Six

Sugar Rush

"Hello?" Seulgi reluctantly answered her cellphone as she was heading out of the building.

"Yah Seulgi, it's me Yura."

"Unnieeeee~" Seulgi smiled and gave an aegyo, clueless to Joy's fake vomiting beside her.

"Yah see I just got back in the city and I have a surprise for you. Haha!" Yura cheerfully remarked.

"A surprise? For me? Really?" Seulgi is now excited as Joy eavesdrops in the convo.

"Yah is it food?" Joy poked Seulgi's shoulder as the latter just shushes her.

 

"What time will you be available?" Yura inquired.

"I will be home any minute now. Will I come over to your dorm or-"

"No no I will come over to your dorm, I won't take long."

"Alright!" Seulgi smiled and ended the call.

"Wow! Someone’s too happy." Joy almost slammed the van's door at Seulgi's face.

 

x

 

The doorbell rang and entered a very shy Yura and Seulgi excitedly hugged her.

Joy is currently in the living room mindlessly browsing a magazine and eyeing the hugging friends.

 

"Unnie!"

"Hi Seulgi, the vacation got me tanned, see?" Yura pouted and shown her legs to Seulgi, and the latter just pats it. Joy faked a cough.

"Ah it's not that bad unnie, you had fun right?" Seulgi asked.

"It was awesome, I should have brought you along! I was terrible with their language." Yura animatedly talks.

"Let's sit in the couch, Unnie, you must be super tired. Maybe next time I can go with you and visit places together." Seulgi even mimicked a puppy while sitting closer to Yura.

 

Joy huffs and left the two alone.

 

"What happened to your friend? Is she okay?" Yura worriedly asks.

"Yeah she's fine unnie, she might just be having a hard time farting." Seulgi whispered.

"Does that happen? People have a hard time farting?"

"Yeah it does. Is this the first time you've heard of it, unnie?"

"I have no problem farting! That is so unfortunate!" Yura is now visibly worried.

 

"Seriously? How can these two live? I will lose my head if I continue eavesdropping. Fools!" Joy closes the door.

 

x

 

"By the way here is my surprise gift for you!" Yura laughs a bit too loudly.

"Unnie, you are not pranking me right?" Seulgi asks.

"Why would I? You are a dear dongsaeng to me." Yura pinches Seulgi's cheeks and the latter just shyly smiled.

 

"OHOOHOHOHO Seulgi unnie so cuuuuuuuuuuute!" Yeri's voice boomed through the entire living room and the two jumped in surprise.

"Joy unnie! You should see Seulgi unnie she looks like a puppy!" Yeri entered Joy's room laughing.

 

"Ah hahaha our maknae is really--" Seulgi scratches her cheek.

"But, you’d be a cute puppy." Yura smiles.

 

"Anyway open that gift when I'm gone, it's a surpriseee. Video call me when you've already opened it, okay?" Yura now leaves but not before Seulgi moves closer for another hug.

 

"Thank you, Unnie."

 

x

 

"Ah that's so lame, that's so laaaaameeeeeeeeeeee." Joy exclaimed as Seulgi had the gift opened for them to see.

"What's lame about it? I think it's cute." Wendy defended Seulgi who is now smiling at her gift.

"But she said it was a 'surpriseeee~!'.." Joy now mockingly mimics Yura.

"Shhhh, I will call Yura unnie now.." Seulgi is still smiling as she makes the call.

"Unnie I have already opened it." Seulgi waves while clutching the gift in her lap.

"Oh you did? Were you surprised? Kekekeke!" Yura is visibly chuckling.

"Surpriseeee.." Wendy elbowed Joy as the latter mimics Yura again.

 

"But what was this called unnie?"

"Sashi."

"What?"

"They call it Sashi." Yura stood and holds a statue similar to what Seulgi is holding.

"Now we got a matching pair, isn't it cute? Couple sashi!" Yura and Seulgi now both smiled as the rest collectively said "Awwww.." in the dorm.

 

"But unnie it is called shisa!" Wendy now muffles Joy's mouth.

 

"How can it be called a surprise when the rest of Korea have watched Girl's Day One Fine Day at Okinawa! Andddd it is called Shisa not Sashi!! Gaaahhhhhh! I'm going crazy!" Joy throws a tantrum as she walks away.

 

 

* If you guys have watched GsD One Fine Day you will understand the reference, and yes Joy is right it is called Shisa.