10 Simple Crush

Rules of the Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My body took a few moments to react because of the amount of shock I was in, but once my senses returned to me I bolted down the stairs. In an attempt to get as far as possible from what I had just seen on the rooftop.

Why was I so upset? Sure maybe I liked him and I was able to admit it to myself, but it wasn’t anything serious. It wasn’t like this was some sort of romantic love story where it was meant to be. This was a simple crush that I could easily get over.

I wanted to get over him. I should have been grateful for this opportunity to get over him as painlessly as possible without even having to tell him how I felt, because clearly he didn’t like me.

Did I really think he liked me though?

Sure he was a douchebag, but he had his moments too where I thought maybe just maybe there was just a little more, even just slightly because wasn’t that how it was for me? Just a slight feeling of something more?

That couldn’t explain the sharp pain in my chest.

I had already been running down the hallway with no clear destination, lost in my thoughts when suddenly I bumped into a tall figure.

The impact forced me to almost fall backwards, but two hands gripped onto my arms firmly. After I had straightened myself out and the grip disappeared I looked up to see Mr. Kim staring down at me.

He seemed surprised to catch me running through hallway so wildly, although I guess I would have been shocked if I saw myself too.

Being forced to stop suddenly forced me to let everything of what I just saw hi me, and with all of Mr. Kim’s attention on me for some reason I felt my eyes begin to well up with tears.

Internally I began to panic, but the worst was that Mr. Kim began to panic even more than me by my unexpected tears.

His eyes grew wider than usual, and he began to look around as if he were looking for help. “Um… Is something wrong?”

Clearly there was, but I wasn’t up to telling Mr. Kim everything I was feeling at the moment, and clearly he was in more distress than me.

I shook my head.

He seemed to be even more worried since his hands began to fumble with each other and he continuously switched his briefcase from his right to his left hand. Mr. Kim may have been really good at math, but he for sure was not good with dealing with crying girls.

“Do you need to go to the nurse’s office, or water?” I shook my head forcing the stupid tears to subside, damn it this was so freaking awkward.

It was all Jungkook’s fault.

As if a light bulb went on above his head Mr. Kim suddenly gasped. “Ah! I know exactly what will help!”

He reached into his briefcase to then pull out a little carton of banana milk. “I was going to give this to Tae, but you seem to need it more.”

He was kind enough to put the straw in, but once he tried to poke the straw in somehow the carton exploded in his hand either because he squeezed too hard or it was a defective carton.

“Ah .” The liquid was all over his button up shirt.

My immediate reaction was to start laughing out of sheer shock. Mr. Kim always seemed to be the clean organized kind of man, but in the end it turned out he really was V’s brother.

He was a clutz that clearly cussed just as much as the rest of his students.

At first he was caught off guard by my sudden change in mood, but he then smiled and searched for something to wipe down his shirt with in his bag.

“I’m happy my short comings made you feel better.”

I reached into my bag quickly and pulled out a few napkins I had in there. “Here, thanks for making me feel better Mr. Kim. Even if it was unintentional.”

Mr. Kim had a nice smile too, he actually had dimples that were only seen if he smiled.

He returned to his usual serious self though without fail since I claimed to feel better. “Well, since you feel better you should definitely make sure to go finish your cleaning.”

I started to make way to the gym. “Yes, yes I understand.”

Almost out of hearing he yelled back at me. “You better not tell anyone in the class about this!”

I laughed. “Promise!”

After bumping into Mr. Kim my spirits were raised and I almost forgot about what I had seen right before that.

For sure I was still hurt, but I couldn’t let that weigh down on me. Besides it wasn’t like I had strong feelings for Jungkook. It was just a crush. Something I could get over, something I definitely would get over.

And, I would do so by acting completely normal. That was the best thing to do in most situations.

I wasn’t exactly sure what I would say to Jimin and what my response would be when he asked about the dance, but once I went to the gym I found it empty.

Confused I checked my watch and was surprised to see that a considerable amount of time had gone by. “Woah how long has it been since school ended?”

Worried that Jimin had finished everything by himself once again I ran to the dance studio, hoping that I would get to help him finish up at least.

Once I got to the door of the studio though I heard voices and when I looked through the clear door I saw Jimin and Jungkook standing in front of each other and the guys standing to the side in complete silence.

Tension seemed to be thick in the room.

Jimin’s arms were folded across his chest. “You need to leave Lia alone.” Hearing my name made my attention heighten even more.

My natural reaction was that I should go in and stop whatever was going on between them, but I wanted to wait and hear what they had to say out of curiosity.

Jungkook was staring Jimin down with his tall stature, and I felt a little pang in my chest when I remembered what happened on the rooftop.

“You can’t decide what I or Lia do.” A splurge of feelings erupted inside me. What did he mean? If he cared so much about what I did then why did he ask another girl to the dance? Obviously he didn’t like me so why would he be saying all of this?

Jimin equally met Jungkook’s stare. “Neither can you.”

The boys glared at each other in a way that made me sure that something had happened between them prior to all of this.

Jungkook’s voice came out firm to the point that I couldn’t even recognize it, because I had never heard him speak in that tone of voice. “Lia means a lot more to me than she ever could to you. You want her, but I need her.”

All of this was confusing me. What was Jeon Jungkook talking about? 

There was a few moments of silence until Jimin broke it. “Do you even like her honestly, or is she just something else for you to take from me?”

They clearly were referencing to something that had happened in the past, but by this point all I felt was anger. They were talking as if I were some kind of trophy.

Jungkook raised his eyebrows. “What kind of question is that?” Jimin shrugged. “It’s a question you need to answer.”  

I leaned in closer, despite how I was frustrated with the both of them I was waiting for Jungkook’s answer too.

He seemed to answer right as his mouth opened the words right on his tongue Jhope finally came out of his paralysis.

“Ok you two need to calm down. You’re blowing this out of proportion.” He stepped away from Suga and V to stand between Jungkook and Jimin.

“You both are just fueled by your anger and are saying out of line things. You need to take a deep breath and calm down.” My chest deflated. There was no way Jungkook was going to answer the question by now.

The boys all gave a few moments to calm down and collect themselves, but then finally Jungkook responded to Jimin.

He unfolded his arms to let them rest by his side, switching out from his defensive stance. “I don’t know how you feel about Lia, but I’ll tell you this. She is a valuable person in my life that I treasure every moment I get to have with her, and I wouldn’t want any of it to be taken from you.”

My heart thumped hard in my chest and to my dismay my cheeks heated up uncontrollably. “Why are you saying all of this when you’re taking someone else to the dance then?”

Even with that in mind though his words made my body tingle in a way that I knew for sure, it made me happy to hear him say that.

The room was silent, and I took this as my chance to come in without seeming like I had been listening to everything.

I burst through the door as if I had sprinted to the studio. All of the guys’ attention turned to me. Unable to meet eyes with Jungkook because I was pretty sure I would blush like crazy I looked directly to Jimin.

“Sorry I’m late Jimin! Is there anything left to clean?” I was extremely tempted to glance at Jungkook, but I compelled myself not to.

Jimin resumed his usual smile whenever he was talking with me. “No, don’t worry about it’s already done so you can go back.”

I smiled regretfully to him. “I’m so sorry this always ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter