12 Chicken Noodle Soup

Rules of the Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I think I’m going to ask V if Namjoon is my secret admirer.”

Minyoon and I were sitting in the cafeteria. It had been just over a week since the dance. Not much had changed. Well except for Jungkook and Minyoon.

Ever since Minyoon had found out V’s older brother was Mr. Kim there was hardly ever a moment she wasn’t talking with him or stringing him along. It was actually surprising he wasn’t there eating lunch with us at that moment.

Apparently she figured that the closer she got to V, the closer she could get to Mr. Kim.

Originally when she told me this plan of hers I told her that it was ridiculous and inconsiderate to V. I wanted to just tell her that this secret admirer she was so head over heels for was him, but it wasn’t my place.

All she would say was that she would always be V’s friend and it wasn’t like she was doing anything hurtful. Even once she was with Mr. Kim she would still be friends with him.

As we sat in the cafeteria I stirred my chicken noodle soup, since it was getting cold as of late with the change of seasons the menu had changed to hot food. “Don’t you think that’s a bit sudden?”

She snorted shoveling more rice into . “Well I can’t just leave things the way they are. I have to find out at some point. Clearly Namjoon’s not going to make the first move so I might as well act first.”

I wanted to pull my hair out by this point. “What about V though?” Her eyebrows furrowed. “What about him?”

Trying to be as nonchalant as possible I shrugged. “Won’t he be kind of hurt?”

This just made her laugh. “Lia it’s an innocent question I’m asking my friend about his brother. I’m pretty sure that he won’t get hurt by that.”

But, V is your secret admirer.

She rolled her eyes. “At least I’m doing something. You aren’t doing anything about Jungkook. You two have just been acting weird lately.”

This wasn’t exactly a lie.

Ever since the dance because I twisted my ankle that night I’ve had to go easy on my leg and wore a brace just for support. It wasn’t exactly a big deal, but Jungkook treated it as if it was.

The first school morning after the dance I walked out of my dorm to find Jungkook waiting there with his hands in his pockets.

Surprised couldn’t explain what I was feeling at that moment. He groaned in a bit of an over exaggerated way as if he meant to tease me. “Finally, I thought I was going to have to wait here all morning. You really take a while to get ready you know.”

My mouth was agape in stupor, but after a few seconds of him staring at me with expectant eyes I found my words. “What are you even doing here? And, you’re the one that doesn’t even show up to morning classes!”

He laughed, but continued to pull off my backpack strap. “For your information I have been going to the morning classes for the past month, and I’m here to help you go to class. So come on.”

Still confused I pulled back in an attempt to get my strap back on my shoulder. “Ok, first of all I can manage perfectly fine by myself, and you really don’t have to do this so don’t worry about it. I wouldn’t want to make you have to get up so early in the morning.”

I wasn’t necessarily disappointed. To be honest my heart was beating way faster than normal, but it wasn’t like I was going to tell him that.

In response Jungkook just stood there still, and I wasn’t sure what to expect from him next, but then he did the most unexpected.

He lunged in to surprise attack me with a tickle rampage. “Ahh! What are you doing?! Stop!” I was laughing uncontrollably, and before I knew it the weight on my shoulders had disappeared.

Jungkook had finally given it a rest and when I came to from the attack he was standing in front of me with my backpack in his arms, a smirk plastered across his face.

I grimaced. “That was no fair.”

This only made his smile grow. “I never said that I play fair.”

I sighed. “You really don’t have to do this.” He shook his head though. “I do technically it’s my fault you got hurt because that girl was my date so I have to pay you back.”

The mention of that girl made a scoff escape from my chest. “That girl has nothing to do with you.”

He had started walking already so I had to limp over to catch up. “Just treasure this time that I help you. It’s not every day that the master works for the slave.”

Since then I would find him waiting for me every single morning. His hands in his pockets leaning against the wall as if he were ready for a photo shoot. He would walk me everywhere as if I were constantly in a state of danger. He even would help me clean after school, which would result in him and Jimin cleaning as quickly as possible to see who could finish first.

He was completely going out of his way, and it was confusing me even more. How did Jeon Jungkook really feel about me?

One part of me told me that it would be so much simpler if I just asked him. If I just put everything out there, but at the same time I was afraid of ruining everything. All of this. Whatever it was we already had.

I didn’t want to lose him.

The ringing of the lunch bell brought me back to the cafeteria, and Minyoon was already gathering her things.

I remembered what we were actually talking about. “Wait Minyoon!” She looked back at me her backpack strapped over her shoulder. “Yeah what’s up?”    

I had to make sure she didn’t ask V. He would be devastated if she did, but I didn’t know what to say. I ended up saying the first thing that came to mind. “Just give it some time a few days or something before you ask V ok? Please.”

Her face was hesitant, but then she let out a deep breath. “Alright fine, but honestly I really don’t know why you’re making such a big deal.”

A relieved smile broke out on my face. Thank god.

“What are you smiling for?”

I turned to my side to see Jungkook had appeared along with the others, and the girls that always followed them. “Can’t I just smile?”

He shrugged obviously just trying to annoy me for fun. His hand looped under my backpack, which received a wave of groans from the girls watching. Clearly I wasn’t the most liked person in the school.

V ran up to Minyoon. “Oh Minyoon! I wanted to give you something!” She frowned in confusion. “What is it?”

He then proceeded to pull out of his backpack a small stuffed lion doll. “This is for you.” He placed the doll in Minyoon’s arms.

Another roar of groans were heard from the crowd of girls around us.

For the first time ever I saw Minyoon’s faces soften in a way that even I had never seen. Her voice was shocked. “This is so nice of you, but why did you buy me a stuffed animal?”

V smiled his gummy rectangular smile. “I was just walking through the mall the other day and I saw it. It reminded me of you since you’re independent and strong like a lion.”

This made even my heart warm inside. While the guys next to me were gagging from the cheesiness. I pinched Jungkook. “Shut up.”

He stuck his tongue out to me. “It’s totally gross.”

In response Minyoon tossed her arms around him. “Oh that’s so sweet of you!” Minyoon didn’t really have a sense of personal space when it came to people she was friends with.

Usually V didn’t have a sense for personal space either, but his face turned so red that it looked like he was about to die from happiness.

Minyoon pulled away while smiling at him. “I’ll sleep with it every night.”

Now V really looked like he was going to pass out from Minyoon’s words.

V really was the best thing for Minyoon, and she definitely had to like him somewhat. There was no way she didn’t, but all she could ever think about was Mr. Kim.

Maybe if I had the same courage as V things would change between me and Jungkook.

Jungkook leaned down to whisper in my ear. “Can we leave before I puke from this?”

I rolled my eyes to then start walking. Did I really like this guy? “Whatever, it’s cute in my opinion.”

He followed along and we left the others behind in the cafeteria. “How is that cute? Don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter