly choked in shock. “I’m not lying. It was really Jungkook.”

Despite the urgency in my voice he seemed unconvinced. “Young lady your lies are not going to get you anywhere in the current situation.”

Finally I had enough with his continued denial. “But I’m not lying!”

“Ms. Cho I will not have you raising your voice to me. If you had just told the truth originally you would have only been in trouble for letting a boy into your room, but this consistent lying has only put you into a worse position.” He put away his papers in the drawers of his desk. Then followed to pull out a white sheet of paper.

His hand slid the paper across his desk. It was a write up. The only times anyone ever got written up was when they were either getting kicked out or suspended from classes for a week.

“Sir-”

He put up his hand. “I don’t want to hear anything else. Just take the paper and leave. I expect it back by the end of the week.” 

There was no more trying to convince him it would have been like talking to a wall. With contempt I took the paper off of his desk and stormed out of the room.

What the hell?! How did this even happen?

I stopped in the hallway. I knew exactly how this happened. It was all because of Jeon Jungkook.

I wasn’t going back to class at this point. Adjusting the strap of my backpack I stomped down the hallway. That douchebag was going to pay.

V had said that Jungkook was off somewhere he didn’t know so I just went into every single place I figured he would be.

First I tried the gym to find it empty. After that I went to the dance room and no one was there too. Walking around the halls soon classes were let out and I received calls from Minyoon, but I ignored them keeping my focus on finding Jungkook.

If I even paused to tell Minyoon everything I would get so mad that I would lose track of actually trying to find Jungkook.

I was about to check to see if he was in his room, but then as I came by his room I found his friends there already.

Jhope saw me first. He was leaning against Jungkook’s door, but after seeing me he straightened up. “Oh you’re Lia right? By any chance have you seen Jungkook?”

Fed up with everyone asking me questions about Jungkook as if I knew I groaned rolling my eyes. “How many times do I have to repeat that I haven’t seen him anywhere?”

The annoyance in my words seemed to catch him off guard. “Oh I’m sorry I was just wondering well because we haven’t seen him all day, and he’s not even in his room.”

“Yeah, and you are his slave so we figured you may know.” V chimed in with the same oblivious smile on his face.

My arms naturally crossed in front of my chest. The anger from my meeting with the Dean was still resonating in me. “I’m not his freaking slave and it’s not like I’m his mother or something how am I supposed to know where he is?!”

V retracted from my yell as if I had hit him. Finally coming out of a state of silence Suga stepped forward. “Look here we are just asking you simple questions so all you have to do is answer simply. Raising your voice is unnecessary.”

His eyes challenged me and I wasn’t one to back down so I stepped forward also. “Well, maybe I’m just done with your guys’ bull.”

This made his eyebrows raise, which followed with a scoff. “Bull? You’re the one that’s being a-”

Jhope then pulled Suga back because he was stepping closer and closer to me. “Hey calm down it’s not a big deal let’s just leave her alone.”

Suga seemed like he wanted to say more, but instead he just let out a big sigh. “Fine.” After that he passed by me just centimeters from bumping shoulders with me.

Jhope followed him nodding his head to me.

After that it was just V and he was still. He bit his lip and folded his hands together. “Um, I’m sorry for always calling you Jungkook’s slave. If it makes you feel any better I think Jungkook is lucky to have you as his…” He searched for another word other than slave.

His eyes then gleamed as if he found the word he was searching for. “His friend.”

He then followed after Suga and Jhope, but squeezed me tightly in a hug before walking away. I wanted to yell after him that I wasn’t Jungkook’s friend either, but he was already gone.

Slightly confused and flustered by V’s words I released the air in my lungs and raked my fingers through my hair nearly pulling out my hair.

“I need air.”

Giving up on searching for Jungkook for just a bit I went back to the stairwell and took them all the way to the top of the building until I reached the door to the rooftop.

The door appeared to be locked, but if you turned the door knob just a little bit to the left then to the right the door would open due to its old faulty lock. No one really knew about it though so whenever I needed to clear my mind this was my usual escape.

Opening the door I felt a cool breeze hit my cheeks. “Ah this is what I needed.”

I rounded the corner of the stairwell building and proceeded to take my usual position sitting against the stone wall of the building. When I sat here I was able to look out to the open city of Seoul.

Sometimes it was just nicer to look at things from a bigger landscape.

I closed my eyes for a moment. I needed to look for Jungkook. I needed to sort things out with the Dean because for sure could not risk getting suspended from classes.

“What would Kyung do?” My older brother always knew exactly what to do.

At least he did until the end.

Suddenly I felt something hit my leg. I opened my eyes to find a paper airplane next to my leg. “What the hell?”

My eyes cast up to see o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter