20 All I Need

Rules of the Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The crowd was cheering and it was ear splitting the amount of noise echoing against the gym walls, but as scholarship students rained down from their bleacher seats to congratulate the team all I was focused on was Jungkook.

He stood across from me and I couldn’t put a word to the expression on his face, but it made my heart crumple like a wadded up piece of paper.

“Jungkook I-” I was going to say something to him, anything to change the disappointed look on his face, but the crowd of students encircled me with their congratulating.

“Wow Lia! That last play was amazing!”

“It really was, I was on the edge of my seat!” Numerous hands were clapping me on the back. “Yeah, you really pulled through in the end!”

Despite how there were many showering me with their praises I only nodded a quick thanks to them then weaved my way through the crowd to get to Jungkook.

By the time I escaped the crowd I saw him making his way out of the gym. My throat was dry and had no words to spare.

I watched as he walked past Jimin, and they wordlessly avoided looking at each other. Then before I could find the words to stop him he already had pushed through the double doors and was gone.

My heart dropped.

The guys all came up to me apologizing for how they didn’t win the game, but I shook my head and smiled anyways. It wasn’t their fault. On top of that it wasn’t their responsibility to bring things between Jungkook and Jimin to an end.

After the scholarship team received the complimentary tickets to the amusement park I decided to give mine to V and Minyoon.

Minyoon frowned at me, her eyebrows creased together. “Are you sure this is ok?”

I shook her worries off with a smile. “Yeah, don’t worry about it. I won’t need it anyways so you two should enjoy the park together.”

They accepted the tickets from me hesitantly, but still thanked me anyways. We all couldn’t say why the tickets were useless to me now.

As I was gathering my things I saw Jin from afar. He waved then gave me a thumbs up. “Good game!” He yelled across the court with a smile on his face.

Really I knew he meant to say. “We’ll see what happens now.”

Someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned to find Jimin standing there. Unsure how to act I tried to be as natural as possible. That resulted in me slinging my bag over my should casually, forgetting that I hadn’t closed it yet.

All my stuff came falling out. “Aw crap.”

We both bent down and began to gather my things. Once all my stuff was back in my bag we straightened up and I awkwardly cleared my throat.

Really Lia did you have to act any weirder?

Jimin started chuckling though and he covered his smile with his hand. “You don’t have to be so tensed Lia. It’s not like you’re my slave now or something.”

My cheeks flared red, which caused me to punch his arm. “Don’t say stuff like that!”

His smile didn’t falter as he put a ticket in my hand. “The ticket is for tomorrow so I’ll see you then. Is ten in the morning good for you?”

I grasped onto the ticket and nodded my head stiffly. “Yeah, that’s fine.”

A deep sigh heaved out of Jimin’s chest. “Just loosen up alright? Just be you and I promise you that tomorrow I will convince you to like me instead. I’ll do all the work.”

With one last smile towards me he left me standing there with ticket clenched in my hand. What was I supposed to?

Well, I knew the first thing I had to do.

After saying bye to everyone in the gym I found myself pounding down the halls of the school racing to reach my destination as quickly as possible. Sooner than later I found myself standing in front of Jungkook’s room.

I had to talk to him.

My hand rapped on his door, and I waited for someone to answer. No one came, but I just had a feeling that Jungkook was there. So I knocked again this time yelling for his response.

“Jungkook open the door, we need to talk.”

Nothing.

I raised my voice. “I’m serious Jeon Jungkook! If you don’t open this door right now then…” I couldn’t think of anything intimidating so I had to pause to come up with something, but before I could the door opened.

Jungkook stood on the other side of his door frame. He had changed out of his clothes and was now in a white t-shirt and sweats, his comfortable wear, and the look I liked best on him.

I’m not sure if it was the fact that the way he looked was extremely tempting to me, or if the fact that the next day I would have to go on a date with Jimin caused a feeling of anxiety to rise in me.

The next thing I knew I almost tackled him with a hug, which forced him to take a few steps back. I buried my face in his chest.

His voice came out a bit shocked, but at the same time he was lightly laughing.

“Is this your idea of talking? If so we need to have these conversations more often.” My laugh was squashed by how I had sought refuge against his chest, but he was still able to hear me speak. “Can you please not ruin the moment?”

We both started laughing and finally we separated. I shut his door behind me before I faced him again. “We really do need to talk though.”

Almost like a little kid he recoiled from me and walked over to the couch. “What is there to talk about?” I followed him. “You know what it is.”

He shook his head. “There really is nothing to talk about.”

I released a short breath then gripped onto his hand to stop him from escaping any further away from me. “We need to talk about this.”

His fingers interlaced with mine. “Jungkook, are you really ok with me going tomorrow?”

His response was hesitant and drawn out. “Of course I don’t want you to, but I made a deal with Jimin. I’ve never been the type to go against my word.”

That was the answer I was expecting, but I still felt a little disappointed.

“I know you are going to go tomorrow too because you are a kind person and wouldn’t flat out stand up Jimin, but it doesn’t change the fact that I’m afraid.”

His fingers slipped through mine and he retreated away from me again. It felt as though I was chasing him in circles. “Why are you afraid?”

For a while he didn’t respond and his back was facing me so I couldn’t see his face.

In a final attempt to make him open up to me I turned him around to face my hands were gripping tightly onto his shirt sleeves so then there was no way he could run away from me again.

I looked him straight in the eyes and repeated my question. “Why are you afraid?”

With nowhere left to turn he only one option left. He released a long breath before answering my question. “I don’t want things to change.”

He looked in the other direction for a moment so I took his face in my hands, forcing him to look at me so I could make sure he knew I was serious. “Jeon Jungkook nothing is going to change.”

His eyes cast down, and it was truly the first time I really saw Jungkook vulnerable. I was so used to him being the charmer. The one with so much to say, but for once he seemed insecure.

The past really can be unforgiving.

I ducked my head down so then I could be in his line of vision. With me hands still pressed against either side of his face I brought him closer to me. “I’m not going anywhere.”

Then before he could let any of his insecurities swallow this moment whole I raised up just slightly so then I could barely manage to graze my lips against his.

I was already lowering down off of my toes because I couldn’t stay on my toes for so long, but before I could come down his arms wrapped around my waist and he pulled me up nearly off my feet.

I gasped in shock by how he had lifted me up, my body pressed against his. With wide eyes my voice came out exasperated. “What are you doing?”

He looked at me sincerely though completely ignoring my question. “Please say that again.”

His eyes were intent and they bore into mine, so much that it sent chills up my spine. “I’m not going anywhere.”

Then as if we were at the alter on our wedding day and I had just said, “I do,” he swooped in to seal my words. His lips came crashing against mine with an urgency that made me grateful he was carrying my weight.

Otherwise I probably would have sank to the ground.

My fingers navigated through his hair and I didn’t want to be separated from him, but I needed to breathe too.

I broke away from him to take a long breath of air. My fingers were still entwined in his hair and I found my body aching for more.

His eyes were focused on me, yet at the same time they were surprised. Most likely with himself and how he had nearly killed me with his kiss.

“Can we do that again?”

This made a laugh escape from me, and I nodded my head. “Just kiss me already.”

I’m not sure exactly what happened from there I was into such a euphoria of emotions that I can really remembered was an overwhelming sense of buildup in my heart. It was as if my chest were going to explode, like a ticking time bomb every extra moment drew me closer to exploding.

Yet, at the same time I found myself hoping the next day would not come. Of course that was useless though.

The next day I woke up and I found myself in Jungkook’s bed. At first when I opened my eyes the morning light pierced me, and my vision was blurry.

As I took in my surroundings though I realized I was still in Jungkook’s room and what really sealed the deal was when I saw a shirtless Jungkook lying in the sheets next me.

My eyes widened almost immediately. “Holy !” I sat up with the blanket clutched to my body.

Oh dear god please let me still be a .

I peeked under the blankets to see that I still had clothes on. This made me sigh in relief. “Thank god.”

Next thing I knew Jungkook had sat up as well. “Good morning to you too.” His shirtless physique although I had seen it before made my heart leap into my throat.

I scrambled out of the bed still slightly in shock. “I slept over?”

He on the other hand was still in the process of waking up. He raked his fingers through his bed head hair. “Yeah, you kind of ended up falling asleep. So I guess that means you slept over.”

His words made my cheeks burn as if they were on fire. I slept over. I really slept over. Cho Lia how could you allow yourself to fall asleep in someone else’s room?

My clear flustered emotions made Jungkook laugh as he got out of bed too. He walked over to grab his shirt off the ground and pull it over his head.

“Don’t worry nothing happened.” Then just to poke fun at me he looked at me from over his shoulder a mischievous smile on his face. “Usually I sleep , but I figured that wouldn’t be the most appropriate thing to do.”

In response I just a grabbed a pillow off his bed then threw it at him. He dodged while laughing. “Oh my god shut up!”

Still laughing he plopped onto his couch. I straightened out my slightly disheveled clothes. “What time is it?”

Jungkook grabbed his phone off the coffee table in front of him. “It’s about 8:30.”

I had to go back to my room and start getting ready.

I gathered my bag that I had dropped near the front door. “Alright, I have to go get ready so I’ll be heading out first.”

He was unresponsive so I started to walk out, but he called my name. “Lia wait!” I looked back at him. He had sat up from his laid back position.

The words were right on his tongue. He was going to tell me not to go. He was going to stop all of this and tell me that not deal was worth letting me go, but he didn’t. “Call me when you finish up.”

Slightly let down I nodded my head with a smile. “For sure. Talk to you later.” Then I let the door click shut behind me.

I quickly took a shower when I got back to my dorm and continued to get ready. By the time I was finished it was already past 9, and it was a bit of a walk to the amusement park. So I left in a casual t-shirt and jeans outfit with my hair tied up in a ponytail.

Jimin had asked me to just be myself so that was what I was going to do.

Once I arrived to the park I gave my ticket at the front and entered inside. It was large and definitely new, bustling with many people running around.

It was already 10 so I che

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter